Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default No Proof That He's Guilty?

This is a comment that has been frequently been made here. Maybe I'm a bit dim, but it make no sense.
    Sure he's never failed a test in the past, but has been pointed out, those tests are incomplete and there are ways of getting around them, hence the current demand for tests for tests that are more complete and are the best available.
    The common analogy is with drink driving tests.
    If I've never failed a breath test before and I get stopped for whatever reason. I tell the the cop I haven't been drinking. He says, he has a new machine that is much more accurate. I say I refuse to take the test because I've never failed before! It makes no sense.
    Manny proving he's clean now doesn't really prove anything except that he doesn't have PEDs in his system at the time of the test.
    It will not irradicate questions over his state going into his previous fights, knowing that there are ways around the testing.
    If you told drivers where and when they will be breathalised, they will never be caught.
    The whole point of these random blood tests is that they will insure that this fight is clean. Isn't that what everybody wants. Manny certainly will not clear his name in court no matter how much money he gets awarded.
    From what I can see, the only way for him to save himself is to take the random blood tests, show himself as clean for this fight and then go on and perform as he did for all his previous wins.
    If he doesn't take the test or does and comes in a totally different fighter then the questions will be answered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: No Proof That He's Guilty?

Hmm... You dont get it too. I gotta ask you. When was the FIRST time manny has been suspected of PEDS and WHO was the one who first clammored about it? It was after the HATTON fight. Who was the first one bitchin? It was FLOYD MAYWEATHER SR. Now him accusing pac about steroids on that point dont you think is alot more related to being he was Hatton's trainer and his fighter lost so horribly? Maybe a little more miffed? Whats in your mind see is the very natural and human skill of finding patterns. These patterns you see might either be true or just in your mind. Its as what atheists base their disbelief in god lies. Since there are no scientific proofs that god exists hence no god. True but doesnt change the fact that people still believe in him. This also applies to peoples belief in aliens, crop circles, ghosts and so on. The pattern you talk about is this:

In your mind you believe that Pac is powerful and fast but in small weights = he goes up in weight hence he loses power and speed = your belief is shattered when the fact that pac has beat up larger men (sometimes more so when its your favorite fighter) = then you hypothesize that this is illogical and something must be wrong = your assumption is further strengthened by others belief that something IS wrong (From the statements of figures like Floyd mayweather snr and paulie malignaggi) = Pac denies RANDOM CLOSE TO THE FIGHT testing due to a number of personal reasons = Something must be wrong since he doesnt wanna take MAYWEATHERS test.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hakkai619 View Post
    Hmm... You dont get it too. I gotta ask you. When was the FIRST time manny has been suspected of PEDS and WHO was the one who first clammored about it? It was after the HATTON fight. Who was the first one bitchin? It was FLOYD MAYWEATHER SR. Now him accusing pac about steroids on that point dont you think is alot more related to being he was Hatton's trainer and his fighter lost so horribly? Maybe a little more miffed? Whats in your mind see is the very natural and human skill of finding patterns. These patterns you see might either be true or just in your mind. Its as what atheists base their disbelief in god lies. Since there are no scientific proofs that god exists hence no god. True but doesnt change the fact that people still believe in him. This also applies to peoples belief in aliens, crop circles, ghosts and so on. The pattern you talk about is this:

In your mind you believe that Pac is powerful and fast but in small weights = he goes up in weight hence he loses power and speed = your belief is shattered when the fact that pac has beat up larger men (sometimes more so when its your favorite fighter) = then you hypothesize that this is illogical and something must be wrong = your assumption is further strengthened by others belief that something IS wrong (From the statements of figures like Floyd mayweather snr and paulie malignaggi) = Pac denies RANDOM CLOSE TO THE FIGHT testing due to a number of personal reasons = Something must be wrong since he doesnt wanna take MAYWEATHERS test.
    True the world is judged according to patterns and the "norm", but when something seems to go against the norm then it should be investigated. Manny is producing results against what is the norm and what has been seen in other fighters. It could of course just be his god-given gift/talent/he's a freek, but the other explanation is that he could be on PEDs.
    I follow the belief that "common things are common". First you must rule out the obvious explanations then move onto the less obvious ones.
    Manny has bucked the trend so closer attention must be paid to him (you don't pay closer attention to an individual who is not performing amazingly i.e. Clements, Marion Jones, Bonds, Ben Johnson etc)
    Then when the individual refuses to comply with a simple test that clearly exclude the obvious causes of his performances then obviously any unbiased person would have to ask why? Then even more attention will be focused on this individual. Then when the asked about their refusal to take the tests, said individual presents various reason from various people around them each of which has been contradicted.
    Ultimately the individual settles on "a number of personal reasons" and both they and their fans should just believe them because they say so and are likable.
    Its all very well being innocent until being proven guilty, but when you refuse
    to take a simple test that would prove that your clean, then do not complain when people start questioning it.
    Ultimately following all his amazing achievements, if Usain Bolt refused to comply with a new blood test or testing system that was thought to be more sensitive/accurate with the defense that he had "a number of personal reasons", a lot of questions would be asked, with or without Mayweather Sr's opinion.
    To use your analogy, if believer claims a miracle had occurred. But a non-believer says that there is an explainable cause of said miracle and that a simple test could prove it. The believer refuses to allow the test to be done and wants to know why this is not a miracle i.e. it is a miracle until proven otherwise. If it truly is a miracle then the test would add strength to their argument

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fact is that having no proof is not proof.

I like Manny but he is not my favorite fighter. I can remain somewhat unbias...

If I had to pick a side I'd say that I think Manny IS taking PEDs... But it ultimatly doesn't matter what I think... Nor has he ever tested positive.

If people don't like the current testing then petition the NSAC... Other then that, he's innocent until proven guilty.

Period.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post

If I had to pick a side I'd say that I think Manny IS taking PEDs... But it ultimatly doesn't matter what I think... Nor has he ever tested positive.

If people don't like the current testing then petition the NSAC... Other then that, he's innocent until proven guilty.

Period.
    Agree with the above, but while you are not technically guilty, you cannot complain about boxing fans opinions, and boxing is all about opinions.
    Its also makes it really difficult for his fans to defend him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Period.
    Agree with the above, but while you are not technically guilty, you cannot complain about boxing fans opinions, and boxing is all about opinions.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Perception is everything. In this day and age of athletes juicing in MLB, NBA, NFL, the Olympics, people will automatically assume you are guilty and it is up to the accused to prove he/she is innocent. That's just how it is in this day and age. Is it fair? No. But I'm sorry to say this but all of Manny's accomplishments are a question mark until eternity. It doesn't matter anymore if he takes the tests and passes them and wins. People will say he just wasn't on them at that time.

The public has decided Manny is guilty and his records and achievements are tainted. Same thing with Margarito.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Perception is everything. In this day and age of athletes juicing in MLB, NBA, NFL, the Olympics, people will automatically assume you are guilty and it is up to the accused to prove he/she is innocent. That's just how it is in this day and age. Is it fair? No. But I'm sorry to say this but all of Manny's accomplishments are a question mark until eternity. It doesn't matter anymore if he takes the tests and passes them and wins. People will say he just wasn't on them at that time.

The public has decided Manny is guilty and his records and achievements are tainted. Same thing with Margarito.
    You are, indeed, correct and I agree. But as you stated above, it doesn't make it right. As I said, for all intents and purposes, I believe he has something to hide and in turn believe he's used PEDs but it doesn't make it so.

Until caught or admits to using PEDs he's not moving from my P4P list.

But that's me...

Manny has already hung himself.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanj16 View Post

Period.
    Agreed... No, I get what you're saying. ...and as fickle the fans are in boxing he's picked the wrong sport to dick around with drug tests. In the major leagues you're cheating by hitting balls 100 ft longer then your opponant. In boxing you'll kill someone.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Period.

Ojay Simpson was proven innocent but everyone knows he was guilty.

My point is that people will think what they want and I think teh damage has been done to Pacs rep now because of how he has handled this. Even if he passes a drugs test now people will still look back and think he was taking steroids in his recent fights.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like I've said before even if Manny decided to take the random blood tests now and passes them, there is a perception out there.

Yep perception is everything. OJ Simpson is a good example. Michael Jackson is another one. Those guys have been exonerated in the courts but many people still say they are guilty no matter what. Certain things you shouldn't mess around with and try to stamp out the fires before it gets too big. Because once the fire is too big it will never be put out.

Boxing already is a dangerous sport, cheating in this sport could result in someone's death. This isn't like baseball, basketball, football. This sport has a few deaths every year.

It was a disaster move for Manny his team should have decided what's best for him instead of this standoff, that's why having yes men and freeloader/hanger ons are never good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Perception of Manny IS using PED's just because someone(s) said so and Manny basically said eat sh!t on your Random Blood Tests doesn't make him guilty... ... That's pathetic IMO

If the NSAC or any other commision came up with the Random Testing for all fighters or all major title fights and Manny or any other Boxer refused then yes that would raise some eyebrows because that is the rule for everyone... But it was the Mayweather camp and a few other loud mouths that drummed this up based on manny's previous performances nothing else...

How can that be just?? <--- This is retoricle, i will pass on the debate...
    You are the Creator of all that is, all that was, and all there ever will be.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cnote111 View Post
    Perception of Manny IS using PED's just because someone(s) said so and Manny basically said eat sh!t on your Random Blood Tests doesn't make him guilty... ... That's pathetic IMO

If the NSAC or any other commision came up with the Random Testing for all fighters or all major title fights and Manny or any other Boxer refused then yes that would raise some eyebrows because that is the rule for everyone... But it was the Mayweather camp and a few other loud mouths that drummed this up based on manny's previous performances nothing else...

If you're gonna pass on the debate then don't post anything...

Manny has done this to himself... There were other ways to go about what transpired rather then this.

I am, indeed, of the inocent until proven guilty belief... But even a fan such as yourself must get irritated that it's come to this.

I also think that if there is to be more stringent testing it should come from the commission and not another fighter... Teetering a fight on a certain style of drug tests is ridiculous but not wanting to do simple drug test is even more so.

Either way, it's ridiculous.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can forget about Nevada doing anything about their inadequate drug testing,they are well aware of it.....The`re not going to do jack about it though.Have you ever seen these Guy`s that are involved with the Nevada State Athletic Commission?Total Gangsta!.

There not going to change anything about there testing for this fight or any other,...Fact is they dont really care what the fighter`s are useing,as long as they make there Money,.....And this has already been explained,but,...These contract agreements are personal Contracts,and stipulations and conditions lik Mayweathers are valid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cnote111 View Post

If you're gonna pass on the debate then don't post anything...

Manny has done this to himself... There were other ways to go about what transpired rather then this.

I am, indeed, of the inocent until proven guilty belief... But even a fan such as yourself must get irritated that it's come to this.

I also think that if there is to be more stringent testing it should come from the commission and not another fighter... Teetering a fight on a certain style of drug tests is ridiculous but not wanting to do simple drug test is even more so.

Either way, it's ridiculous.
    My apologies for the Retoricle question... I've went up and down on this debate, i wanted to state my stance, but avoid the back and forth as best as possible... i understand both sides, but i don't think Manny's refusal is black and white as some people are depicting it...
    You are the Creator of all that is, all that was, and all there ever will be.....

Thread Information