Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default US Agent goes rogue (maybe) & orchestrates terror attack

I'm amazed nobody has pulled up this stuff about the Mumbai Terror Attacks that's come out this past week.

For those who don't know what the news is, last year 10 gunmen laid waste to Bombay's hotels & rail station with machine guns. After a siege that lasted days 166 civilians and police were dead, as well as nine of the gunmen.

Most of the subsequent arrests have focused on Lakshar-e-Taiba, a terrorist group in Pakistan, however 2 months ago a US citizen, David Headley was arrested as the man who planned the whole thing. There are now reports he may have been a CIA asset & that the US intelligence services didn't share what they knew with those in Indian intelligence, which might have prevented the attacks or at least lowered the loss of life.

Anyway, here's an article about Headley's arrest & his dealings with the US security forces, it explains better than I can.

Mumbai terror suspect David Headley was ‘rogue US secret agent’ - Times Online

In another twist on the whole incident, the only gunman to have survived, Mohamed Ajmal Kasab, has changed his story having first admitted his guilt & is now claiming that the police framed him & he was only in Mumbai to break into the Bollywood film industry. He's claiming that the photos of him charging around with a gun are in fact a 'doppelganger'. He's also claiming that Headley was one of four 'white men' who came to interrogate him. All I can say to all of that is

Anyway all that & more about how Headley apparently lived a lavish lifestyle whilst scoping targets in Mumbai is in here

Mumbai terror attack suspect withdraws confession | World news | guardian.co.uk

So, the only question that remains is... would Lyle feel India was justified in attacking the US in response? (just joking Lyle, no need to go off on one)

But, anyway I think this really does show something truly shocking about what was a horrifying terrorist attack.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: US Agent goes rogue (maybe) & orchestrates terror attack

He came to the attention of the US security services in 1997 when he was arrested in New York for heroin smuggling. He earned a reduced sentence by working for the US Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) infiltrating Pakistan-linked narcotics gangs.

That gets you thinking: But the Cia is distancing itself from him and claims no links to him.'

I bet he played both sides for his own gains $ and never held any real position in either.

One things for sure, male Pakistani Muslims working for the west have to be looked at a lot closer these days.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched a documentary on this sometime last year. It showed video footage as well as intercepted radio dialogue between the terrorists and those guiding them, urging them on to kill. At times they were reluctant to kill the people in the hotel but these lunatics, safe miles away were encouraging them on.

On couple had a narrow escape, they lived because he started to say an islamic prayer for someone who had been killed. Thinking he was a 'brother' they let him live.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    He came to the attention of the US security services in 1997 when he was arrested in New York for heroin smuggling. He earned a reduced sentence by working for the US Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) infiltrating Pakistan-linked narcotics gangs.

That gets you thinking: But the Cia is distancing itself from him and claims no links to him.'

I bet he played both sides for his own gains $ and never held any real position in either.

One things for sure, male Pakistani Muslims working for the west have to be looked at a lot closer these days.
    Of course they are. They're never going to admit they had knowledge of a possible terror attack & ignored it to protect their own interests, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they did.

I don't think he held any position in the CIA, but it seems clear he did become an asset working for them & he very likely seems to be of been one of those bastards encouraging the gunmen on when they had second thoughts as Missy says.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post

Of course they are. They're never going to admit they had knowledge of a possible terror attack & ignored it to protect their own interests, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they did.

I don't think he held any position in the CIA, but it seems clear he did become an asset working for them & he very likely seems to be of been one of those bastards encouraging the gunmen on when they had second thoughts as Missy says.
    The CIA has been caught hands in the jar so many times over the years, the operation Mongoose, Salvator Allende's push to General Augusto Pinochet, attempt to reverse Chavez in Venezuela a few years back, they even got in the 80th with false agriculture offices they opened in order to get some extra subventions. These are not genuinely good guys even if they occasionally dress in white.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Thread Information