Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Religion gone wrong.

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Religion gone wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    There is things that are purely human so to speak and there is things which religion support. Religion support and foster many of these issues actually and some of these things are damn dangerous, especially for those who take scripture to the letter. For example: A marriage shall be considered valid only if the wife is a virgin. If the wife is not a virgin, she shall be executed.
    (Deuteronomy 22:13-21).

Yeah, Religion supports tons of dubious things, it is not only a metaphysics vague concept, it is damn pragmatic in our life, sometimes.
    Yeah, I'm pretty certain that was a social more(pronouced moray, just in case you wanted to look it up) and it's probably still followed in some areas of the Middle East. So what I'm saying is religion didn't create that law but people in the area had that law for some reason, perhaps to manage their tribes and keep the peace, remember in that age arranged marriages were not uncommon so if you were to be wed to a woman that is supposed to be a virgin and you find out she's not a virgin....you're going to want your goats/camels/etc back. It was just a law of the time and place, much like it used to be a law that if someone stole your cattle they could be hanged....just an outdated barbaric law. The metaphores are what teach us.....Jonah and the Whale, is that not a good metaphore to teach? Don't run, don't hide from what scares you, what haunts you, what you feel you cannot stand up to, because if you don't stand and face it then it will have power over you and maybe your whole life, only when you decide to face what you were running from can you be free....that's a great moral story to teach and it's appicable to so many things in life and there are TONS of those metaphores in ALL faiths and all religions.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    There is things that are purely human so to speak and there is things which religion support. Religion support and foster many of these issues actually and some of these things are damn dangerous, especially for those who take scripture to the letter. For example: A marriage shall be considered valid only if the wife is a virgin. If the wife is not a virgin, she shall be executed.
    (Deuteronomy 22:13-21).

Yeah, Religion supports tons of dubious things, it is not only a metaphysics vague concept, it is damn pragmatic in our life, sometimes.
    Yeah, I'm pretty certain that was a social more(pronouced moray, just in case you wanted to look it up) and it's probably still followed in some areas of the Middle East. So what I'm saying is religion didn't create that law but people in the area had that law for some reason, perhaps to manage their tribes and keep the peace, remember in that age arranged marriages were not uncommon so if you were to be wed to a woman that is supposed to be a virgin and you find out she's not a virgin....you're going to want your goats/camels/etc back. It was just a law of the time and place, much like it used to be a law that if someone stole your cattle they could be hanged....just an outdated barbaric law. The metaphores are what teach us.....Jonah and the Whale, is that not a good metaphore to teach? Don't run, don't hide from what scares you, what haunts you, what you feel you cannot stand up to, because if you don't stand and face it then it will have power over you and maybe your whole life, only when you decide to face what you were running from can you be free....that's a great moral story to teach and it's appicable to so many things in life and there are TONS of those metaphores in ALL faiths and all religions.
    Sure, some issues are like that, the exemption of pork in islam is due to the fact that pork under such weathers become bad and poison quite fast, there is a lot of things like that. However, some part are not always tale like that, these are not all fables and morals to help peoples to understand. Moreover, peoples to this day are using the whole book as a vector to justify everything and nothing they do because it's written in it. For that, Buddhism is a lot better and more peaceful than any other religion that I know, no hierarchy and it is not based on some discrimination or domination factors. There can be a few good things in every religion, I am not denying that, what I am saying is that overall, I feel there is more bad things than good ones, especially when a hierarchy has been created over it.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Muslims are offended by Christmas then why do so many try to look like Santa?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I completely support their right to kill the man who drew this cartoon.

I used to think it was an overreaction, but then I remembered how angry I was when they gave Scooby Doo a cousin. I'd have murdered the bastard who created Scrappy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CFH religion has done right in some cases, it's just easier to point out the bad because those are more memorable.

A couple good things about Christianity (which I think even you will appreciate)
    #1 In the begining stages of Christianity the key members of the religion were slaves & women. Christianity was the first religion to offer such upward mobility to those classes and all because in Christianity it was cheaper to be baptized (they used and still use water, the Magna Mater cult put you in a pit, covered it with a grate and sacrificed a bull which the baptizee bought over the top of the grate drenching that person in blood...water = clean and cheap and bull = expensive and messy)

#2 During the several famines and plagues Europe (and the rest of the world) suffered through during the middle ages only the Priests, Monks, Nuns, et al would aid, feed, tend to and bury the ill and dead (it doesn't sound like much but it was a HUGE deal). And right now organized religion (even as much as I do not appreciate it) is helping feed and shelter the less fortunant.

I tend to share Joseph Campbell's view on religion.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo_kiNbwWaY
    Yeah, Islam and christianity used to do a few good things... but then again, if we weight it with the Crusades, the Cathars' massacre, the inquisition, the modern era super intolerance.... I would say that their good things is largely outweight by the good things it did. Not that I am for its complete and uttermost abolition but let's keep a deep eye on it and let's not throw it too many flowers for its achievements.

Well put.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MGG View Post
    CFH religion has done right in some cases, it's just easier to point out the bad because those are more memorable.

A couple good things about Christianity (which I think even you will appreciate)
    #1 In the begining stages of Christianity the key members of the religion were slaves & women. Christianity was the first religion to offer such upward mobility to those classes and all because in Christianity it was cheaper to be baptized (they used and still use water, the Magna Mater cult put you in a pit, covered it with a grate and sacrificed a bull which the baptizee bought over the top of the grate drenching that person in blood...water = clean and cheap and bull = expensive and messy)

#2 During the several famines and plagues Europe (and the rest of the world) suffered through during the middle ages only the Priests, Monks, Nuns, et al would aid, feed, tend to and bury the ill and dead (it doesn't sound like much but it was a HUGE deal). And right now organized religion (even as much as I do not appreciate it) is helping feed and shelter the less fortunant.

I tend to share Joseph Campbell's view on religion.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo_kiNbwWaY
    Yeah, Islam and christianity used to do a few good things... but then again, if we weight it with the Crusades, the Cathars' massacre, the inquisition, the modern era super intolerance.... I would say that their good things is largely outweight by the good things it did. Not that I am for its complete and uttermost abolition but let's keep a deep eye on it and let's not throw it too many flowers for its achievements.

Well put.
    I agree.

There are two kinds of spirits in human form and that mixture is to be found even throughout religions.

Some seek power in order to steal others time and energy away from them through control and through fear which are not of the higher dimensions.

Others give freely of their time and their energy because their source of energy is the unfathomable one.

You cannot serve two masters.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MGG View Post

Well put.
    I agree.

There are two kinds of spirits in human form and that mixture is to be found even throughout religions.

Some seek power in order to steal others time and energy away from them through control and through fear which are not of the higher dimensions.

Others give freely of their time and their energy because their source of energy is the unfathomable one.

You cannot serve two masters.
    And still, I am certain it is also almost un-manageable to serve 2 mistresses
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Religion gone wrong?

When A stash of money & checks was discovered behind a bathroom wall by a plumber working at the megachurch of televangelist Joel Osteen in Houston, Texas.

I'd say that is an example of religion gone wrong.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/st...=U531#comments

The next example will be the silence of those who attend.
    The other pimping preachers who will also remain silent.
    The Right wing political machine that ignores the rape of the catholics as youth will surely maintain their silence on why a supposed man of God has checks -not in the church vault, but inside his walls.

https://nypost.com/2021/12/03/plumbe...kewood-church/
    Plumber finds cash in wall of Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church years after burglary

get this......again it was discovered: seven years after $600,000 was stolen from the church safe, according to KRPC Channel 2.

Houston police never solved the 2014 crime, in which the megachurch said a whopping $600,000 had gone missing from the safe.
    $600K in donations stolen from Osteen’s megachurch
    By Post Wire Report
    March 11, 2014 2:06pm

Here is the headlines from 2014- HOUSTON — The Houston megachurch led by Pastor Joel Osteen has been targeted by thieves who stole cash, checks and credit card information from a safe.

https://nypost.com/2014/03/11/donati...ns-megachurch/
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haven't seen too many rightwing pages discussing this.
    Newsmax only article on this Olsteen dude was him getting (forgivable) money from the government.
    https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/jo...15/id/1001731/

celebrity pastor Joel Osteen, received a $4.44 million loan under the Paycheck Protection Program in July, the Houston Business Journal reported.

The forgivable loan was originated by Bank of America, according to the U.S. Small Business Administration data, and approved during July-August, the Business Journal reported.

When did God start asking his own to beg for the government as opposed to asking God to deliver unto them?

Osteen had a net worth of about $60 million in 2017,---yet he couldn't afford to pay his staff- so they went to Pharoah.

Instead of Newsmax informing their readers on this -I (money) was lost, but now Im found in the walls of where Joe booboos at.....here is what they want their viewers to know on this Dec 3rd: Biden and Entire Democratic Party Declare ‘War on Christianity’

That is sick. When a supposed newscast is reporting the entire party is declaring a war. On their religion.
    when one watches the vid- this chick goes on a BLM tip- apparently Joe is Pro BLM...and that they say....get your money out of white banks, ok....what does that have to do with the TOPIC? 3 topics in 52 seconds? What is the point? Hate black hate Joe...cause they hate white banks -so they must hate God?

https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/s...hristianity%2F

Newsmax chick starts talking about xmas decorations looks more like a carnival cruise...all this in 52 seconds.
    As far as FIX aka FOX? Same stuff...one can find local stations like FOX news 19 in Texas...but the entire nation doesn't need to know.
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 12-04-2021 at 03:42 AM.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So far the plumber has not heard from those who promised reward money.
    So far the plumber has not heard from Joel $steen.

Not a soul to hollar PRAISE THE LORD....OUR STOLEN MONEY WAS FOUND.
    The silence must be the seek-lawyer-silence.

To steal in the name of the Lord...once again, its Rightwing Practitioneers of Chrisitianity that would remain silent.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The very demographic claiming Democrats want to cancel the meaning of christmas, jumped for joy when they saw a photo of one of their own showering her kids for X-mas with REAL GUNS.

Damn the toy gun, let the toddlers grow up thinking Gods n Guns on Christmas.

Jesus, thank you for my glass projectile rounds that the big bad liberals didnt want me to have.

I never saw a part in the Bible where it says "vengence is mines & Smith & Wesson" sayeth the lord.
    This is what Trump allowed to crawl from the dark into the light.

They were long there, but no longer afraid to declare they can kill and then eat a big ass pig sitting in the middle of the table...in honor of Jesus the Jew.

Guns, pig's ass & then declare a former friend to the clintons - a former life long democrat is ...The Chosen One

Damn the fact there is NO chosen one in the bible. There is a A savior, but who needs him? He healed the sick with no need for pay, medicare, medicaid. he fed the poor -no need for credit, debit or financing with 255% interest. He claimed live by the sword (gun) die by it.
    But Gosh Darn reading the Bible...let Sean Hannity, Dead Limbaugh, Donnie Drumpf or one of those multi-millionaire televangelists (for a fee called tithe) teach us all.

How can that man of 2,000 years ago be here today- and be accepted by the christianty- group? We all know...he was never murdured by the infidels or the athiests or agnostics....he was killed by those who claimed they had a belief in a God.

How then would that demographic (god-believers) treat a man who spent time with the hoes, bums, no-nothings, poor, oppressed, colored, raped, mentally ill?
    They would treat him no different today then they did back then.
    Religion gone wrong?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread Information