0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Death Penalty

Bring it back tommorow...

too many nonces and rapists in prison living it up at the taxpayers expense

If the crime far exceeds a sentance of a life time in prison then simply take them to the nearest courtyard and have away with them
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No one is surprised Al

You'd chin them on the way down too right?

When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Talking Re: The Death Penalty

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    No one is surprised Al

and a boot in the spine for good measure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1ejRVdlNlE

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    No one is surprised Al

No i want them totally alert and focused , i want to see the whites of their eyes as the life drains from them.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bring it back yesterday!!!It'll stop all the sick bastards ever thinking of raping kids.May i add that all the druggies and waste of skins who choose to sponge off tax payers money and cause a pain in the arse for other normal citizen be sent to fight for queen and country,that way their can fooking die for a good cause.....waste of fucking skins!!!!
    Last edited by yvonne; 11-27-2009 at 08:00 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, bring it back, it'll cut the number of innocent people executed in Britain dramatically. It's barbaric, but we've bred a couple of generations of barbarians and they need to be brought under control. Executing all of them is the best way to do that.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, I have woken after a long night deep in sleep contemplating this serious issue....

In cases where the evidence is pretty much indisputed, I don't really have a huge problem with it. Why spend hundreds of pounds of taxpayers money on a cell for someone who has butchered and raped 20 people? Morally I find the death sentence somewhat pupugnant, but I find the high cost of keeping these savage types in relative comfort to be repugnant too.

Serial killers are never going to mend their ways really, so I am more comfortable with letting types like that get the chop. But for single time offenders, I am far less comfortable. There is always the chance that rehabilitation will prove more successful. In enforcing the death penalty the evidence must be undisputed, if there is any doubt then the penalty should wait or be called off altogether.

Another option might be to offer the offender suicide as a way out. "Here's some pills. Death will be quite painless. You make your choice". It puts it more into the offenders hands then.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    Bring it back yesterday!!!It'll stop all the sick bastards ever thinking of raping kids.May i add that all the druggies and waste of skins who choose to sponge off tax payers money and cause a pain in the arse for other normal citizen be sent to fight for queen and country,that way their can fooking die for a good cause.....waste of fucking skins!!!!
    But is it a good enough deterrent? I've not seen any research or evidence to support that fact that the death penalty is any more of a deterrent than jail.

Secondly, how would you turn druggies and spongers into soldiers? If they can't be arsed finding a job, how are they going to physically cope with being forced to kill for a living? Is being lazy deserving of being forced to carry the responsibility of ending another man's life? Then of course you have to question the morality of war and decide whether or not Iraq and Afghanistan are what you would deem as a good cause.

Questioning the morality of the death penalty is interesting it itself. First and foremost DNA evidence often isn't sufficient enough to convict somebody of a crime. Circumstantial evidence and statistical evidence also needs to analysed. The bad thing is, this evidence is analysed by a jury; a jury who often don't have the necessary skills to correctly analyse statistics. Incorrect convictions have occured in the past, whereby innocent people have been sentenced to death.

Even assuming the Jury have correctly analysed the evidence, statistical evidence is only as good as the statitician who has formulated the probabilities of person X being guilty. A case a few years ago in the UK is an example of this. A woman was sentenced to prison for allegedly smothering her two children 2 death. The statisitcal evidence suggested that there was a 1 in 73million chance of both babies dying by natural causes. This had a profound effect on the jury and they found her guilty. On appeal, it emerged that the statistics were wrong. There was infact a 1 in 130,000 thousand chance of 1 baby dying from natural causes/cot death. In cases of child death, the odds of a 2nd child from the same household dying was only 1 in 60. Given the amount of babies born every year, probability suggested that there are bound to be a few double cot death incidents every year in the UK. She was released on appeal a few years later. If the death penalty was in force, she'd have been killed.

That's the problem, no 2 convictions are ever the same. There is always variables in every criminal case.

In cases where there is absolutely no doubt (if that's possible), then the idea of the death penatly takes on new ground. Does killing the guilty, erase the memory of the crime? Does it reverse the effects of the crime? Who has the power to decide to end somebody's life? Does that person then become a murderer? Will he be given the death penalty?

The idea of my post is not to dismiss other people's opinion. The Death Penalty is always an interesting point of debate. Opinion is divided. I personally think it's barbaric and has no place in civilised society. With that said, neither do murderers and rapists etc...that's why they should spend their time in jail.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

jon09 Guest

All for it! Fry em, Hang em, inject em do whatever. I would love to see it on ppv 1 day.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive often thought,just let em go.

Just let em go in the bush just ahead of Lurch and myself, it would save us a fortune in our annual African safari excursions.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This topic has been discussed a few weeks/months ago, as some of you seem to have missed it, here are my thoughts and some interesting facts about the matter:

1) removing a life will always break the life of many peoples around, no matter what, a mother and a father are a mother and a father and will always be saddened by the lost of a son or a daughter, no matter what bad thing he could have done, there is also often close friends, brothers and sisters etc. Not only does the sentenced death won't correct at all the situation but it'll just bring more grieving and sadness around and the vindicative feeling, no matter how, is not a healthy thing. (BEfore somebody ask me, NO, I wouldn't want somebody who killed my brother to get killed in return)

2) There is a HUGE part of mistake, more than 135 peoples have been death sentenced and weren't responsible. The reason? judiciary mistake and the fact that most of these peoples were coming from poor environment and couldn't afford a normal lawyer. As you can't overturn it once the person has been executed, I cannot support a system that will create incredible and irreversible consequences, and we all know how the death of a loved one will be eternally painful. Also, Most peoples sentenced to death are Hispanic (80%) and Black (35%), coincidentially, those from the poorest minorities. http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/documents/FactSheet.pdf

3) The execution system of somebody is much more expensive than to keep him as an inmate, We are talking 6 times the price of an inmating in florida, for example; Costs of the Death Penalty | Death Penalty Information Center

4), Person who commit a violent crime are way more likely to do it again in a place where the death sentence is applied. The reason? They have nothing to lose as they know that their days are more likely to come to an end, which is a kind of spiral because it enforces some hardcore criminal to become even more hardcore: (See la peine de Mort aux Etats-Unis by Andre KAspi)

So for all these reasons (among others), I cannot suscribe to a system that is more expensive and that causes more harms than good. I cannot neither suscribe to an unfair system where riches have good chance to escape it and simply be life sentenced and where poors have no chances to defend themselves and will more likely walk the thin green line, the whole thing destroying even more lifes around.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not entirely in favor in some regards.Not for the righteous god think side but because frankly its to easy a way for some of the lowest forms of humanity.Any man or woman can 'justify' an action that leads to taking of a life...it happens everyday but in some cases its all very cut and dry.Rape of children,murders and savagery done onto total innocence be they elderly or the youngest amongst us arrives at their own consequence.Have thought for a while that maybe the direct family of victims should be the deciding factor for a guiltys fate....though can they bare losing close family only to directly decide life or death of yet another.Many would seem to savor that call.Vigilante justice has to be prevalent,put yourself in someones shoes who loses a loved one.Very easy to become what you despise and detest in another,switch roles in an instant...some could live with that in a hope of finding "justice".Shit...need coffee

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

More than two-thirds of the world’s countries have abolished the death penalty.

Between 1972 and 1976, the death penalty in the US was suspended after it was found to violate the constitution.

Since it was re-instated in 1976, 1,151 people have been executed.

The death sentence is not uniformly applied – just 2% of murderers actually end up on death row.

95% of death row prisoners cannot afford their own attorney.

95% of executions last year were in the Southern states.

80% of executions cases involve a white murder victim, even though half of all murder victims are African American.

The average length of time between sentencing and execution is more than 12 years.

The lethal injection involves a drug considered inhumane by the American Veterinary Medical association and banned in many states for use on animals.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    More than two-thirds of the world’s countries have abolished the death penalty.

Between 1972 and 1976, the death penalty in the US was suspended after it was found to violate the constitution.

Since it was re-instated in 1976, 1,151 people have been executed.

The death sentence is not uniformly applied – just 2% of murderers actually end up on death row.

95% of death row prisoners cannot afford their own attorney.

95% of executions last year were in the Southern states.

80% of executions cases involve a white murder victim, even though half of all murder victims are African American.

The average length of time between sentencing and execution is more than 12 years.

The lethal injection involves a drug considered inhumane by the American Veterinary Medical association and banned in many states for use on animals.
    Yes so let me string em up with a rope then.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Not entirely in favor in some regards.Not for the righteous god think side but because frankly its to easy a way for some of the lowest forms of humanity.Any man or woman can 'justify' an action that leads to taking of a life...it happens everyday but in some cases its all very cut and dry.Rape of children,murders and savagery done onto total innocence be they elderly or the youngest amongst us arrives at their own consequence.Have thought for a while that maybe the direct family of victims should be the deciding factor for a guiltys fate....though can they bare losing close family only to directly decide life or death of yet another.Many would seem to savor that call.Vigilante justice has to be prevalent,put yourself in someones shoes who loses a loved one.Very easy to become what you despise and detest in another,switch roles in an instant...some could live with that in a hope of finding "justice".Shit...need coffee
    Get some and come back to this discussion
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Thread Information