Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default 3 of Mexicos promising stars...

A video of 3 of Mexicos promising stars...

Saul "El Canelo" Alvarez, Giovanni "El Guerrero Azteca" Segura and Juan "Goofy" Montes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59PR4ZSPpf8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 3 of Mexicos promising stars...

No love for Abner Mares?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

those are 3 great stars but let's not forget that mexico's future looks very bright with many young budding stars who will blossom with more experience. for the record, i am a huge mexican boxing fan and have made up my own person database of many of mexico's/mexican-american promising boxers. anyways, here are my own personal favorites:

- jr. flyweight - adrian hernandez, 16-1-1 11 KO's...biggest win to date is a 4th round thrashing of current wbc jr. flyweight champion, rodel mayol.
    - flyweight - hernan marquez, 27-0 20 KO's,...this little guy has dynamite in his fists and should challenge for a world title this year.
    - super flyweight - juan jose "goofy" montes, 16-1 11 KO's. great prospect with a bright future.
    - super flyweight - david de la mora - 19-0 13 KO's. tall, rangy 19 yo. with very good power and great boxing skills.
    - bantamweight - abner mares, 19-0 12 KO's, should challenge for a title this year. sure fire future world champion.
    - bantamweight - chris avalos, 14-0 11 KO's, devastating puncher. can end fight with either hand with one punch. one of my favs.
    - bantamweight - carlos cuadras, 13-0 12 KO's, former top mexican amateur. undefeated as pro with immense potential. power in both hands.
    - bantamweight - andres gutierrez, 8-0 6 KO's, 16 yo. knockout sensation with a great future.
    - super bantam - robert marroquin, 11-0 8 KO's, already a big star in the dallas, TX area. tall, rangy, great power with fantastic skills. one of my favs.
    - super bantam - antonio escalante, 22-2 14 KO's, devastating body puncher who should be fighting for world title in 2010. want to see him and marvin sonsona getting it on. escalante will murder this guy.
    - super bantam - joksan hernandez, 17-1 10 KO's, only loss was a hard fought decision loss to bernabe conception three years ago. undefeated since then with much improvement.
    - featherweight - juan carlos burgos, 23-0 16 KO's, tall rangy power puncher who should be ready for the big time in 2010/11.
    - featherweight - victor terrazas, 25-1-1 13 KO's, great technically sound prospect with superstar written all over him.
    - featherweight - miguel angel garcia, 18-0 15 KO's, another one of my favs. out of la colonia boxing club in oxnard, ca. older brother was former jr. lightweight champion. this kid is an absolute lock to win a title.
    - featherweight - miguel beltran jr., 22-0 15 KO's, this 20 yo. boxer/puncher just won the CampeonAzteca Featherweight championship. will be fighting for a title this year against Elio Rojas. this youngster's got it all, fast hands, combinations, power, etc...right now he's one of my five favorite prospects.
    - super feather - alejandro sanabria, 23-0-1 18 KO's, 19 yo. managed by erik morales, with alot of power. tall and rangy.
    - lightweight - antonio de marco, 23-1-1 17 KO's, 20 yo. is another one of my favorites. fights edwin valero for title in february. on paper this looks like mismatch but i think he's got a hell of a shot. tall, rangy and with alot of heart.
    - lightweight - daniel estrada, 21-1 17 KO's, tall and rangy like de marco. another one of my favs. future champion.
    - lightweight - urbano antillon, 26-1 19 KO's, lost last fight for interim world title but still a top prospect and future champion.
    - lightweight - antonio lozada jr., 21-0 18 KO's, 18 yo. with immense power. tall and rangy. another one of mexico's great prospects.
    - lightweight - brandon rios, 23-0-1 17 KO's, another la colonia fighter from oxnard, ca. massive power with a huge heart.
    - lightweight - luis ramos, 13-0 7 KO's, youngster fights like a seasoned vet. one of my favorites. sure fire future champion.
    - jr. welter - omar chavez, 19-0-1 14 KO's, julito's kid brother who is much better. this kid is getting better every fight and can punch.
    - jr. welter - victor ortiz, 25-2-1 20 KO's, still a top prospect with a great future. sure lock future champion. also out of la colonia boxing gym.
    - welterwt - saul alvarez, 30-0-1 22 KO's. probably mexico's most popular top prospect sans julito chavez jr. this kid has it all and is one of my favs. future superstar.
    - welterwt - james de la rosa, 20-0 12 KO's, great prospect with speed and power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

there are literally more than 100 top prospects from mexico/mexican-american. anyone who thinks mexican boxing is dead or going downhill will have a rude awakening in a couple of years. when these prospects start fighting for world titles there is going to be the biggest mexican world title explosion ever.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For the record I DID NOT make that video...

And I agree, there are a lot of top prospects in Mexico BUT let's also be realistic there are virtually a lot of top prospects in the other countries as well. Not all are gonna make it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

these aren't just run of the mill prospects. these are top prospects who are already scheduled to fight for title fights/eliminators. and aside from the u.s., tell me what country has as many top prospects as these?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by milmascaras1 View Post
    these aren't just run of the mill prospects. these are top prospects who are already scheduled to fight for title fights/eliminators. and aside from the u.s., tell me what country has as many top prospects as these?
    I agree Mexico has the most prospects around. I like a lot of them you have listed. But some I don't. And some ain't even prospects any more. And some ain't even Mexican. Robert Marroquin, Chris Avalos, Luis Ramos, Victor Ortiz, Miguel Angel Garcia and Brandon Rios are all US born. While there from Mexican nationality there not considered Mexican prospects. There US prospects.

The ones I expect big things from are Abner Mare, Saul Alvarez and James de la Rosa.

Juan Carlos Burgos, Miguel Beltran, Omar Chavez and Urbano Antillon will be solid and maybe title holders

Victor Terrazas (superstar all over him?), Adrian Hernandez and Alejandro Sanabria I'm not big on at all. Hernan Marquez I also think needs more work before he tries for a title.

Carlos Cuadras and Antonio Lozada Jr need to step up there comp level. They've been in much to soft. Andres Gutierrez looks good so far

My favorite of the prospects is clearly Alonso Lopez. Son of the great Ricardo Lopez. He's only fought twice but his fathers influence is clearly evident.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

violent,

i wrote that i was going to add mexican and mexican-american. just because they were not born in the same countries, mexican blood is still running through their veins. as a mexican-american, i am a big fan of both sides. you don't think victor terrazas, adrian hernandez, alejandro sanabria and hernan marquez have the potential to be champions some day? i sure do. like i said, adrian hernandez destroyed rodel mayol last year. fighters on the u.s. side are equally as good. i especially am high on chris avalos. this guy is special. victor ortiz will be a good champion someday. robert marroquin is a budding star waiting to happen. luis ramos, miguel angel garcia and brandon rios are also oozing with talent. and yeah, alfonso lopez seems to be a very good prospect but right now it is very early. his fathers genes won't hurt him though.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by milmascaras1 View Post
    violent,

i wrote that i was going to add mexican and mexican-american. just because they were not born in the same countries, mexican blood is still running through their veins. as a mexican-american, i am a big fan of both sides. you don't think victor terrazas, adrian hernandez, alejandro sanabria and hernan marquez have the potential to be champions some day? i sure do. like i said, adrian hernandez destroyed rodel mayol last year. fighters on the u.s. side are equally as good. i especially am high on chris avalos. this guy is special. victor ortiz will be a good champion someday. robert marroquin is a budding star waiting to happen. luis ramos, miguel angel garcia and brandon rios are also oozing with talent. and yeah, alfonso lopez seems to be a very good prospect but right now it is very early. his fathers genes won't hurt him though.
    I'm aware there Mexican-American. But some I think have been more Americanized than others. I have a hard time calling Brandon Rios a Mexican prospect when he doesn't even talk Spanish. But it's not that big of a deal. Feel free to call them what you want.

I'm aware Adrain Hernandez destroyed Rodel Mayol (who I never thought much of). I'm also aware he got knocked out by a much lesser fighter in Oscar Ibarra. And wasn't impressive in his 2 fights in Italy. Victor Terrazas is ok. But I don't see Super Star in him like you do. Sanabria should of got the loss in his last fight instead of a draw. Chris Avalos does look good so far. But he's been in real soft. They need to get him better comp.

Thread Information