Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Some news on the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight

The negotiations for a possible $80 million super fight between pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao and former No.1 Floyd Mayweather Jr have been stalled and its not because Top RBank promoter Bob Arum and Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer have hit a snag. Its all because of Pacquiao’s reported firm decision to run for a congressional seat in Sarangani.

After a series of frantic overseas telephone conversations with Pacquiao’s lawyer Franklin “Jeng” G acal Arum told us he was informed that Pacquiao had decided to run for Congress and that the newspaper photos and reports quoting Pacquiao as asking for support for the Party List group Pwersa ng Bayaning Atleta were supposedly misleading. The impression that he would vie for a seat as a representatve of the PBA party list group were reportedly incorrect.

Pacquiao’s longtime friend and sometime confidant Rex “Wakee” Salud told us that Pacquiao would run in Sarangani and that there is a good chance he would run unopposed, banking on an apparent effort by President Arroyo to appeal to the well-established Chiongbian family to withdraw from the congressional race.

Salud said he was 99 percent sure that Pacquiao would run and win, no matter what.

Given this scenario Arum told www.insidesports.ph, Standard Today and Viva Sports “what’s there to talk about” when asked for an update on his talks with Schaefer on a Mayweather fight.

Arum said “if worse comes to worse we’ll go back to the original plan for a March 13 fight” in which the new Dallas Cowboys billion dollar stadium is the likely venue.

He said Pacquiao “will fight somebody else” although no names were mentioned and Mayweather may go to England and fight Matthew Hatton, the brother of former IBO light welterweight champion RBicky “The Hitman” Hatton which has been mentioned as a possibility and the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight will happen at the end of the year.

Arum said “anyway, let’s see what happens” after the deadline for Manny to file his Certificate of Candidacy.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Mayweather fighting Matthew Hatton what a fucking joke.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Some news on the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight

Mayweather will fight either Pacquiao or the Mosley-Berto winner next. This Matthew Hatton thing is bizarre, there's plenty of more popular fighters he could beat up for better money.

I still think this fight gets made even if they bring it forward to sometime in March or April. No way are either of them going to risk a $50m pay day for this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is this another attempt to make PBF look bad via rumor? Going by the article the only thing stopping this fight is Pacquiao's decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by blegit View Post
    Is this another attempt to make PBF look bad via rumor? Going by the article the only thing stopping this fight is Pacquiao's decision.

By who me?? Im letting the guys no the latest I have found, It does seem Pac is the one holding this up, but what a joke if Mayweathers warm up fight is against Matthew Hatton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blegit View Post

By who me?? Im letting the guys no the latest I have found, It does seem Pac is the one holding this up, but what a joke if Mayweathers warm up fight is against Matthew Hatton.
    Pac's not holding up!! He just want it in March so he Can Run for election in May. Promoters wwant it in May. Floyd still undecided. He might be Chickening out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rather than Pac-yuri, I prefer Pac to fight Corey Spinks at 154. Both are feather fisted anyway. Spinks is a good tune up for PBF coz he's Black & Slick. Yuri is also a Slick style but I prefer a Black one so we can Silence Nate Campbell.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacdbest2 View Post
    Rather than Pac-yuri, I prefer Pac to fight Corey Spinks at 154. Both are feather fisted anyway. Spinks is a good tune up for PBF coz he's Black & Slick. Yuri is also a Slick style but I prefer a Black one so we can Silence Nate Campbell.
    Huh?
    What?
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

jon09 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    Huh?
    What?
    Lol has Manny ever faced a black opponent?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What excuse would Mayweather have for not taking a fight with Pacquiao in March? That would be at least 4 months away and 6 months from his fight with Marquez. If Mayweather looks bad, it would be his own doing and not the doing of a rumor about when a fight is scheduled. Certainly he doesn't have a hair stylist schedule conflict.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    What excuse would Mayweather have for not taking a fight with Pacquiao in March? That would be at least 4 months away and 6 months from his fight with Marquez. If Mayweather looks bad, it would be his own doing and not the doing of a rumor about when a fight is scheduled. Certainly he doesn't have a hair stylist schedule conflict.
    Not so long ago Roach was saying that we wouldnt be ready to fight Floyd in March cause he hasnt studied him.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by littlebif View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    Not so long ago Roach was saying that we wouldnt be ready to fight Floyd in March cause he hasnt studied him.

Wasn't Roach in De La Hoya's corner when he fought Mayweather? They should just get this fight on rather then messing about with tune up fights and dates etc. I don't see any reason why it couldn't take place in March, i thought that was the date they were originally looking at?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From Skysports:

Pacquiao-Foreman an option

Pac Man may tackle Israeli ahead of Mayweather bout

Manny Pacquiao could fight Israel's Yuri Foreman ahead of his super-fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr, trainer Freddie Roach has confirmed.
    A much-anticipated fight between Filipino Pacquiao, the world's best pound-for-pound boxer, and undefeated Mayweather is on the cards after the American recently came out of retirement.
    Talks between both camps are underway, but Roach has accused Mayweather's party of stalling on negotiations and is considering an earlier bout for the 'Pac Man' against WBA light-middleweight champion Foreman.
    "We want to fight in March and we don't really want to wait," Roach said.
    Commitment

"Mayweather doesn't want to fight in March, so we might fight for the 154lbs title in March and move up for that eighth world title.
    "I'm thinking about that still and it's something that I'm kicking around in my head right now.
    "Yuri Foreman might be the opponent. It is a possibility, and then Mayweather in September. If they guarantee me that, we'll do that, but I need more of a commitment from Mayweather because he's not negotiating too well.
    "It has to happen, and with the money they are going to make out of it, I feel it will happen. Mayweather can't make that money with anybody else."
    And while admitting Mayweather could cause a few problems against Pacquiao, Roach revealed he has a game-plan in place for the Michigan fighter.
    Roach also believes Pacquiao's attacking qualities will prove too much for Mayweather.

Great fighter

"Offence wins fights. He (Mayweather) has a great defence, you don't score points with defence," Roach said.
    "I have a good game-plan for Mayweather. I have studied him hard and I know him pretty well.
    "He's very difficult and he gives us problems but I think we can get to him. We can match his speed and our footwork is a little better than his so I think we can excel in those spots.
    "Obviously it's a tough fight but I think we can get to him and break him down.
    "He (Mayweather) is a great fighter and the retirement was just to make his price go up. He's just playing games. He never left the gym - he trained the whole time. He's not going to retire for a long time."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WTF?

Sounds like you're talking about a fluffer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So if he gets a congressional seat how much of his time will it take up?? Will he basically retire?? I'm not up on politics so im not sure what the job intales

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the Floyd fighting Matthew Hatton crap is gay, but it sounds more like Manny avoiding the fight more than anything with the whole elections BS

Thread Information