Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: So which fighters in this list will be in the top 10 p4p next Christmas

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P4P Prediction Thread

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default P4P Prediction Thread

Ok just for fun, let's make a prediction on which fighters we think will be in the top 10 p4p this time next year. I will concentrate mostly on up and coming fighters, so it's a prediction of who will really break through.

All votes will be visable and you can vote for as many fighters as you want so we should get a decent average.

These are just a few fighters off the top of my head and obviously 10 is the poll limit so not everyone can be included. But we will do our best.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: P4P Prediction Thread

Ok I've started. I chose three off the list.

First off, I go with Andre Ward. I really think he will win the whole Super Six and if so by next year he will be adding Jermain Taylor (if he fights), Andre Dirrell and hopefully either Froch or Abraham by the end of the year.

Actually he is scheduled to fight Taylor and Dirrell and that may not be enough to get him in unless Dirrell beats Abraham, but I think he will be very close.

Edwin Valero is maybe a hope more than a prediction. I just want him to be sensational, another Pacquaio type destruction of the higher weight classes. If he can stop De Marco and then get a fight with Funeka and win that we could be seeing him get close to the honours.

Finally I went with Tim Bradley. In some ways he think he the most likely to get there as he's almost there already. Another big win and he might well be knocking on the door.

Anyway they are my picks to be the most likely to break through.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I voted Martinez, Lopez, and Ward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bradley's the sure bet imo. i think he's peaking right now and he already has some very good wins.

already a better fighter than p.williams.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ok ive gone with Juanma, Gamboa and Valero, three of my favorite fighters, A Juanma-Gamboa fight might spoil it for the other but it would be worth it to see these two go at it!

quick question: how can u see who voted for who after you vote?
    on mine once u vote u just see the numbers not the names

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    ok ive gone with Juanma, Gamboa and Valero, three of my favorite fighters, A Juanma-Gamboa fight might spoil it for the other but it would be worth it to see these two go at it!

hmm that's odd hopefully a mod will explain. I can see the numbers and names, can everyone else?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

hmm that's odd hopefully a mod will explain. I can see the numbers and names, can everyone else?
    not the names of who voted for whom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I went with Bradly- Doniare and Ward....

Donaire just needs another big win to put him back on the list...Ward assuming he does not fizzle out after the biggest win of his career and Bradly because after last saturdays performance there is nothing showing this kid is not headed that was soon...

I figure one of the 3 will pan out

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post

Donaire just needs another big win to put him back on the list...Ward assuming he does not fizzle out after the biggest win of his career and Bradly because after last saturdays performance there is nothing showing this kid is not headed that was soon...

Actually Donaire is still in the Ring's list at 6. As long as Vic Darchinyan keeps winning Nonito will probably able to take another year off and move up a couple more places...

Have you seen his current schedule joke fight? He's fighting Gerson Guerrero 34-8 who in his only previous title attempt was blasted out in 2 by Ponce De Leon.

Donaire despite being world champ for two and half years has still only faced one titlist past or present in his entire career, Vic Darchinyan. It's actually a staggering record, I mean Tim Bradley has already fought 3 world champs, Amir Khan has fought 3, Paul Williams has fought 5 I believe.

Donaire has fought 1, ONE fucking world champ fighter in his entire career. It's a joke that he's rated so high. At least Bute has fought 2.
    Last edited by Kev; 12-14-2009 at 08:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually Donaire is still in the Ring's list at 6. As long as Vic Darchinyan keeps winning Nonito will probably able to take another year off and move up a couple more places...

Have you seen his current schedule joke fight? He's fighting Gerson Guerrero 34-8 who in his only previous title attempt was blasted out in 2 by Ponce De Leon.

Donaire despite being world champ for two and half years has still only faced one titlist past or present in his entire career, Vic Darchinyan. It's actually a staggering record, I mean Tim Bradley has already fought 3 world champs, Amir Khan has fought 3, Paul Williams has fought 5 I believe.

Donaire has fought 1, ONE fucking world champ fighter in his entire career. It's a joke that he's rated so high. At least Bute has fought 2.
    I agree, since Donaire beat Vic he has fought:
    Louis Maldonado
    Moturi Mthalane
    Raul MArtinez
    Rafeal Concepcion, hardly household names and none champions.

Vic has fought
    Federico Catubay
    Z Gorres: World class performer and championship challenger
    Dmitry Kirilov IBF superflyweight champ
    Christian Mijares WBC superflyweight champ and P4P ranked
    Jorge Arce Multiweight world champ
    Joseph Agbeko IBF bantamweight world champ.
    Tomas Rojas

Now it seems strange to me that Vic lossed his title yet still was able to find great matchups like these. If anything shouldnt it have been easier for Nonito? There is a lot of hate for Vic on here but u cannot deny he likes to challenge the best win or lose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I must admit I don't follow Ring too much probably missed the last 2 issues so had no idea Doniare was still in the rankings...

I agree about Donairs level of comp his last few outings I really thought we would see him explode into fights with the biggest names available around his weight classes...

Though not to make excuses his promotion problems really make it hard to sign anything...We will have to see what happens with him I guess...I hope he doesn't turn out to be a flash in the pan...(No pun intended towards his nick name)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can you now?
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

ICB Guest

Tim Bradley = He's real close to the top 10 P4P rankings already, i could easily see him getting two more wins in 2009, to get him there aswell

Juan Manuel Lopez = Again like Timothy Bradley he's real close to the top 10 P4P rankings already, he just needs one more big win and he's there.

Andre Ward = I for certain think he has a chance, he's already beaten the best Super Middleweight, and if he wins the Super Six he will for certain be in the top 10 P4P rankings.

ICB Guest

Ok I've started. I chose three off the list.

First off, I go with Andre Ward. I really think he will win the whole Super Six and if so by next year he will be adding Jermain Taylor (if he fights), Andre Dirrell and hopefully either Froch or Abraham by the end of the year.

Actually he is scheduled to fight Taylor and Dirrell and that may not be enough to get him in unless Dirrell beats Abraham, but I think he will be very close.

Edwin Valero is maybe a hope more than a prediction. I just want him to be sensational, another Pacquaio type destruction of the higher weight classes. If he can stop De Marco and then get a fight with Funeka and win that we could be seeing him get close to the honours.

Finally I went with Tim Bradley. In some ways he think he the most likely to get there as he's almost there already. Another big win and he might well be knocking on the door.

Anyway they are my picks to be the most likely to break through.
    Edwin Valero can only fight in Texas in the USA can't he ? so its gonna be tough for him to make the top 10 P4P, but i hope he does. He's very much like the young raw Manny Pacquiao, if he shows the skills he did in sparring a few years ago, and not rely just on his power, he could very well be one of the best Lightweights and a leading contender for the top 10 P4P.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post

Can you now?
    nah man, if i hit view results before i vote, it shows me who everyone voted for, but after i vote i just see the normal private vote, can't tell who voted for anyone well I can see no one thinks much of Khan or Frochs chances next year

Thread Information