Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can you name fighters who seemed to have lost it after winning a tough fight?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Can you name fighters who seemed to have lost it after winning a tough fight?

Eubank was never the same finisher after Michael Watson II.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Can you name fighters who seemed to have lost it after winning a tough fight?

Jones was never the same after the Ruiz fight.

The move up to heavyweight proved costly once he decided to move back down.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well the 1st one that came to mind for me was Buster Douglas - had to be one of the most sensational World Title wins in history due to the gulf in class between the two fighters and the huge difference in the betting odds before hand.

He didnt really do much after the win did he
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not so much lost it but wasn't quite the same guy....Cotto after the the Clottey fight though I will say that I think he was still damaged from the Margarito fight and after that he decided to take on the tornado that is Manny Pacquiao... So there's no shame in any of that. Nomatter what happens in Cottos short remainder of his career or if he decides to continue he had a great career and I thank him for it!
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Benn v MClennand took everything out of them.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Yeah... Benn was never the same. Man, imagine how that landscape would have changed if that fight was properly refed...... G-Man would have won and probably kept fighting!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post
    Yeah... Benn was never the same. Man, imagine how that landscape would have changed if that fight was properly refed...... G-Man would have won and probably kept fighting!
    And Benn would have beaten Steve Collins!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nobody knows that mate. People always talk about a long count in Round 1, but there wasn't one, a fighter can be afforded extra time if they go outside of the ring. The time difference between G Man's last punch landing and Benn being back on his feet was 10 seconds. Admitedly the ref did keep breaking them after that which was unexplainable
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Nobody knows that mate. People always talk about a long count in Round 1, but there wasn't one, a fighter can be afforded extra time if they go outside of the ring. The time difference between G Man's last punch landing and Benn being back on his feet was 10 seconds. Admitedly the ref did keep breaking them after that which was unexplainable
    It was a hypothetical... granted, anything can happen. I was just putting it out there. I should have used the word "could" rather then "would" when talking about how the landscape "would have" changed. The officiating in that fight regardless of whether or not people saw a long count.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a hypothetical... granted, anything can happen. I was just putting it out there. I should have used the word "could" rather then "would" when talking about how the landscape "would have" changed. The officiating in that fight regardless of whether or not people saw a long count.
    I agree on the long count. People say Texas is a bad place to fight and it is if you're the opponent. But fighting in GB is pretty bad also. See Dirrell, Tszyu, McClellan, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post

I agree on the long count. People say Texas is a bad place to fight and it is if you're the opponent. But fighting in GB is pretty bad also. See Dirrell, Tszyu, McClellan, etc.
    Still not as bad as Germany
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And Benn would have beaten Steve Collins!

Hahahahahahahahaha

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed...not sure about elsewhere but in many parts of the States its 20 seconds.Ref had some flubs and behind the head shots went both ways at times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes. That is when G has the advantage and going for the KO. Still unbelievable performance by benn.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Corrales was the fight name that came to mind.

Hatton was never the same after Tszyu, but he still had a remarkable career after that fight.

Thread Information