Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacquiao has Signed (according to Roach)!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pacquiao has Signed (according to Roach)!

Now let's just hope Mayweather doesn't try some chicken $hit move and makes it official.

************************************************** ***********************************
    8CN Freddie Roach Exclusive! " We signed the contract"
    December 9th, 2009 Brad Cooney

8CountNews just spoke with Freddie Roach and got an update on the status of the super fight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. Roach informs 8CN that Manny has signed the contract, and they are waiting for Mayweather to sign his. Roach confirms that both fighters have agreed on the purse money, and the glove size. Freddie also confirms that Dallas, Texas is in the running as a possible venue spot for the fight. Don't miss what else Freddie Roach had to say in this exclusive 8CN interview.

8CN - Freddie, thanks for joining us. Can you give us a status update on the Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather Jr fight?

FR - Everything looks good. We have agreed on the glove size, and the weight. I talked to Arum, Dallas wants the fight, MGM wants the fight, Yankee Stadium wants the fight, so it's just trying to find out where the venue is. The fight looks good.

8CN - Do you think at this point anything can snag it, or throw this fight off of the tracks?

FR - Well anything is possible with Floyd Mayweather involved, but we signed our contract and that's all I care about. There is nothing that I can do about the other guy. I don't know if they officially signed, but we have.

8CN - Have you heard anything about New Orleans being a possible venue for the fight?

FR - I haven't heard that, but I am sure Bob Arum is looking everywhere possible.

8CN - Talk about the match-up. How does Manny match up against Floyd?

FR - It's a difficult fight, it's the most difficult style for us to go against because he is a runner and a counter puncher. We will go to camp and we will make some changes, we will set traps for this guy. This is completely opposite of the Cotto fight, opposite of the Hatton fight, and opposite from the De La Hoya fight. We will come up with a new game plan, a 10 week camp, and some changes. We will work on setting traps and taking Floyd's speed away from him.

8CN - Many of Mayweather's detractors accuse of him cherry picking his opponents and fighting smaller guys. You are an ex fighter, and the best trainer in the world. How do you answer his critics?

FR- It's the best fighting the best right now. People can say what they want, but he's very good at what he does. He's not an exciting fighter, but he's good at what he does. Let's face it, he's never been beat. We are going to come up with a great game-plan, I know my guy can do it. We will get in shape and we will try to make it as exciting as possible. Floyd is not an offensive guy he's a very defensive fighter, but defense doesn't win fights, offense does. We will excel in those areas, and we can match his hand-speed. Mayweather is very clever, it's a challenge for both men.

8CN - Will you train in PI and in USA again?

FR - Yes one month in PI and one in Los Angeles. I have no problem with that.

8CN - And just to confirm, March 13th is the date?

FR - March 13th is the date, that's not going to change.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao has Signed!

theres already been reports of both signing as of last week , and the first one to agree to the terms was Floyd so your little comment is a bit ridiculous

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    theres already been reports of both signing as of last week , and the first one to agree to the terms was Floyd so your little comment is a bit ridiculous
    Read! the interview....

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    Read! the interview....
    yea i read it, and it's with Roach, when the fuck hasn't Roach taken the opportunity to bash Mayweather?!? Floyd looked awesome against Marquez and then Roach said he had a weak performance, the dude is full of shit

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Read! the interview....
    yea i read it, and it's with Roach, when the fuck hasn't Roach taken the opportunity to bash Mayweather?!? Floyd looked awesome against Marquez and then Roach said he had a weak performance, the dude is full of shit
    Yea, well Chris John beat Marquez too. So what! It's not Pacquiao.
    Who cares what names they call each other? Actions speak volumes more than words, this is the first report of a SIGNED contract. Saying it means nothing, signing it makes it official. It's not official until Mayweather puts his signature to it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, here is proof that once again Roach is talking shit.

Mayweather-Pacquiao: Texas KO'd; Vegas Leads To Host - Boxing News

The key part is:

Arum also denies online reports that Pacquiao has already signed a contract for the fight.

"I didn't even bring a contract. We just went over everything verbally and Manny gave his approval to the major points"

So once again Freddie Roach is lying out of his ass. Everyone's been going on about what the Mayweathers say, but this is about the 5th time he's said something false in the past week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets hope Maywether signs up a.s.a.p and that their both dont carry injuries to delay this truely awesome fight of 2010!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I Guess It Makes It Offical Cant Wait. Lets Go Money Mayweather

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Until this is signed,sealed,delivered,date set,venue set, hell even the money split. I am not gonna believe shit either camp says.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post

The key part is:

Arum also denies online reports that Pacquiao has already signed a contract for the fight.

"I didn't even bring a contract. We just went over everything verbally and Manny gave his approval to the major points"

So once again Freddie Roach is lying out of his ass. Everyone's been going on about what the Mayweathers say, but this is about the 5th time he's said something false in the past week.
    I would challenge you to prove one instance where Roach told a lie. On the other hand there are a number of instances where Arum has admitted to lying. One could speculate that Roach slipped up and gave details about the contract where he shouldn't have due to the gag agreement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Read! the interview....

Yeah, Roach did try to belittle PBF's performance. And nobody knows who officially signed with all these rumors out. But even if one has already signed its not like both fighters are going to sign the same day or even the same week. This is possibly the biggest fight in the history of boxing so each fighter better know for certain what they are agreeing to and what they are getting. There is time for each fighter to go over everything for all certainties.
    Last edited by blegit; 12-09-2009 at 08:43 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The key part is:

I would challenge you to prove one instance where Roach told a lie. On the other hand there are a number of instances where Arum has admitted to lying. One could speculate that Roach slipped up and gave details about the contract where he shouldn't have due to the gag agreement.
    when hasn't Roach lied is the better question, such as "a catchweight fight is the only way it'd be a "fair" fight against Cotto" yet they were willing to go up to 154 to fight Foreman

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The key part is:

There's one in that post

How about the 'Mayweather wants the fight at 154 & with 10oz gloves' thing, only for it to be announced that it was at 147 with 8oz gloves.

I know you treat his word as gospel, but just skim through boxingscene articles for the past fortnight related to the fight to see who's been saying what, only for it to be undermined when the actual facts come out.

I think Bob Arum is a piece of shit, but he'd miss no opportunity to try & show up Mayweather, if Floyd was making stupid demands. The fact he's not doing that says it all.

As for the bolded part, one COULD speculate that there is some gag order & Roach is accidentally slipping up & violating it, but that would be a breach of contract & would land him & Top Rank in serious shit. The more likely scenario is he's just saying whatever comes to his head to appear as if he's in the loop or to just stir up shit.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HArd to know in detail especially as there are many peoples involved, Arum, Mayweather, GoldenBoy, Roach, Pacman, but one thing's for sure: Roach is good to capt attention in order to save some steam for his boxers, it's an old trick that a corner often performs. It is quite possible he lies or take for granted things that seem close to be accepted in order to put pressure and to make peoples talk about it instead of talking to his boxer or skimming through some other things.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The key part is:

There's one in that post

How about the 'Mayweather wants the fight at 154 & with 10oz gloves' thing, only for it to be announced that it was at 147 with 8oz gloves.

I know you treat his word as gospel, but just skim through boxingscene articles for the past fortnight related to the fight to see who's been saying what, only for it to be undermined when the actual facts come out.

I think Bob Arum is a piece of shit, but he'd miss no opportunity to try & show up Mayweather, if Floyd was making stupid demands. The fact he's not doing that says it all.

As for the bolded part, one COULD speculate that there is some gag order & Roach is accidentally slipping up & violating it, but that would be a breach of contract & would land him & Top Rank in serious shit. The more likely scenario is he's just saying whatever comes to his head to appear as if he's in the loop or to just stir up shit.
    We don't have to speculate, according to Arum and Schaefer from the start of the negotiations that a confidentiality clause was in place.
    Richard Schaefer, Bob Arum won't comment on status of Mayweather-Pacquiao negotiations | Floyd Mayweather - - MLive.com

Thread Information