Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pacquiao and drugs

Ok, so all of a sudden Manny Pacquiao is under suspicion of taking performance enhancing drugs. People are questioning his achievements, saying he may have used PEDs in his fights with DLH, Hatton and Cotto?

Why?

Because Floyd Mayweather Sr says so? I'm sorry, but I'm not sure if that fucking crackhead is the most reliable source to be talking about anybody being on steroids.

Also, Pac's performances have been incredible, but it's not power that's beating these guys (apart from Hatton, which was at 140) it's SPEED. So, there are drugs that you can take to make stronger, but is there one that you can take to make you faster and improve your reflexes? With Cotto and DLH, he beat those guys with speed and despite landing plenty of flush shots couldn't knock them out.

I think this is bullshit that people are all of a sudden questioning a guys achievements when he has never tested positive for a PED in his life, all on the basis of smoke that got started by the most honourable guy in boxing Floyd Mayweather Sr.

THIS IS TOTAL BULLSHIT. Nevada's testing procedures have found out numerous cheats, yet Pacquiao has never tested positive. Yet now people are thinking bad of him because the Mayweather's start some shit. It's the fucking MAYWEATHER's people. Floyd is such an arsehole he didn't even look after Hatton after his fighter had been KO'd... Roger, and the Floyd's = the scum of the fucking earth.
    "I take good care of my people. I like to inflict permanent psychological damage."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao and drugs

The tests Pac has passed are scheduled urine tests. Not random blood tests. Mosley passed all of his tests and later admitted that he did indeed take steroids before his second bout with DLH. Urine tests are primitive. Read what the USADA chief and a doctor has to say. Blood vs. urine? USADA clears up fuss over Mayweather-Pacquiao drug testing feud | Floyd Mayweather - - MLive.com

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes the Mayweathers are jerks. But it's only right that random blood testing is done. Look on the bright side, maybe this starts some sort of trend for big fights and maybe it could be set as a precedent for the future of boxing.

I also think you have a major flawed logic in your argument about just because a guy wasn't tested positive it did not mean they are guilty. Marion Jones, Barry Bonds, Shane Mosley, Evander Holyfield, Roger Clemens also did not test positive for PEDs, but yet there has been strong evidence that they were using them.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Ok, so all of a sudden Manny Pacquiao is under suspicion of taking performance enhancing drugs. People are questioning his achievements, saying he may have used PEDs in his fights with DLH, Hatton and Cotto?

Why?

Because Floyd Mayweather Sr says so? I'm sorry, but I'm not sure if that fucking crackhead is the most reliable source to be talking about anybody being on steroids.

Also, Pac's performances have been incredible, but it's not power that's beating these guys (apart from Hatton, which was at 140) it's SPEED. So, there are drugs that you can take to make stronger, but is there one that you can take to make you faster and improve your reflexes? With Cotto and DLH, he beat those guys with speed and despite landing plenty of flush shots couldn't knock them out.

I think this is bullshit that people are all of a sudden questioning a guys achievements when he has never tested positive for a PED in his life, all on the basis of smoke that got started by the most honourable guy in boxing Floyd Mayweather Sr.

THIS IS TOTAL BULLSHIT. Nevada's testing procedures have found out numerous cheats, yet Pacquiao has never tested positive. Yet now people are thinking bad of him because the Mayweather's start some shit. It's the fucking MAYWEATHER's people. Floyd is such an arsehole he didn't even look after Hatton after his fighter had been KO'd... Roger, and the Floyd's = the scum of the fucking earth.
    Don't take this personal man but there are enough threads on this topic already. You will clearly find people who's views exactly coincide and contradict what you are saying. The arguments are already out there. Read the other threads.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, but I wanted to start another thread.

Just for the fuck of it.

It's Christmas man.
    "I take good care of my people. I like to inflict permanent psychological damage."

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yeah, but I wanted to start another thread.

Just for the fuck of it.

It's Christmas man.
    haha fair enough
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Yes the Mayweathers are jerks. But it's only right that random blood testing is done. Look on the bright side, maybe this starts some sort of trend for big fights and maybe it could be set as a precedent for the future of boxing.

I also think you have a major flawed logic in your argument about just because a guy wasn't tested positive it did not mean they are guilty. Marion Jones, Barry Bonds, Shane Mosley, Evander Holyfield, Roger Clemens also did not test positive for PEDs, but yet there has been strong evidence that they were using them.
    Exactly.

Pacquiao fans keep saying "He shouldn't have to only because Mayweather asked". That's fine. I feel the same. But the reality is the accusations are going to haunt him forever unless he proves it wrong.

The whole "innocent until proven guilty" thing does not apply in professional sports, especially in this day & age. Mosley, Vargas, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens all passed tests. Bonds even used the "I shouldn't have to prove myself to you" argument Pacquiao is using now. You see where he stands in the public eye now, right? Pacquiao won't be any different.

Now other potential fighters are saying they won't fight Pacquiao without him taking these tests and rightfully so. Either prove your legacy or get out of the sport. I'm tired of these "He was great, BUT...." type of athletes. I want to know Pacquiao was never cheating because I held him in such high regard. If i'm going to continue to support him he owes it to me, as a paying fan, to let me know my admiration, respect & hard-earned dollars weren't for naught.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by blegit View Post
    The tests Pac has passed are scheduled urine tests. Not random blood tests. Mosley passed all of his tests and later admitted that he did indeed take steroids before his second bout with DLH. Urine tests are primitive. Read what the USADA chief and a doctor has to say. Blood vs. urine? USADA clears up fuss over Mayweather-Pacquiao drug testing feud | Floyd Mayweather - - MLive.com
    Damn that article is concise, no way to refute that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac WILL take the blood test to STFU the Mayweathers. Pac WILL pass it ofcourse , but Floyd won't because of second hand crack smoke.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    Pac WILL take the blood test to STFU the Mayweathers. Pac WILL pass it ofcourse , but Floyd won't because of second hand crack smoke.
    hahaha we'll see, noone in the Pac camp has said they will agree to the random testing furthermore they are talking about setting up other fights with other fighters. I'd love to see Pac take and pass the random drug tests. The only reason there is suspicion is because he is refusing to go along with it.

The following statement is still true:

"Pac is refusing to fight because of a drug test"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the mayweathers just want a way out without being blamed.

floyd jr.'s afraid of the pacman. his ZERO will become ONE

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pacQ View Post
    the mayweathers just want a way out without being blamed.

floyd jr.'s afraid of the pacman. his ZERO will become ONE
    I keep hearing from Pac fans about Mayweather looking for a way out and yet the only one I see looking for a way out is Manny Pacquiao.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What the fukk is he waiting for to agree than?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    hahaha we'll see, noone in the Pac camp has said they will agree to the random testing furthermore they are talking about setting up other fights with other fighters. I'd love to see Pac take and pass the random drug tests. The only reason there is suspicion is because he is refusing to go along with it.

Pac already said he will do the drug test before and after the fight. What else does Gayweather want?

Ohhhh. He will make silly excuses now just to avoid this fight.

Whew. If only Pac would hear me. I'd say, forget about this fight. You don't need it.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post

Pac already said he will do the drug test before and after the fight. What else does Gayweather want?

Ohhhh. He will make silly excuses now just to avoid this fight.

Whew. If only Pac would hear me. I'd say, forget about this fight. You don't need it.
    The flaws in your first argument have been pointed out numerous times in the other threads. The tests need to be random.

If Pac doesn't fight Floyd then he will need some opponent and others will likely ask for the same tests now too. Nobody else would want to take the risk and possibly end up like Hatton.

Thread Information