Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Trips to the Cinema

Anybody else find trips to the cinema really annoying nowadays?

Went to see 'paranormal activity' the other day.
    Its a horror film (as the name implies), but one where its all about the tension building, suspense etc. Not a slasher type.
    All the way through, at any point there was even a tiny bit of humour everyone was laughing hysterically!! If its a comedy then fine, but its supposed to be a subtle horror film, laughing constantly absolutely destoys the film! And the crap they were laughing about wasn't even remotely funny!
    Oh and also when something 'scary' did happen there was loads of laughing along with 'hilarious' fake screams. Absolute twats. Ok we get it, you arent scared!!! So fucking what?! Maybe you would be if you allowed yourself to be! Maybe you are scared of screaming like a girl so you cover it up by laughing all the way through!

Its always the same in the cinema now. Any joke, however crap, is met with huge laughter. Listen, just because its a joke or a slight bit of humour you aren't duty bound to insert a laugh. A laugh is a natural reaction, not something you fucking choose to do! Its like their brain is saying ' oh, that was a joke, i get jokes, to show that i get it i must laugh now'. Bastards.

Like i say, in a comedy this is annoying but bearable, but in a horror its absolutely stupid. I was so close to standing up and screaming at everyone to SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!! But then i'd be the crazy guy.

We get it, you can understand when something is supposed to be funny. We understand you know when soemthing is supposed to be scary. We all do, but some of us don't feel the need to share it with everyone!

Its like these people think the audience is there to listen to them and their stupid comments. Well we arent. We are not a willing audience.
    Its like when you are in a queue or something and you have some annoying teenage girls behind you. They talk really loud and stupidly, thinking they are impressing everyone with their conversation. You arent! We don't care! We are buying milk, we are not your audience!

I have more to say but now i feel really pissed off. And i havent even mentioned the prices (£3 for a small bottle of water!!!!).

Thats it anyway.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Trips to the Cinema

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    Anybody else find trips to the cinema really annoying nowadays?

Went to see 'paranormal activity' the other day.
    Its a horror film (as the name implies), but one where its all about the tension building, suspense etc. Not a slasher type.
    All the way through, at any point there was even a tiny bit of humour everyone was laughing hysterically!! If its a comedy then fine, but its supposed to be a subtle horror film, laughing constantly absolutely destoys the film! And the crap they were laughing about wasn't even remotely funny!
    Oh and also when something 'scary' did happen there was loads of laughing along with 'hilarious' fake screams. Absolute twats. Ok we get it, you arent scared!!! So fucking what?! Maybe you would be if you allowed yourself to be! Maybe you are scared of screaming like a girl so you cover it up by laughing all the way through!

Its always the same in the cinema now. Any joke, however crap, is met with huge laughter. Listen, just because its a joke or a slight bit of humour you aren't duty bound to insert a laugh. A laugh is a natural reaction, not something you fucking choose to do! Its like their brain is saying ' oh, that was a joke, i get jokes, to show that i get it i must laugh now'. Bastards.

Like i say, in a comedy this is annoying but bearable, but in a horror its absolutely stupid. I was so close to standing up and screaming at everyone to SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!! But then i'd be the crazy guy.

We get it, you can understand when something is supposed to be funny. We understand you know when soemthing is supposed to be scary. We all do, but some of us don't feel the need to share it with everyone!

Its like these people think the audience is there to listen to them and their stupid comments. Well we arent. We are not a willing audience.
    Its like when you are in a queue or something and you have some annoying teenage girls behind you. They talk really loud and stupidly, thinking they are impressing everyone with their conversation. You arent! We don't care! We are buying milk, we are not your audience!

I have more to say but now i feel really pissed off. And i havent even mentioned the prices (£3 for a small bottle of water!!!!).

Thats it anyway.
    I agree. A dvd night in with the girlfriend is a better option. Cheaper, less, hassle, no other people there, can turn it off if it's shit, can press pause if you need the loo, water is free, can fast-forward the trailers.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I try and wait till a film is near the end of it's run so there's hardly anyone in.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, if the cinema is empty it's much better.

I wouldn't even contemplate going to a packed cinema these days... unless I was gonna blow it up.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    I try and wait till a film is near the end of it's run so there's hardly anyone in.
    Good tip, but then i end up waiting that little bit longer until it comes out on DVD.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool Re: Trips to the Cinema

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

I wouldn't even contemplate going to a packed cinema these days... unless I was gonna blow it up.
    cinema fatwa?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cinema fatwa?
    Misanthrope.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol I turned into the guy you describe the last movie I went to see. In retrospect it is kinda funny because I hate that guy and nearly got in a fist fight because of it.

Prob. the first movie I've went to in over a year I wasn't there to get a hand job for or something along those lines. And when I realized it was such crap...instead of maximizing my efforts and settling into a nice popcorn and hand job mentality...I lost the plot and got pissed off embarrassing the girl I was with. Ended up with neither an enjoyable movie or a handy. haha o well, live and learn.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cinema fatwa?
    Misanthrope.

It's why I look forward to Christmas to remind people how bad it is.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    lol I turned into the guy you describe the last movie I went to see. In retrospect it is kinda funny because I hate that guy and nearly got in a fist fight because of it.

Prob. the first movie I've went to in over a year I wasn't there to get a hand job for or something along those lines. And when I realized it was such crap...instead of maximizing my efforts and settling into a nice popcorn and hand job mentality...I lost the plot and got pissed off embarrassing the girl I was with. Ended up with neither an enjoyable movie or a handy. haha o well, live and learn.
    in to the popcorn?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate going to see a film (I'm going to avoid the word movie theater in case Big H is about) because it means having to deal with the general public. People continually get their cell phones out and spend time texting and the open phone with it's light is nothing but a total distraction to me. Then there are all the people who gossip all the way through a film. I've upset numerous people by telling them to put their phone away or to just be quiet. Also the smell of dried squid is something that should never be allowed to permeate a cinema. It makes it all thoroughly unpleasant. I don't go out and watch films anymore, as I just find it too stressful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

in to the popcorn?
    waht you sayin' missy, reckon Youngblood likes it salty then ......

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jamiebhoy View Post

in to the popcorn?
    waht you sayin' missy, reckon Youngblood likes it salty then ......
    I reckon so, who doesn't like salty popcorn?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

haha our Missy has done quite the transformation into forum tart. Not a bad thing.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool Re: Trips to the Cinema

haha our Missy has done quite the transformation into forum tart. Not a bad thing.

The thing to consider is whether I've always been this way and most didn't notice or the filth has been drawn out of me.

Thread Information