Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andre Berto Pulls Off The Upset Shane Mosley Is Getting Overrated.

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Andre Berto Pulls Off The Upset Shane Mosley Is Getting Overrated.

Im sorry but i am getting a bit tired of hearing, well Manny Pacquiao could fight Shane Mosley after the Floyd Mayweather Jr fight. People are already writing off Andre Berto's chances which is unfair IMO.

Andre Berto has a very good jab, something Shane Mosley has alot of trouble with. Miguel Cotto basically won vs Shane Mosley by just using his jab, so did Vernon Forrest so did Winky Wright.

Andre Berto is as fast as Shane Mosley and fresher IMO, Andre Berto has some underrated technical boxing skills. And he has some good pop to his punches.

The only real weakness i see with Andre Berto, is that he squares himself up too much on the inside. But i think he did improve on that somewhat vs Juan Urango.

I admit Andre Berto hasn't really beaten an elite name yet, but that doesn't mean he isn't capable of doing so.

Shane Mosley is getting overrated too much IMO, he didn't look good in the Ricardo Mayorga fight and only fought in spurts, he looked like a finished fighter in that fight until the last round.

He looked good in the Antonio Margarito fight, but couldn't that be down to being a perfect stylistic match up for Shane Mosley. Plus Antonio Margarito not being as good without handwraps ? where was the thudding punching power like he had in the Golden Johnson, Miguel Cotto, fights ?

I didn't think Shane Mosley looked that good in that Miguel Cotto fight either, he was totally outboxed and only won rounds when Miguel Cotto cruised in the later rounds.

As for Luis Collazo fight well i thought Luis Collazo was being effective with his left hand, until he broke his best weapon his left hand. Now i know we can't say for certain how the fight would of gone, even if Luis Collazo hadn't had broke his left hand. But surely it would of been more competitive IMO it would have.

And now for Fernando Vargas fights, well he won the 2nd fight in good fashion. But Fernando Vargas was total crap in the 2nd fight, and was a finished fighter.

His last good performance was in the 1st fight, he looked real good and may of been winning the fight before his eye got completely closed. He looked really up for that fight, but then seemed to lack fire in the 2nd fight and looked completely gone from the 1st bell.

Im not trying to discredit Shane Mosley, i do like him as a fighter. He's one of my favorite modern fighters, but do think people overrate him on here just for the win over Antonio Margarito, i remember people were saying how bad he looked in the Ricardo Mayorga fight including me, now people are saying his back ? i don't buy it.

Andre Berto by close MD controlling Shane Mosley behind his jab.
    Last edited by ICB; 12-08-2009 at 07:57 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Andre Berto Pulls Off The Upset Shane Mosley Is Getting Overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Im sorry but i am getting a bit tired of hearing, well Manny Pacquiao could fight Shane Mosley after the Floyd Mayweather Jr fight. People are already writing off Andre Berto's chances which is unfair IMO.

Andre Berto has a very good jab, something Shane Mosley has alot of trouble with. Miguel Cotto basically won vs Shane Mosley by just using his jab, so did Vernon Forrest so did Winky Wright.

Andre Berto is as fast as Shane Mosley and fresher IMO, Andre Berto has some underrated technical boxing skills. And he has some good pop to his punches.

The only real weakness i see with Andre Berto, is that he squares himself up too much on the inside. But i think he did improve on that somewhat vs Juan Urango.

I admit Andre Berto hasn't really beaten an elite name yet, but that doesn't mean he isn't capable of doing so.

Shane Mosley is getting overrated too much IMO, he didn't look good in the Ricardo Mayorga fight and only fought in spurts, he looked like a finished fighter in that fight until the last round.

He looked good in the Antonio Margarito fight, but couldn't that be down to being a perfect stylistic match up for Shane Mosley. Plus Antonio Margarito not being as good without handwraps ? where was the thudding punching power like he had in the Golden Johnson, Miguel Cotto, fights ?

I didn't think Shane Mosley looked that good in that Miguel Cotto fight either, he was totally outboxed and only won rounds when Miguel Cotto cruised in the later rounds.

As for Luis Collazo fight well i thought Luis Collazo was being effective with his left hand, until he broke his best weapon his left hand. Now i know we can't say for certain how the fight would of gone, even if Luis Collazo hadn't had broke his left hand. But surely it would of been more competitive IMO it would have.

And now for Fernando Vargas fights, well he won the 2nd fight in good fashion. But Fernando Vargas was total crap in the 2nd fight, and was a finished fighter.

His last good performance was in the 1st fight, he looked real good and may of been winning the fight before his eye got completely closed. He looked really up for that fight, but then seemed to lack fire in the 2nd fight and looked completely gone from the 1st bell.

Im not trying to discredit Shane Mosley, i do like him as a fighter. He's one of my favorite modern fighters, but do think people overrate him on here just for the win over Antonio Margarito, i remember people were saying how bad he looked in the Ricardo Mayorga fight including me, now people are saying his back ? i don't buy it.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but no one's talking about Pac vs Shane here. Pac is planning to retire after he fights Mayweather.

I haven't heard of anyone discounting Andre Berto either.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee View Post

Forgive me if I'm wrong but no one's talking about Pac vs Shane here. Pac is planning to retire after he fights Mayweather.

Make a poll and see how many people on this site, think Andre Berto will win. Infact im the only one i've seen that thinks Andre Berto would win.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Make a poll and see how many people on this site, think Andre Berto will win. Infact im the only one i've seen that thinks Andre Berto would win.
    LOL. And you can now hear what people are thinking?

ICB Guest

WTF are you talking about i said im the only one, that i have personally "seen" pick Andre Berto over Shane Mosley, where the hell did you get "hear" from ?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WTF are you talking about i said im the only one, that i have personally "seen" pick Andre Berto over Shane Mosley, where the hell did you get "hear" from ?

Read yours post buddy. I've highlighted it for you.

ICB Guest

I meant from people i know personally, and people on here. Your just being an asshole personally, you know full well exactly what i mean from that comment stop picking up on everything i say.

You've been doing it for awhile now, as i said you got a problem settle it on the hidden boards or PM me.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I meant from people i know personally, and people on here. Your just being an asshole personally, you know full well exactly what i mean from that comment stop picking up on everything i say.

You've been doing it for awhile now, as i said you got a problem settle it on the hidden boards or PM me.
    Honestly, I could not relate to what you're saying since i haven't read a post by somebody here who is discounting Andre Berto.

Just clarifying bro. You were putting words into our mouths.

ICB Guest

Honestly, I could not relate to what you're saying since i haven't read a post by somebody here who is discounting Andre Berto.

Just clarifying bro. You were putting words into our mouths.
    Well as i said make a poll and see for yourself, or if this topic gets enough replies your see for yourself. Im not putting words into anyone mouths, i said from what i've "seen" and "heard". Well if there is anyone who thinks Andre Berto will win, please come forward and support me, because i haven't seen anyone else thinking Andre Berto will win except me.

Sydney, Australia. Originally from Canada.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When he looses an argument he resorts to going in circles. If you ignore him maybe he'll go offline and **ck-off to some pictures of skinny 18 year old Pacquiao.
    Last edited by TheBranMan; 12-08-2009 at 08:48 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBranMan View Post

When he looses an argument he resorts to going in circles. If you ignore him maybe he'll go offline and wack-off to some pictures of skinny 18 year old Pacquiao.
    When you can't reason out anymore, just accept the fact that you're wrong. Don't be resorting to comments like wacking off to some pictures of pac.

you know you're mistaken ( see the other thread where you left off) and admit that you're fabricating stories and reasons.

And please, you don't have the monopoly of correct assumptions.

BTW, we are talking here of how we feel about Andre Berto vs Shane not about Pacquaio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Berto will make it a good fight, but I think Shane will ultimately prevail, maybe even stop him. One thing, Berto won't be able to hurt Shane, whereas Shane could very well hurt Berto. Berto is a good offensive fighter but he is open to being tagged. I also think that since Shane brought in naazim that he is a reinvigorated fighter. I think Shane is more determined than ever to make a statement and I think Andre will be his sacrificial lamb.
    "The refusal to respect one's enemies is a weakness, a stinginess of heart." Frederick the Great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Berto stylistically is a bad match for Shane.

He's fast, has good movement, etc but i think Berto's lack of defense sometimes and his questionable chin will give Mosley all he needs to win.

Mosley's power is no joke.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shane is not over rated you berk he is an ATG. Berto can never achieve what Shane has done in his career. Berto can win but please do not under play Shane, it does a dis-service to Berto should he pull it off.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Shane is not over rated you berk he is an ATG. Berto can never achieve what Shane has done in his career. Berto can win but please do not under play Shane, it does a dis-service to Berto should he pull it off.
    Hold on a minute when did i say Shane Mosley wasn't an ATG ? all im saying is that he's getting overrated lately not his career overall, because of his win vs Antonio Margarito, yet those same people were saying he looked shot vs Ricardo Mayorga.

No need to call me names trust me i know all about Shane Mosley, and have seen pretty much all his title fights aswell as his early fights, so trying to tell me he's an ATG isn't necessary i can assure you. I think you misunderstand what im getting at.

Thread Information