Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather and Mosley Official

According to ESPN NEWS the super fight is on!
    Will try to get a link when one is up.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather and Mosley Official

To awesome to be true... I will have to believe it when I'll see it, Mayweather taking a risk? there's something fishy there...
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not official, everything is agreed to:

Shane Mosley and Floyd Mayweather Jr. agree to fight - ESPN

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

once it's signed Pacquiao has been outdone....once again lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shane Mosley is not afraid of needles or fainting and going into a coma for giving a few drops of blood, cool!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Shane Mosley is not afraid of needles or fainting and going into a coma for giving a few drops of blood, cool!
    No but he's afraid of losing, hence Balco to get bigger, faster, stronger, and more stamina.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Contract signed: Mosley-Mayweather set for May 1 - Boxing - Yahoo! Sports

and now it is official

my favorite part of the article was

"Mosley, who said he unknowingly used two anabolic steroids and EPO prior to a 2003 fight with Oscar De La Hoya in Las Vegas, has agreed to the testing Mayweather requested. Both fighters will be subject to random blood and urine testing which will be administered to the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency"

Pacquiao is a bitch lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not a superfight IMO, it's not 50/50 enough.

I think Floyd will win a lopsided UD. This will be similar to winky vs mosely 1

I expect Floyd to stay away from shane for maybe the first 6 rounds then go up through the gears from 6 to the finish when mosely get's tired.

Yes Pac has been out done in terms of opponant but it's to be expected, after all floyd is the pound for pound best.

My hat is off to both Floyd and Shane for doing the random blood testing. It's setting a great example. the fact that they have both agreed to it tells me they both believe they are 100% clean. I hope this trend continues in the sport.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post

I expect Floyd to stay away from shane for maybe the first 6 rounds then go up through the gears from 6 to the finish when mosely get's tired.

Yes Pac has been out done in terms of opponant but it's to be expected, after all floyd is the pound for pound best.

My hat is off to both Floyd and Shane for doing the random blood testing. It's setting a great example. the fact that they have both agreed to it tells me they both believe they are 100% clean. I hope this trend continues in the sport.
    Mosley doesnt seem to get tired. He always finishes stronger whether he wins or loses.

Floyd waited for Oscar to tire before he took over. He will be waiting a long time for Shane tire. If anything Floyd needs to do his work early cuz Shanes gonna be in his face in the championship rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post

Mosley doesnt seem to get tired. He always finishes stronger whether he wins or loses.

Floyd waited for Oscar to tire before he took over. He will be waiting a long time for Shane tire. If anything Floyd needs to do his work early cuz Shanes gonna be in his face in the championship rounds.
    I disagree. Shane hasn't been in there with anyone with Floyd's kind of athletasism. and if he has it hasn't been for many years.

I stand by the fact that in his last 5 years of boxing shane has only looked really good once.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is going to be the fight of the year for me. Come on Shane!!!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post

I agree with Hornfinger about 99% on how this will play out, but I hope you are right.

I want to see this turn into fireworks as well as skill.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shane Mosley is now, and has always been A strong Fighter,throughout his career and throughout A fight,Shane does not now,or has he ever suffered with stamina problems,Shanes losses to W.Wright was simply due to the fact that Winky was just too big for Shane,Mosley had no buisiness fighting Winky other than money.This fight with Mosley and Maywaether will dwarf Pac`s fight in every aspect,and much credit for both fighter`s for being willing to prove that they are both clean.I`am A Fan of Manny Pac,and I dont know how anybody who say`s they love the sport of Boxing,could not be A Fan of Pac,but his outright refusal to prove that he got it honest,and to walk away from A pay day,and A fight of the magnitude of Mayweather V.S Manny has cast more than suspicions about his recent performances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think skill and the jab will set Mayweather apart here. IMO on the outside he is so much smoother and he has a real jab that Mosley is going to be in big trouble technically if he can't get Floyd on the ropes and keep him there. If Shane can do that consistently then things could get interesting, but I don't see any orthodox fighter landing with regularity against Floyd regardless of how fast they are, especially somebody without a good jab. While I think Mayweather gave Oscar a comprehensive boxing lesson(should have won by 9-3 or 8-4, and landed almost twice as many punches included jabs), you could see how Oscar's jab even when it wasn't landing was able to get Mayweather on the ropes. Floyd is really used to having his speed allow him to move away straight backwards and hasn't moved away laterally when he gets close to the ropes in a long time... at least not consistently, and that might be a big problem against Shane.

I honestly believe Floyd used less movement against Oscar than he could have, and that he was trying in his own way to fight toe to toe with ODLH, but against Shane he really needs the same mentality he had against Corrales. He needs to move a lot to really drop Mosley's output, and he needs to get out of his shell offensively as the fight progresses.
    Last edited by Taeth; 01-30-2010 at 06:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want Mayweather to win but I also want to see an all out war!!!! Sadly it will either be a lopsided Mayweather defensive master class or a boring Mayweather UD. Don't think Shane has what it takes to hit Mayweather enough times to drop him.. and it's almost impossible to outscore Floyd, unless you knock him down of course.

This is without a doubt the biggest fight in a good few years!

Thread Information