Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather to demand tests against all future opponents

Mayweather Will Demand Random Drug Tests For Mosley

Very interesting to those who argued he wouldn't ask against any other fighter.

Huge props to Mayweather on this.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather to demand tests against all future opponents

Get ready bro, this thread too, will spin this into how Floyd is ducked Manny.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting. Good to see him consistent. Who would have thought that Floyd would set a great precedent in boxing? Boxing may not be that popular in America now, but if this starts catching fire and is implemented all across the boxing landscape, boxing can 1 up all the other popular sports in America.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a good move by Floyd.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL at Ellerbee acting like they're trying to change the sport. He kind of backed himself into a corner so its not that surprising.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Get ready bro, this thread too, will spin this into how Floyd is ducked Manny.
    Haha, let's hope not.

And let's hope this huge fight gets made.
    Thanks for the rep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is actually a good opportunity for Mosely, a chance to look good against Mayweather, and a chance to do it whilst proven to be clean. If Mossely and a few others agree to the random tests where does that leave Pac?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is good for boxing no matter if you are a Pac fanatic or not. Boxing needs to be cleaned and the in denial fans need to realize the commissions are beat on a regular and its sad that the boxers have to take a stance...and then get ridiculed for it. And Mosley said he would take any tests his opponent would take. Have to credit him for that. Lets get REAL effective steroid testing and then get an accountablility method for judges in all fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets be honest, Floyd really has no option here but to demand that all his opponents are tested. He has to, otherwise it will look like that he was victimizing Manny for making the demands to test him. If he lets any other fighter off without testing it would look like he was scared to fight Manny. It stands to reason, Floyd has made his bed, now he has to stick by it for his own integrity.

The bigger picture is that in the long run, the sport will be a cleaner place, which is a good thing, but lets not hail Floyd as the saviour of the game, even if, inadvertently his demands have set the ball rolling as a precedent. I dont believe that Floyd would be requesting every fighter be tested if he hadnt thrown away the superfight with Manny because of his testing demands. In a way, this has made Floyd come out in a much better light over this whole debacle.

Dont get me wrong though, I'm far from a Floyd hater, the guy is a pugilistic genius, but I think at times he thinks he is bigger than the sport without really showing that same type of champions mentality that made the true hall of famers legendary. The old school elite always tested themselves against the best of their generation. And although Floyd is arguably an all time PFP candidate, there is no argument that he hasnt always sought to clean out the best of the best of his era.

Overall though, a good move for the sport of boxing.
    Some people say boxing is a matter of life or death, it's not, it's far more important than that.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy G-Force View Post
    Lets be honest, Floyd really has no option here but to demand that all his opponents are tested. He has to, otherwise it will look like that he was victimizing Manny for making the demands to test him. If he lets any other fighter off without testing it would look like he was scared to fight Manny. It stands to reason, Floyd has made his bed, now he has to stick by it for his own integrity.

The bigger picture is that in the long run, the sport will be a cleaner place, which is a good thing, but lets not hail Floyd as the saviour of the game, even if, inadvertently his demands have set the ball rolling as a precedent. I dont believe that Floyd would be requesting every fighter be tested if he hadnt thrown away the superfight with Manny because of his testing demands. In a way, this has made Floyd come out in a much better light over this whole debacle.

Dont get me wrong though, I'm far from a Floyd hater, the guy is a pugilistic genius, but I think at times he thinks he is bigger than the sport without really showing that same type of champions mentality that made the true hall of famers legendary. The old school elite always tested themselves against the best of their generation. And although Floyd is arguably an all time PFP candidate, there is no argument that he hasnt always sought to clean out the best of the best of his era.

It's a bit like a millionaire giving to charity, because of the tax break. It's still good for the charity even if the intentions for the millionaire were strictly personal savings reasons.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy G-Force View Post

It's a bit like a millionaire giving to charity, because of the tax break. It's still good for the charity even if the intentions for the millionaire were strictly personal savings reasons.
    Lol. Excellent analogy.
    Last edited by Jimmy G-Force; 01-19-2010 at 01:15 PM.
    Some people say boxing is a matter of life or death, it's not, it's far more important than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I break this down into some clear cut points..

1. I HATE PBF (but I will set this aside for the remainder of the post)
    2. PBF has to request this from his future opponents, otherwise it would make him look extremely hypocritical. So i'll pass with the pat on the back bullsh!t.
    3. I am FOR stricter drug testing

Here is where it gets confusing...

We can all agree that these extensive blood test are unrealistic for EVERY professional fight that is out there, even though it would be ideal and ultimately fair to do so.

My eyebrow goes up because: (just to name a few)

Are drug testing policies now going be a part of contract nagotiations
    Who is going to pay for these tests per fight
    Who is going to be in charge of organizing these tests per fight

This stuff could turn the boxing world upside down if this becomes a fighters responsibility.. This is extremely different then aggreeing on glove size, etc etc...
    You are the Creator of all that is, all that was, and all there ever will be.....

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One of the problems with boxing is no unified rules. That would help and is a bigger picture issue as it covers pretty much everything. I think random blood testing for all championship fights (and I don't necessarily mean the bullshit regional belts and so on) would be good for the sport. Wouldn't expect it to go farther than that if it ever even includes that.

Just wait though, some prospect looks like a killer coming up and lays an egg in a title fight and everyone's gonna be sticking an air needle into their arm. Not a reason to not do it. But there will still be questions.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its highly unlikely given his behaviour, though not impossible, that PBF is using a banned PED. To dominate a sport like he has without the use of these drugs is rather remarkable. As unfair as it is to point fingers at those fighters who may appear suspicious but have never tested positive, its equally unfair that clean fighters have to be judged agaisnt the cheaters without reference to the extra hurdles thay must clear..since one does not want to make false accusations.

so the statrus quo favors the cheaters. therefore, a word should be said about apparently clean athletes whose accomplishments (like say Derek Jeter's and Ken Griffey's) are actually greater than they appear because of the ubiquitous use of PEDs.

Kudos to PBF.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He HAS to ask all future opponents or he would look a complete idiot.

Thread Information