Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default David Lemieux

Should fire his handlers. The guy has been bumfed his whole career! I have always liked Lemieux but I mean it was time for him to step up like in his 6th fight. He's really only had a couple pro fights as most of his bouts are just exhibitions of him beating guys who don't belong in the same ring as him. I have no problem with guys not stepping up to fast but this is ridiculous, how long is it going to take managers to realize that this really just isn't the way to bring up a fighter.

People bitched and moaned for a very long time about the lack of stepping up or good competition for Andre Ward and the Petersons had yet those guys came up the right way and never had an easy night in the ring. At least their opponents had been scouted to where they know he would test them in a certain area, it's kind of sad to see a young kid with all the talent of Lemieux essentially waste it in the ring with guys he just has no meaningful competition.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Lemieux

I been watching Lexieux since he turned pro. I like what I see in him. But your right. It's been time he step up his comp level.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The kid has talent and they don't want to burn him yet as he's still very young and doesn't have a huge amateur background. They are trying to make him with lasting opponents that wouldn't ruin his career as he didn,t go past a few rounds yet, they want to see how good is he on 8-12 rounds but he seems to always find a way to destroy his opponents before. For example, his last opponent was considered durable and he was supposed to last a couple of rounds. Unfortunately, it didn't happen. The hard thing with the kid is to test him for the last rounds without shooting him too early like Boom Boom Bautista for example. Raines, his last opponent went all 12 rounds against Tarvis Simms and only got knocked out 2 times in his career, the guy can bang and is normally durable.

As it seems that a few of you seem to be interesting in our young french canadian prospect, I would like to have your opinion: If you could pit him against any boxer, considering he hasn't yet been able to fight more than 5 rounds, who would be a good challenge for him without putting his young career too much at risk?
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    The kid has talent and they don't want to burn him yet as he's still very young and doesn't have a huge amateur background. They are trying to make him with lasting opponents that wouldn't ruin his career as he didn,t go past a few rounds yet, they want to see how good is he on 8-12 rounds but he seems to always find a way to destroy his opponents before. For example, his last opponent was considered durable and he was supposed to last a couple of rounds. Unfortunately, it didn't happen. The hard thing with the kid is to test him for the last rounds without shooting him too early like Boom Boom Bautista for example. Raines, his last opponent went all 12 rounds against Tarvis Simms and only got knocked out 2 times in his career, the guy can bang and is normally durable.

As it seems that a few of you seem to be interesting in our young french canadian prospect, I would like to have your opinion: If you could pit him against any boxer, considering he hasn't yet been able to fight more than 5 rounds, who would be a good challenge for him without putting his young career too much at risk?
    Cosme Rivera or Sebastian Lujan, tough durable guys, but far from being A listers, and both are naturally smaller

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Del Ray is promoted by Stacy Goodson and has made his career fighting on the same cards as Kid Thunder. He might not be completely bad but for a banger it's an obvious mismatch. Who are these guys you are talking about that they think will go rounds? Thomas Davis? Donnie McCrary? Davis was a marginal talent at 140 lbs at 168lbs I don't think they thought he would be any sort of a test. Hernandez gave him a few rounds but obviously wasn't in the same league.

When Andre Ward fought guys like Derrick Findley, Julio Jean, Darnell Boone, Jerson Ravelo etc, those were all guys who had a ton of tenacity and went into their fights thinking they would win. When Peterson fought Martez Logan, Humberto Toledo, Rogelio Castaneda, it was the same thing, all those guys at least challenged Peterson and forced him to be competitive.

This just isn't formative for Lemieux AT ALL and it's been proven time and time again that if this is the way you choose to bring up a fighter, watch him blowout every guy he's in the ring wish so people worship the ground he walks on, then he faces a challenge and an opponent who is coming with a plan to win, and they fold. Isn't that what happened to Tyrone Brunson a couple weeks ago? He's a guy with obvious talent who didn't know wtf to do when he was hurt, probably because no guy he has been in the ring with in his pro fights have even had the capability to hurt him.
    Last edited by amat; 12-12-2009 at 06:25 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As far as who he can face, well that's a job for the match makers but there are plenty of guys out there that can bridge the gap from prospect to contender. Fuck fight Matt Vanda, why not? I mean Vanda is nothing special but would provide a really good test. Someone along those grounds is better then DelRay Raines, please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Matt Vandais an interesting choice but he seems to like the Super Middleweight division.

Now that he have the WBC youth intercontinental belt, I think his next fight will be a decent one. I would prefer if he take an American like Billy Lyell but I doubt they will accept to risk a fight again Lemieux. So I think the french Francois Bastient or the British Wayne Elcock would make an interesting match-up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Matt Vanda could be a good opponent. (Lemieux coach told to a montreal radio station that they would love to fight Duddy by the end of 2010). Local matchups are also possible : Walid Smichet, Sebastien Demers, Alcine, etc...Lemieux is only 20 years old and in my opinion, they are doing exactly what they need to do to get him to the top. And by the way, i think that Lemieux would k.o Julio C.Chavez Jr..

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Rocket View Post

I think Matt Vanda could be a good opponent. (Lemieux coach told to a montreal radio station that they would love to fight Duddy by the end of 2010). Local matchups are also possible : Walid Smichet, Sebastien Demers, Alcine, etc...Lemieux is only 20 years old and in my opinion, they are doing exactly what they need to do to get him to the top. And by the way, i think that Lemieux would k.o Julio C.Chavez Jr..
    Yeah I think they did the proper thing by padding him with a mix of everything till he has seen enough different things to bang some higher prospects. I always have Bautista's case in mind where they did shot him too early and Lemieux being only 20 is quite good for the record he has now. I understand peoples who want him to go right now to bigger things but I think it's clever, especially that some of his opponents weren't that bad, I do not mean excellent but still, not as bad as what some might pretend. Some of them did last longer against some major opponents than Lemieux and nobody did expect him to flattens them down so early. Duddy would be an excellent fight for his visibility in the US and a good payday too, if they can make it, sure, go ahead!
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lemieux's next opponent have just been announced. It's gonna be Jason Naugler...

Lame!!

Thread Information