Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default My 1st website.

Ive modernised it and added some of the features you all suggested.

poundforpoundnow.co.uk
    Last edited by Hoggmeister; 12-23-2009 at 06:54 PM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: My 1st website.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggmeister View Post
    Very basic and the fighter list needs updating.

home
    Looks OK well done.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not bad for your first site...Looks like you put in some real effort...I like the whole idea of having a site dedicated to just the reigning top m10 P4P

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggmeister View Post
    Very basic and the fighter list needs updating.

home
    Nice one mate
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like the concept it's a good start.

I'm going to try to give constructive criticism now, this is not meant to take a swipe at you. I see you are using Dreamweaver, so some of the html is kinda funky

1. The title of your home page should say what the site is instead of "Home"

2. You shouldn't create a new directory for each page it's just asking for more confusion down the road.

3. The alt tags should reference what the picture is not it's file name.

4. You have double assigned the div id: "p4ptop" Not sure if that's a double intentionally or not, if you do need two divs that reference p4p top you should make it a class instead, otherwise you can delete one of them.

The first three things will help you with google searches as it's what their spiders are looking for. The last thing is a validation error and should be fixed.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks very much guys, i really appreciate your feedback. Ill keep on with the site and as i get better, the site will get better, technically and visually. Thanks again dudes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They were great Tips killersheep... Might run my website past you once I get it up and running..

I like the mouse over buttons on the left as you scroll over them..

Another suggestion is that you could point out as the "The current top 10P4P as ranked by....." as it's ambiguous enough at the moment so that people might wonder if it's your personal P4P top 10 etc. Even though it's probably obvious who it's ranked by. But adding as "ranked by Ring Magazine", that will also raise your site in google searches that might include "Ring Magazine" etc..

Anyway i'm commend the great idea as well... A website that people can bookmark and check back whenever they've been out of the game a bit and what to see the top fighters..

A behind the scenes suggestion also is you could gather up research of other fighteres who might be pecking at the heals of these guys, and even have pages already made up for them incase they slot in there at any stage..

Final suggestion is that you could have a note somewhere saying "Updated the 1st of every month, or the every second month" so people know they can check back to see an updated list.. I got this idea as I liked how you put "As at Nov 1st" because some websites woudln't even have that..

Anway, again, good start and hope you work at it because what starts off as an idea in your head, has turned into an up and running page, and could turn into some huge like here at Saddo's... Every website started out as a tiny idea in someone's head and very few where giant straight off the bat...

And feel free to come back anytime as everyone here would be happy helping you

Oh, also, where you have the names of the fighters just over their pictures, you could have it so you can click on them as well to go to the fighters page, as when I scrolled to the bottom, I went to click on the name instead of scrolling back up to the buttons.. You can still keep the text exactly how it is, same color and no underline like normal links.. But they'll just be clickable

Haha sorry, i'm a detail nut and love that type of stuff so could sit their all night working on a website
    Last edited by Dizaster; 12-11-2009 at 08:49 AM.
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizaster View Post
    They were great Tips killersheep... Might run my website past you once I get it up and running..

I like the mouse over buttons on the left as you scroll over them..

Another suggestion is that you could point out as the "The current top 10P4P as ranked by....." as it's ambiguous enough at the moment so that people might wonder if it's your personal P4P top 10 etc. Even though it's probably obvious who it's ranked by. But adding as "ranked by Ring Magazine", that will also raise your site in google searches that might include "Ring Magazine" etc..

Anyway i'm commend the great idea as well... A website that people can bookmark and check back whenever they've been out of the game a bit and what to see the top fighters..

A behind the scenes suggestion also is you could gather up research of other fighteres who might be pecking at the heals of these guys, and even have pages already made up for them incase they slot in there at any stage..

Final suggestion is that you could have a note somewhere saying "Updated the 1st of every month, or the every second month" so people know they can check back to see an updated list.. I got this idea as I liked how you put "As at Nov 1st" because some websites woudln't even have that..

Anway, again, good start and hope you work at it because what starts off as an idea in your head, has turned into an up and running page, and could turn into some huge like here at Saddo's... Every website started out as a tiny idea in someone's head and very few where giant straight off the bat...

And feel free to come back anytime as everyone here would be happy helping you

Oh, also, where you have the names of the fighters just over their pictures, you could have it so you can click on them as well to go to the fighters page, as when I scrolled to the bottom, I went to click on the name instead of scrolling back up to the buttons.. You can still keep the text exactly how it is, same color and no underline like normal links.. But they'll just be clickable

Haha sorry, i'm a detail nut and love that type of stuff so could sit their all night working on a website
    Thanks mate, youve got some really good ideas there and ill be putting them into practise. You hit the nail on the head with the fighters names as links, it will make the pages much more accessible, so thanks again. As for everyone at Saddoboxing helping and giving me ideas, that would be fantastic and appreciated beyond words. Ive just got to wait a few weeks for my diploma to come through the post and then i can start making changes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nice 1 good site brotha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey guys, ive changed my site and added some features that were suggested by some of you, thanks for all your input.

poundforpoundnow.co.uk

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It looks a lot cleaner man, I like the visual changes you made. Did you keep a copy of the old version?
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I liked the first one better.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice one, Hoggmeister. I wish I can come up with one of these but just don't have the time, and coming from the pre-tech generation, don't have the knowledge either. I was thinking about starting one for my pet project, an advocacy - world peace...

...well not exactly but something like that. (alright, stop laffing folks, I'm serious)
    Last edited by pacfan; 12-26-2009 at 03:47 PM.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks fellas. Ive actually updated the fighter list and changed it a little again and im now 100% happy with it. Let me know what you think.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seems a good site at a quick glance.
    Balls

Thread Information