Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A neutrals perspective on the Manny debate ..........

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: A neutrals perspective on the Manny debate ..........

Floyd Mayweather is now stating that he wont fight Manny because he believes that Mannys dress sense is the result of the use of mind-bending drugs.

To be honest, after checking this photo, I dont even think testing is required, it's pretty conclusive in my book .........

Some people say boxing is a matter of life or death, it's not, it's far more important than that.

Sydney, Australia. Originally from Canada.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A bad sense of fashion is one thing. Bad sportsmanship is another.

Call it pride. Call it cheating. Call it a dire fear of needles. Call it whatever you like. The statement: "Pacquiao has refused the fight because Floyd requested a more conclusive type of testing" is still true. I just hope that they can come to an agreement (where the fans know we're getting a fair fight).... by uhh... next fall

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBranMan View Post

Call it pride. Call it cheating. Call it a dire fear of needles. Call it whatever you like. The statement: "Pacquiao has refused the fight because Floyd requested a more conclusive type of testing" is still true. I just hope that they can come to an agreement (where the fans know we're getting a fair fight).... by uhh... next fall
    It's also true that never in the sport of boxing has any fighter ever demanded what Floyd is demanding. Floyd is an all-time great, but that doesnt mean, as much as he thinks he is, that he's bigger than the sport. Floyd believes he is the greatest of all time. If thats the case, then go out and beat a former 108lb fighter and show the world that you can beat Manny even if he believes he has had some juice. Take Oscar v Vargas. Nando was the naturally bigger fighter, also world class, and full or roids, and Oscar kicked his ass.

It's all about skill at the end of the day. And Floyd is the bigger fighter naturally anyway with more skill than any fighter on the planet. Floyd just needs to grow some balls. PED's dont make you Superman, or in Manny's case WakaPacman.

If I was Manny, I would have told Floyd in no uncertain terms, to go and fuck himself. If I was also Manny, I'd be rubbing shoulders with Mr Versace and Mr Armani, because the Christmas jumper he got off his grandma is shocking at best.
    Some people say boxing is a matter of life or death, it's not, it's far more important than that.

Sydney, Australia. Originally from Canada.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy G-Force View Post

It's also true that never in the sport of boxing has any fighter ever demanded what Floyd is demanding. Floyd is an all-time great, but that doesnt mean, as much as he thinks he is, that he's bigger than the sport. Floyd believes he is the greatest of all time. If thats the case, then go out and beat a former 108lb fighter and show the world that you can beat Manny even if he believes he has had some juice. Take Oscar v Vargas. Nando was the naturally bigger fighter, also world class, and full or roids, and Oscar kicked his ass.

It's all about skill at the end of the day. And Floyd is the bigger fighter naturally anyway with more skill than any fighter on the planet. Floyd just needs to grow some balls. PED's dont make you Superman, or in Manny's case WakaPacman.

If I was Manny, I would have told Floyd in no uncertain terms, to go and fuck himself. If I was also Manny, I'd be rubbing shoulders with Mr Versace and Mr Armani, because the Christmas jumper he got off his grandma is shocking at best.
    So your solution is just to fight someone that has well-publicized steroid abuse suspicions because, if Floyd is really an ATG, he'll beat him anyway.
    I'm sorry but that's absurd.
    If Oscar knew (or was even suspicious) pre-fight that Vargas was juicing, do you honestly think he wouldn't have cared? Oscar has his jaw on the floor right now wondering why the hell WakaSumJuiceInMe doesn't just take a few silly tests. No matter how much you discredit the effects of steroids, an unfair advantage is an unfair advantage. These types of testing procedures have been requested before in championship bouts, but never at this level of the sport. Why shouldn't Floyd set a precedent? PED technology is getting better and they are becoming harder and harder to detect. IMO he's completely within his rights to request USADA testing. He even gave some leeway concerning that, allowing the tests to be conducted by others and giving them a 14 day window before the fight where they'd cut off the random blood tests. In this circumstance Floyd has been beyond reasonable and Manny has only raised more eyebrows over his alleged steroid use. It's beyond suspicious now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So your solution is just to fight someone that has well-publicized steroid abuse suspicions because, if Floyd is really an ATG, he'll beat him anyway.
    I'm sorry but that's absurd.
    If Oscar knew (or was even suspicious) pre-fight that Vargas was juicing, do you honestly think he wouldn't have cared? Oscar has his jaw on the floor right now wondering why the hell WakaSumJuiceInMe doesn't just take a few silly tests. No matter how much you discredit the effects of steroids, an unfair advantage is an unfair advantage. These types of testing procedures have been requested before in championship bouts, but never at this level of the sport. Why shouldn't Floyd set a precedent? PED technology is getting better and they are becoming harder and harder to detect. IMO he's completely within his rights to request USADA testing. He even gave some leeway concerning that, allowing the tests to be conducted by others and giving them a 14 day window before the fight where they'd cut off the random blood tests. In this circumstance Floyd has been beyond reasonable and Manny has only raised more eyebrows over his alleged steroid use. It's beyond suspicious now.
    If its beyond suspicious then you must be claiming that its now fact ? Yes ?. I wish he would take the test, not because I think he is guilty, I'm just sick of reading the unproven allegations from pure haters. It's pathetic in my opinion. And I'm not even a Pac fan, just a fan of boxing.Then again, even if he does test clean, the haters will still accuse him of using PED's previously. You cannot appease true haters.
    Last edited by Jimmy G-Force; 01-18-2010 at 03:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If its beyond suspicious then you must be claiming that its now fact ? Yes ?. I wish he would take the test, not because I think he is guilty, I'm just sick of reading the unproven allegations from pure haters like yourself on here. It's pathetic in my opinion. And I'm not even a Pac fan, just a fan of boxing.Then again, even if he does test clean, the haters will still accuse him of using PED's previously. You cannot appease true haters.

haters gonna hate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erik_corrales View Post
    If its beyond suspicious then you must be claiming that its now fact ? Yes ?. I wish he would take the test, not because I think he is guilty, I'm just sick of reading the unproven allegations from pure haters like yourself on here. It's pathetic in my opinion. And I'm not even a Pac fan, just a fan of boxing.Then again, even if he does test clean, the haters will still accuse him of using PED's previously. You cannot appease true haters.

haters gonna hate.
    Dont get me wrong, I'm all for a 'clean' sport, and the strongest tests available to ensure there is zero cheating within boxing. But this has to be implemented across the board, and every fighter subjected to these tests. I dont agree with changing the rules and regulations for one fighter, it's bullshit. I know Zab requested it before with Mosley, but Floyd is demanding it, and I think personally he has no right, he isnt the be all and end all. I'm starting think he doesnt want the fight.

Steve Bunce once said that Floyd Mayweather has ducked so many fighters that when he opens his mouth I expect him to 'quack'.
    Last edited by Jimmy G-Force; 01-18-2010 at 03:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dont get me wrong, I'm all for a 'clean' sport, and the strongest tests available to ensure there is zero cheating within boxing. But this has to be implemented across the board, and every fighter subjected to these tests. I dont agree with changing the rules and regulations for one fighter, it's bullshit. I know Zab requested it before with Mosley, but Floyd is demanding it, and I think personally he has no right, he isnt the be all and end all. I'm starting think he doesnt want the fight.

Steve Bunce once said that Floyd Mayweather has ducked so many fighters that when he opens his mouth I expect him to 'quack'.

my bad, i was referring to thebranman's post. to you, jimmy g-force, you're cool. i definitely get what you mean. it's the way mayweather handled it. instead of DEMANDING it, why not let it go through the proper commissions? why do it in the middle of a negotiation? who the hell makes a business deal and then throws in something that could ruin the whole negotiation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TheBranMan, honestly, you're simply pac-hater. no problem with that, i respect that and you have every right. thing is, you're denying it(or maybe you're not?).

here are just some highlights of my short stay here throughout the failed mayweather-pac ordeal:

-you claim pac forced the march 13 date, when it was actually presented to him and he agreed to it because he really wanted the fight. mayweather made him choose march 13 or may 1. mayweather knows he's running so i guess pac doesn't have much options does he? but then just recently you say pac insisted on the march 13 date and mayweather had to "bow down" to this date.

-weight and glove size: may was pushing for 154(or something) but pac wanted 147. of course he would that's his fighting weight, or else haters like you would say pac is gonna ask for a catchweight if he fights above that. glove size, 8 or 10 oz. 147 is usually fought with 8 oz, 154 is fought with 10 oz.

-10 million per pound exceeded over 147. take note: EXCEEDED. he wouldn't have to pay 10 million if he followed the weight limit would he?

-everything goes smooth. everyone's surprised it's gone so smooth since we all know floyd and pac loves to drag these negotiations out.

-then comes the extreme, intrusive, haven't been proven "olympics style random blood testing"

-we go about this steroid thing as if we're all scientists on the issue.

-its been stated by victor conte that there were never any positive tests from the hgh blood testing. even though a lot of olympians are on the thing.

-you(thebranman) keep insisting that there are other PEDs that arent being tested. you read an unbiased article stating both sides of the argument(Boxing - Thomas Hauser - Mayweather-Pacquiao, PEDs, and Boxing) and say its biased, doesn't take DLH's OPINION into account.

if an article favors pacquiao in the slightest it's biased for you, but if it bashes pac i guess that's unbiased for you.

from what i gather here, and this is my point of view: both fighters arent afraid of each other, they both want the fight. except that mayweather is making it hard for everyone. pacquiao, as guilty as he looks, is being singled out just because he's being phenomenal. he's not taking the tests because as the saying goes with this and other combat sports: you have to prtect yourself at all times. mayweather wants a level playing-field, either cut of some of your height and reach or let pac walk on a few inches of stilts and extends his arms to match mayweather's reach.

bah, im rambling incoherently again. i'm high. didn't proofread.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erik_corrales View Post
    TheBranMan, honestly, you're simply pac-hater. no problem with that, i respect that and you have every right. thing is, you're denying it(or maybe you're not?).

here are just some highlights of my short stay here throughout the failed mayweather-pac ordeal:

-you claim pac forced the march 13 date, when it was actually presented to him and he agreed to it because he really wanted the fight. mayweather made him choose march 13 or may 1. mayweather knows he's running so i guess pac doesn't have much options does he? but then just recently you say pac insisted on the march 13 date and mayweather had to "bow down" to this date.

-weight and glove size: may was pushing for 154(or something) but pac wanted 147. of course he would that's his fighting weight, or else haters like you would say pac is gonna ask for a catchweight if he fights above that. glove size, 8 or 10 oz. 147 is usually fought with 8 oz, 154 is fought with 10 oz.

-10 million per pound exceeded over 147. take note: EXCEEDED. he wouldn't have to pay 10 million if he followed the weight limit would he?

-everything goes smooth. everyone's surprised it's gone so smooth since we all know floyd and pac loves to drag these negotiations out.

-then comes the extreme, intrusive, haven't been proven "olympics style random blood testing"

-we go about this steroid thing as if we're all scientists on the issue.

-its been stated by victor conte that there were never any positive tests from the hgh blood testing. even though a lot of olympians are on the thing.

-you(thebranman) keep insisting that there are other PEDs that arent being tested. you read an unbiased article stating both sides of the argument(Boxing - Thomas Hauser - Mayweather-Pacquiao, PEDs, and Boxing) and say its biased, doesn't take DLH's OPINION into account.

if an article favors pacquiao in the slightest it's biased for you, but if it bashes pac i guess that's unbiased for you.

from what i gather here, and this is my point of view: both fighters arent afraid of each other, they both want the fight. except that mayweather is making it hard for everyone. pacquiao, as guilty as he looks, is being singled out just because he's being phenomenal. he's not taking the tests because as the saying goes with this and other combat sports: you have to prtect yourself at all times. mayweather wants a level playing-field, either cut of some of your height and reach or let pac walk on a few inches of stilts and extends his arms to match mayweather's reach.

bah, im rambling incoherently again. i'm high. didn't proofread.
    your post don't need proofreading. You've said what many of us here wants to say.

Btw, we all know that branman is a pure hater of pac and a nuthugger of Gayweather. Nothing you say will convince him about pac.

Thread Information