Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Eggs punishment

Iv recently returned from 3months over seas and am aiming to fight in april or may.
    Im trying to get to heavyweight (under 91kg) but seriously doubt ill get there so super heavy it is.
    Im currently:
    Height: 198cm
    Weight: 94kg
    Reach: 205cm

My stamina has suffered from my holiday but shouldn't take long to get back,
    My training consists of:
    Monday: Swim 1500m+, Bike ride 45-60min/shaddow box
    Tuesday: Bike ride/run/skip 45min. Gym 1.5hrs(skip, bag, pads and spar)
    Wednesday: Swim 1000-1500m. Skip 30-60min/ shaddow box
    Thursday: Bike ride 60min. Gym 1.5hrs(skip, bag, pads and spar)
    Friday: Swim/bike ride. maybe jog at night
    Saturday: Gym 1.5-2hrs. Skip, bag, pads, spar movement drills)
    Sunday: rest or light jog bike ride.

My gym is getting a new trainer next week, apparently he will make you really tough but not very technical. So i will be going to a few differant gyms also to pick these skills up. Plus i need to spar other people than just my old trainer so 1-2 a week ill go to these other gyms.

Diet:
    Breakfast: Oats with honey.
    Lunch: Salad with chicken/small steak
    Dinner: Beans/steamed veg and steak/ veg soup
    (Sunday i eat what i want within reason)

Iv also sold my car and now ride my bike everywhere including the 5km+ home from training yes it hurts.
    Iv already lost 3kg in two weeks of being back at the gym, so almost back at my pre trip fitness.

2 weeks down, 2 months to go

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Eggs punishment

Good luck, my training consists of a spar every other day as well , its an eight seater .
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cheers Andre,
    Iv got 2 months off work so time to work hard for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jumped on the scales today, and it stopped at 93kg so getting closer to the 91kg im looking for.
    I had to slow down the training this week got sore shins on thursday so just push ups and sit ups for me for the last 3 days.

Going to a new gym tomorrow, the trainer at the old gym was told to leave and they never replaced him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

New gym now the trainer seems fairly good. Just have to get catch a train 20min each way but its worth it.
    He has changed my stance so its alot wider and my left arm is in a differant position, it feels quiet weird so i will now need to adjust my jab
    But now will bw doing 5x 2hr boxing sessions a week, plus my swimming and riding

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I jumped on the scales at the gym today with just shorts on and im now weighting 90.6kg so my trainer is starting me on a weights program also now.
    So stoked now that im on weight now its time to put in more hard yards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Training has been going well.
    Iv been doing 20-25x3min rounds on a mixture of shadow boxing, pads, heavy bag, floor to ceiling speed ball and skipping.
    I then finish with 10min skipping and about 15min of ab work with a medicine ball.
    Twice a week i go for a jog with sprints(stairs and a hill).
    Hopefully ill be ready by april.
    As my trainer says "train hard fight easy". I know i train hard as i can hardly walk up the stairs to the train station when i leave the gym.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Weighted myself at training and im now 89.5kg,
    Start weight program tomorrow got to put on 1-2kg

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you might be micro-managing a bit much worrying about 1-2 kg at this point. that is the difference between some salt in your diet (like a can of soup) and a good poop.

So long as you are close to where you want to be, just focus on what it is you want from the strength training, skill training and other things, and realize calorie intake is the main component to gaining/losing weight. In other words, eat well, fuel your workouts good and properly, get recovery food in there also...and end up where you end up. You've just proven to yourself how easy it can be to reach that goal, so it might be time to consider focusing less on your weight, and put your mind more to the other things. Just my thoughts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Totally agree with you Youngblood and iv done pretty much what you've said. I only watched my weight to know when to up my diet.

Sparred for the first time tonight in over 4 months, I got a little flogging in the first round. I saw all the punches coming but couldnt totally stop them mostly over hand rights. I was thinking way too much about what to do rather than just doing it. He knocked the wind out of me but i got up and kept going.

My coach then pulled me out for 2 rounds to calm down then i jumped back in and against a pro and went 200% better was moving jabbing and not getting hit and i actually rattled him in the last 30sec.

So i have a bit to work on mostly jabbing more/faster with more foot movement.

I was so down on myself for the 1st round i really couldn't believe i done it but it happened and its now out of the way. I was glad i got a chance in the second round it made me feel a little better.
    Coach even said i looked like a retard in the 1st round he said i looked a little confused...
    Back to improve tomorrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im back at it again. Been training 5 days a week i had to have 3 weeks off due to family problems but they are mostly over now.
    Hopefully will be fighting with in the next month or 2, but its up to my trainer.

Still have a bit to work on, mostly adapting to my trainer style a hell of alot more technical than my old trainer. But im getting there.

Iv been told to eat 3700 cal a day to maintain my weight, and eating that much is harder than i thought

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Had a exhibition fight at a Joe Bugner talk night two weeks ago it was only 3x2min, i fought a guy that would be over 100kg im now 89kg.
    Most people say i won the fight but the pissed judge in the crowd said otherwise.
    It was only supposed to be a spar but he tried to load up and crowd me, although i could have done alot better i done ok i landed 6-7 good overhand rights that rattled him and the only place he landed on me was the back of the head and kidneys.
    And the ref Shane Knox was telling him during the whole fight to rush me so i couldnt use my reach advantage effectivly.
    But its not recorded and now i know what to work on. Got 7 weeks till im entered into a tournament.

Now i just need my thumb to stop hurting.

Thread Information