Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default clottey the underdog!

we all know clottey is the underdog vs pacman, alot of people think hes gona get k.o but i dnt see it, clottey has a good chin and won of the best defenses, i could possibly see a ud or draw for clottey does anyone agree or disagree?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: clottey the underdog!

Dont see him getting stopped, but I think Pac stopping him is much more likely than a Clottley win.

What can Clottey do to stop Pac?? He has average power does the basics ok and is a tough dude thats about it, he does nothing special and I just cant see where he beats Pac.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clottey wont win on PTS unless he thrashes Pac out of sight. They're both Arum fighters and ole Pacster is worth a billion times what Clottey is.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

clottey will do what he always does. He'll follow pac around, hands up tight "D", not throw enough punches loose on points and bitch about it afterwards.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    clottey will do what he always does. He'll follow pac around, hands up tight "D", not throw enough punches loose on points and bitch about it afterwards.

I was going to explain my thoughts but you said everything I wanted to say. This is exactly right. Clottey does nothing special and it would take Pac to fight the wrong fight for him to lose. Pac would have to try to fight Clottey in the pocket.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clottey is a good fighter, but he's in a terrible style match-up. He might take a round or two off Pacquiao but that will be it. I don't see Pac stopping him because Clottey has a good chin and a solid defense. However, he'll be balled up a lot and this will cost him heavily on the cards. He also doesn't have that killer instinct to really stop anyone once he has them buzzed and I can't see him stopping Pacquiao with one punch.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea Clottey is extremely frustrating that way. As stupid as it sounds, if he could match Pacquiao in stamina and had a similar mentality, I'd have a hard time not seeing him win by stoppage. I can't imagine how a fighter can have those physical tools but just not will themself to use them to their fullest down the stretch.... But I can only imagine a lot of what goes into being an elite athlete of any sort, mind you. For whatever reason I find myself rooting for Clottey in a big way in this fight, I would just love to see him lay it on the line in a way he hasn't before and actually pull this off.. It is very unlikely though, he has shown the same flaws in every big fight he's been in thus far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Clottey can tie him up and put that heavy body on him I can see him giving Pac trouble. If Pac's legs are gone and he can't run then it's anyone's game.
    Last edited by Zilla; 02-10-2010 at 06:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    If Clottey can tie him up and beat that heavy body on him I can see him giving Pac trouble. If Pac's legs are gone and he can't run then it's anyone's game.
    Manny is gonna be in and out of range very quickly so carnt see Clottey getting to many chances to tie him up and work the body.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by littlebif View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    If Clottey can tie him up and beat that heavy body on him I can see him giving Pac trouble. If Pac's legs are gone and he can't run then it's anyone's game.
    Manny is gonna be in and out of range very quickly so carnt see Clottey getting to many chances to tie him up and work the body.
    I don't know how I wrote 'beat'. I meant 'put'. I don't see Clottey having time enough to throw to Pac's body. He'll eat 11 shots every time he throws downstairs.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nyc champ View Post
    we all know clottey is the underdog vs pacman, alot of people think hes gona get k.o but i dnt see it, clottey has a good chin and won of the best defenses, i could possibly see a ud or draw for clottey does anyone agree or disagree?
    Even if Clottey wins , the point is how can PACMAN not be the favorite with his achievements ?
    even you can see why this is ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was just thinking about how Clottey can win this fight and I just can't see it. It would take some kind of lucky punch. I looked at Clottey's record and saw he only has 1 KO in his last 11 fights. All of Clottey's KOs are against bums in the beginning of his career. Clottey just doesn't have the aggressive nature. Very weird for an African fighter. I think there is more of a chance of Pac stopping Clottey than Clottey stopping Pac. This fight will probably be a 10 rounds to 2 fight for Pac.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clottey is the underdog but imo a very live dog. Pacs obviously the favourite but its still a very solid match-up & Clottey is a very good fighter.

I think Clottey would have to fight out of his skin & fight his best fight ever & hope Pacs having an off night to have a shot at winning... I just hope Clottey is competative
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    Clottey is the underdog but imo a very live dog. Pacs obviously the favourite but its still a very solid match-up & Clottey is a very good fighter.

I think Clottey would have to fight out of his skin & fight his best fight ever & hope Pacs having an off night to have a shot at winning... I just hope Clottey is competative

i agree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nyc champ View Post
    Clottey has a good chin but no matter how good that chin is, once it tasted pac's power, which he carried to the higher weights, then it might split in two.
    Remember what that power did to the chins of cotto with that uppercut or to hatton with that left hook.
    Even if pac won't win by tko pac will just outbox clottey till the end. He's too damn slow for pac. He's a pretty defensive fighter but too slow. With pac's footwork he'll just go around josh with flurries. Anyways josh being a southpaw makes it worse.Tell me: how will a left hander beat pac? If he's orthodox he will have a better chance. A good right straight is an effective weapon against south paws. And to utilize it against pac's speed you gotta be fast to do right straights. Pac would only duck those and fight josh from the outside.

Thread Information