Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: .oO~CutMeMicks Ringside/Balcony EXCLUSIVE of Bradley-Peterson card~Oo. (Pics)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default .oO~CutMeMicks Ringside/Balcony EXCLUSIVE of Bradley-Peterson card~Oo. (Pics)

What's up fellas...
    Well as some of you know I ended up at the Bradley-Peterson card last night.

So it's Sat. about mid-day and I was watching the Barca (footy/soccer) game (Which by the way they won a given pen but that's another story)

Alright so I'm eating Doritos with lemon and Tapatio and my cell phone rings. I look at my phone and it says "Candy Man" so I pick up the phone cause it's my good friend Gilbert aka. Candy Man who works out of the Wild Card Gym and as soon we said our hello's he tells me I have an extra ticket for tonights fights Bradley vs. Peterson you want to go?
    Without skipping a beat I tell 'em fuck yeah you don't have to ask me twice. FREE tickets to 2 World title fights I'm allover that like 2 whores on dick.

Made a few calls to sort some things out and I started getting ready, cause I had exactly an hour to be ready. The drive was about 1 hour 30 min or so but it's been raining out here in LA it would have tooken us about 1 hour on the norm.

So we get there and the tickets are at will call we pick them up and look at our tickets Balcony Section 405 Row D Seat 9 & 10...
    I tell looks like we're gonna be feeding the pigeons on top of the roof.
    We laugh and walk in we decide to try and see if we could somehow see someone he knows possibly Freddie Roach so they could get us to ringside. We failed misserably at our 1st attemp. So we decide to go look for our seats we found them and enjoyed the 1st few undercard bouts.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: .oO~CutMeMicks Ringside/Balcony EXCLUSIVE of Bradley-Peterson card~Oo. (Pics)

One of the undercards last night was IMO a cool thing to see.
    I got to see the nephew of the late great Salvador Sanchez, who goes by the name of Salvador Sanchez II. He fought against Rodrigo Aranda.

WTF? Are my eyes deceiving me is that Salvador Sanchez? Well it is Salvador Sanchez except this is the nephew and is Sal II. The kids a mirror image of his uncle. It was really weird seeing this.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: .oO~CutMeMicks Ringside/Balcony EXCLUSIVE of Bradley-Peterson card~Oo. (Pics)

More action shots from Sanchez II vs. Aranda...

Sanchez is worker like his uncle, he puts punches together and keeps coming forward. I can't say he does anything else like his uncle. Maybe the kid is still developing? Who knows only time will tell.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another shot of Sanchez vs. Aranda.

Sanchez needs to work on sitting on his punches and putting more into them. He needs to commit to what he throws. He moves well and has the right ideas it's just a matter of getting that fire in 'em...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And here's what he looks like...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alright so this fight finishes and we're like let's go try our luck again and see if we can get past security.

We go back down and no luck. So we buy some drinks and hang out while the next bout starts. Have some drinks hang out by the bar and just talk.

Then we hear Jimmy Lennon start talking so we run back upstairs. Excuse me we run back up 4 flights of stairs

And Darchinyan-Rojas get's underway. I experimented uploading a video to youtube using my MyTouchPhone I have I hadn't tried that before so I decided to give it a go.

Here's the result.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHXARRBMs8Q

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Vic-Rojas get's underway...

Crowds sheering and ALL of Glendale, CA is there (For those that don't know Glendale is primarly populated by Armenians)
    I thought Rojas started of good. Because he was boxing and moving so I figured he's gonna try and box Vic but I think once he he felt Vics shots he decided to try and trade shots. We know what happened.

Here are some shots of that fight.

Rojas here throwing a jab which I thought was the right plan. I figured Rojas would be able to jab and box his way somewhere to the mid rounds at least.

Vic looking for openings to try and land his "crab" style shots...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They traded some good shots...
    Action shots.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As I said earlier I thought Rojas started off well until he decided to be cocky.

Rojas invites Vic to fight and throw a shot. Vic answers his calling with this shot.

Which ended like this... I've fallen and I can't get up.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alright, so here's where the adventure to ringside begins.

So right before the main event starts Jimmy Lennon starts announcing the boxers/trainers that are ringside.

Alfredo Angulo, Antonio DeMarco, Antonio Tarver, Freddie Roach, Alex Ramos, Ulises Solis and Danny Green.

So I tell my friend I'm gonna go down to get another drink. He tells me I'll wait for you here. I was like ok so I go to the bar and order my drink but I needed to pee so I tell the guy can I leave my drink here I'll be back for it.

I come back from the restroom and who's standing there buying drinks?
    Danny Green. He bought 4 drinks and couldn't carry them I asked do you need help with that? He answers yeah sure. So I know he's sitting ringside BUT there's a problem I'm not and I don't have passes to get in but I figure I have Danny Greens drinks. So we're walking down the tunnel Danny just flys through and the security stops me. He's like wheres your ticket? I tell 'em I'm just helping Danny Green with his drink. He tells me who? I said him these drinks are his. By this time Danny got his drinks and sat down.

Then suddenly lights start flashing right above me I look back to the tunnel and Lamont with the Showtime cameras are standing there. The security guy tells me well now your stuck here stand there and don't move. I said OK I'll be right here. So Lamont comes out I snap some pics then lights flash again and Bradley starts walking out by the time Bradley walked out I look around ALL security was gone including the security who stopped me. So I walk up to Danny and ask to take a pic.

Here's the shot.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's one of the shots from when I was standing right next to the walk out tunnel.

Bradley ringwalk... Danny Green there in the brown jacket to the left. You can also see Freddie Roach in the green shirt walking up the stairs to the right.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So I take the pic with Danny and I said to myself OK, I need to walk around like I know where my seat is and I also need to be careful I don't get caught. So I start walking around looking for a seat then suddenly I see my friend walking on the other side. We meet at a certain point look to the side and notice 2 empty seats there we act cool and just slide right in.
    So now that we found our seats we're ready for the fight.

Gotta say not sure how it was on tv but like it was a helluva fight. Both guys just fought well and gave it their all.

Some shots from my newly aquired ringside seats...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

More shots of the fight...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both Lamont & Bradley just let their hands go as the fight ended. Bradley ahead didn't have to but he didn't care he went for it.

And the crowd erupts as the fight ends...

Bradleys corner quickly raises him in the air...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight ends and we stood there for a bit talking about the fight with Doug Fischer and Steve Kim chatted with Al Berstein.

We walk around ringside and there I saw Alfredo Angulo.
    Took a quick pic with him wished him well and asked about his next fight.
    He said he still wasn't sure but he's always training he said.

Thread Information