Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hatton:Floyd Mayweather would beat Manny Pacquiao because he's 'hard to hit'

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hatton:Floyd Mayweather would beat Manny Pacquiao because he's 'hard to hit'

"Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton:Floyd Mayweather would beat Manny Pacquiao because he's 'hard to hit'

Well I guess he knows Mayweather is hard to hit, but I dont think Pacquiao gave him a chance to find out!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton:Floyd Mayweather would beat Manny Pacquiao because he's 'hard to hit'

No kidding Ricky? Mayweather is the best defensive fighter i have ever seen, it comes as no surprise that the fatman would say this. Pacquiao is something out of the ordinary, Mayweather will need all of his defensive skills working to their maximum effect if he is to hold off Pacquiao for 12 rounds. Mayweather will not hurt Manny and my question is will he land enough to win a decision running all night long?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's nothing really controversial about that, Floyd is better on D, of course Ricky should know considering he was winning the second round of the Manny fight by a country mile.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One of the funnier thing about that interview according to the article I read is that he then said 'Floyd is a boring fighter though, he never goes for the knockout' which I thought was hilarious

Add that into Joe Calzaghe saying Mayweather should retire if he doesn't face Pacquiao because 'what's the point in being a boxer if you won't fight the best?' & Frank Warren criticizing Hatton for being a dishonest promoter who doesn't care about his fighters & you know there's some kind of flu going round the British boxing scene.

Next Carl Froch will be criticizing someone for being a one-dimensional slugger with a personality defect, whilst Amir Khan calls Salita 'chinny'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    There's nothing really controversial about that, Floyd is better on D, of course Ricky should know considering he was winning the second round of the Manny fight by a country mile.
    You been down at the pub with Ricky?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKfE1Bhcubg

Ricky would have lost that round on the score cards too.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm doing this too much.

Anyway I'm just repeating what Ricky told me.
    Last edited by OumaFan; 11-23-2009 at 12:18 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ER-101 View Post
    You been down at the pub with Ricky?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKfE1Bhcubg
    Ricky would have lost that round on the score cards too.
    Sweet, another opportunity to use my favorite picture!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    One of the funnier thing about that interview according to the article I read is that he then said 'Floyd is a boring fighter though, he never goes for the knockout' which I thought was hilarious

Add that into Joe Calzaghe saying Mayweather should retire if he doesn't face Pacquiao because 'what's the point in being a boxer if you won't fight the best?' & Frank Warren criticizing Hatton for being a dishonest promoter who doesn't care about his fighters & you know there's some kind of flu going round the British boxing scene.

Next Carl Froch will be criticizing someone for being a one-dimensional slugger with a personality defect, whilst Amir Khan calls Salita 'chinny'

It was quite ironic coming from a Mayweather KO victim.
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'm starting to think that pacquiao may win a close decision in a very competitive fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post
    No kidding Ricky? Mayweather is the best defensive fighter i have ever seen, it comes as no surprise that the fatman would say this. Pacquiao is something out of the ordinary, Mayweather will need all of his defensive skills working to their maximum effect if he is to hold off Pacquiao for 12 rounds. Mayweather will not hurt Manny and my question is will he land enough to win a decision running all night long?
    And on the flipside, if Manny isnt operating at 100% at every second of the fight, Mayweather will take over the pace and cruise to a UD.

Both fighters are always at their best and never seem to lose steam. The first person who does will pay heavily.

With that said, I have to go with skill. Mayweather by decision.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by knodaledge View Post
    And on the flipside, if Manny isnt operating at 100% at every second of the fight, Mayweather will take over the pace and cruise to a UD.

Both fighters are always at their best and never seem to lose steam. The first person who does will pay heavily.

It will make for a great fight, as i said Pacquiao is out of the ordinary and he does operate at 100% at every second of the fight. Mayweather certainly has the skill to combat him and frustrate him, i don't think anyone else can beat Manny except Floyd.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldnt read too much into who Ricky thinks would win, he had Cotto to beat Manny !

Maybe it's reverse betting
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

snigger

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by knodaledge View Post

MP wasn't nearly as effective when Cotto went on his bike. Now Cotto isn't really known for his great footwork and defence, Floyd is.

I'm sure people will now argue that MP 'let' Cotto run

Thread Information