Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Lucian Bute Should Move Up And Fight Jean Pascal.

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Lucian Bute Should Move Up And Fight Jean Pascal.

I think Jean Pascal will beat Adrian Diaconu again, then this fight would surely be a big one ? especially in Canada, i've been quite impressed with Jean Pascal, i think he's improved since the Carl Froch fight, and he's looked at times like RJJ but obviously not as good.

This would be a cracking fight style wise, between two fast slickters. And i think this fight is a possibility because Lucian Bute, can't wait around until 2010 for a big fight, and who is there that he can fight at Super Middleweight at this moment ? Denis Inkin ?

Theres not many mouth watering names thats for sure, anyway whats your thoughts on this fight, i see this as a very close match up.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lucian Bute Should Move Up And Fight Jean Pascal.

It's not as simple as that.

1. He has to chuck away his IBF title and get the WBC to rank him at lightheavy. Fighters only chuck titles when they become bigger than them, (the title gives them a money guarantee) Bute isn't big enough for that yet.

2. The supermiddle division is packed at the moment. I'm sure some of the Super Six losers will make for good fights soon. Lightheavy has no-one but Chad Dawson, who is worth two bob moneywise, so where would he go after that?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    It's not as simple as that.

1. He has to chuck away his IBF title and get the WBC to rank him at lightheavy. Fighters only chuck titles when they become bigger than them, (the title gives them a money guarantee) Bute isn't big enough for that yet.

2. The supermiddle division is packed at the moment. I'm sure some of the Super Six losers will make for good fights soon. Lightheavy has no-one but Chad Dawson, who is worth two bob moneywise, so where would he go after that?
    agreed
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    I think Jean Pascal will beat Adrian Diaconu again, then this fight would surely be a big one ? especially in Canada, i've been quite impressed with Jean Pascal, i think he's improved since the Carl Froch fight, and he's looked at times like RJJ but obviously not as good.

This would be a cracking fight style wise, between two fast slickters. And i think this fight is a possibility because Lucian Bute, can't wait around until 2010 for a big fight, and who is there that he can fight at Super Middleweight at this moment ? Denis Inkin ?

Theres not many mouth watering names thats for sure, anyway whats your thoughts on this fight, i see this as a very close match up.
    he still has

Green
    Miranda
    can call out Pavlik or Sturm

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It would be extremely huge over here but I think that there is more interesting for these two along the way in the short and middle range time. Perhaps in 2 years or something but for the moment, they have both quite juicy stuff lying ahead for both.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pavlik and Hopkins are both bigger money fights than Pascal and Kessler at 168 would be a big opponent were he to lose against Froch and be knocked out of the tournament.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It would be like a move from Welter (good money) to Light Middle (lucky to get beer money)

Super Middle has got the benefit of a strong core, plus the names from Middleweight to move up. A Pascal fight IMO would be pointless for Bute right now, the money would be ok, but I don't think Pascal would bring any new fans that wouldn't be there for Bute anyway.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

Lucian Bute should stay right where he is. There are studs at 168 and Bute is feeling his oats at super middle. 175 is an unknown quantity and nobody other than Chad Dawson is there (and I suppose Jean Pascal).

ICB Guest

Its probably a fight that doesn't make sense money wise, but its a fight i would personally love to see. Jean Pascal has been impressive of late, and has looked like RJJ style wise but obviously not as good, he's really been growing on me of late, and i've been a fan of Lucian Bute for atleast a good 2 years or so.

So its a great fight to me especially style wise, and it would be huge in Canada. People are talking Lucian Bute having big names at 168, but how long is he going to have to wait ? he can't sit around all year waiting around for the loser of The Super Six.
    Last edited by ICB; 12-10-2009 at 05:30 PM.

Thread Information