Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tyson v Holyfield 3 - "King in talks with Tyson"

I know it seems crazy but i'd love to see this

Does Mike Tyson want to come back? He is currently being wooed by Don King to return to the ring, and why not? King made a bundle off of Iron Mike, and Mike, on paper, made a bundle with King. The magic is there. King knew how to promote Tyson. When he returned to the ring after being incarcerated to face the no chance Peter McNeeley, King sold the fight and it received record buy rates. Bob Arum, long time rival of King, noted that the promotion was “genius.”

Ringside Report "The Heart Of Boxing"

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson v Holyfield 3 - "King in talks with Tyson"

This is a fight I really have no interest in seeing. Tyson has shown no inclination of wanting to come back since McBride and has since become a mountain of a man. It's never going to happen. There's been rumours of this on and off for a few years now, I'd imagine this will slide like all the others.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah he'd need to lose at least 5 stone maybe more.

Still would watch it...we all would and we know it

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The sad thing about the Heavies is that these two are still the biggest names in the Division.

They'd sell more PPV than any other 2 fighters.

Haye and the Klits simply haven't got the fan base and these two are known world wide.

Money talks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If anyone could pull him out of retirement it would be Don King. He holds the promotional rights for Tyson Holy 3 and thats why the fight never came off when Tyson was still active towards the end of his career.
    King yanked Larry Holmes off the road of his touring band to get him to fight Tyson on three months notice, so Im sure King could get Tyson to comeback if he offers him enough cash.
    Its like saying you wouldnt tune in to see Roy Jones fight Bernard Hopkins. Cmon, everyone would. They're both old and both legends, so anything could happen, but as someone said, Tyson doesnt seem to have any interest in fighting so if he shows up to act as a punching bag for Holyfield that would be sad.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw the mug shot from the photgrapher he hit and he isnt as out of sape as he looks, hes only about a stone heavier than his last fight, it said he was 240 somethig pounds, it also said he was 5,9"

Edit, for anyone who didnt realise, I mean6 the actual police photo of Mike taken at the station after being arrested for the LAX photographer incident a few weeks ago, the police weighed him at 240 something and had him as 5,9"

I dont think it would take much to get him fit to fight, hes always trained well and lost weight quick, when motivated. He just wouldnt want to put the effort in now, he hasnt for years. hed need a fuucking good reason now, more than money.
    Last edited by ross; 12-21-2009 at 03:59 PM.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No chance, no way, impossible, will never ever happen.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With 3 dinosaurs like that, How would they call this card? Jurassic Park 4 ?
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would and I wouldn't want to see this fight. In order for it to look anything like a competitive fight Mike would have to come off his meds. Mike seems like he's a very nice guy now and I think he's afraid of going back to what he was without the meds. I think he was on them for his fight with Lewis and was only able to mount enough aggression for one round and just got battered the rest of the fight. Only one person knew how to keep Mike in line and he's loooooong gone.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As far as I know, Mike isnt on any meds, he was being followed by people from the detox centre everyday when he came out but I dont know if he still is.

Mikes behaviour isnt as much from any substaces as it is the idiots that still follow him, hes the same as any bloke, surround him with a bunch of little wankers and he will play up to the crowd.

Mike is bored, he needs something to occupy his time, if he wants to fight Holyfield, let him, hell earn millions, hell have probably a reality tv programme about the build up, maybe even a reunion with Rooney and Lott, that would be a huge attention grabber and then after a few months a massive event, whether or not he wins, he will earn millions, if thats what he needs so be it.

Even though Holyfield has been quite busy over the last few years a fight between the two could still be entertaining for at least a couple of rounds and thats more that you can say about some recent heavy fights.

Edit, scrap the reunion with Rooney and Lott, if Kings involved he wont have anyone who could get Mikes attention and who may have his best interests at heart talk to him, King is clutching at straws now he has no decent heavies
    Last edited by ross; 12-21-2009 at 05:11 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tipical Don King.

Looking after him self as usual.

If King wanted to help Tyson I am sure he could find him a job or somthing.

King is just a blood sucking parasite.
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    As far as I know, Mike isnt on any meds, he was being followed by people from the detox centre everyday when he came out but I dont know if he still is.

Mikes behaviour isnt as much from any substaces as it is the idiots that still follow him, hes the same as any bloke, surround him with a bunch of little wankers and he will play up to the crowd.

Mike is bored, he needs something to occupy his time, if he wants to fight Holyfield, let him, hell earn millions, hell have probably a reality tv programme about the build up, maybe even a reunion with Rooney and Lott, that would be a huge attention grabber and then after a few months a massive event, whether or not he wins, he will earn millions, if thats what he needs so be it.

Even though Holyfield has been quite busy over the last few years a fight between the two could still be entertaining for at least a couple of rounds and thats more that you can say about some recent heavy fights.
    I believe Mike is. I heard somewhere that he had to come off them in training camp to test clean. Mike is a very angry guy, I think he's bi-polar or something like that. When he fought Lennox he was so... not there. I think he stayed on his medication somehow considering how calm he was after the fight and especially during the post-fight interview when he was holding his newborn daughter.

Regardless, in order for Mike to truly come back, he needs to tap into that aggression that made him a monster to be around. Mike was a really good fighter when he was at his peak, but an awful human being.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

Kings not stupid. That would be the best angle to sell Tyson. Dig up Rooney and reunite the two and people would tune in. King wouldnt have to worry about Rooney persuading Tyson to do anything like he was in the past so it would be an excellent sales pitch to use Rooney in the equation not to mention hes a pretty good trainer.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mike is not an animal that needs supresants

King as Finkel didnt, wont let anyone with Mikes best interests and health at heart anywhere near him

My sig comes from a home video filmed by Steve Lott, I speak to him a bit and hes told me that he still sends mail and trys phoning but everything gets blocked by Mikes helpers and that deep down Mike is embarassed about the way hes treated them, going from someone who had such a brilliant team that he had his own video game, he was advertising coke a cola, was a spokes person for the FBI and New york police department to someone who is rubbed up the wrong way in an airport by a pap for a cheap story.

Steve also told me a few months before Mike fought Lewis that he visited or tried viiting Kevin and Steve but neither were around, Steve found out and managed to get hold of Mike, they met up at a hotel and Steve spoke with mike about rejoining Kevin and doing a comeback tour colminating in a title challenege, Mike was very interested but as soon as he got back with a bloke called Daryll "Rolls Royce" someone and his other leaches, including Finkel, he never heard from him again.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fossils should be in a museum, not on the ring.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Thread Information