Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default UN Climate cheif retires

U.N. Climate Chief Resigns - NYTimes.com

"In a statement announcing his departure, Mr. de Boer expressed disappointment that the December climate change conference of nearly 200 nations in Copenhagen had failed to produce an enforceable agreement to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases that climate scientists say are contributing to the warming of the planet.

He also said that governmental negotiations could provide a framework for action on climate, but that the solutions must come from the businesses that produce and consume the fuels that add to global warming."

Kind of interesting it says he is going into the private sector to work with KPMG as an advisor.

Nothing related, but here is the KPMG building in Tempe, AZ

Last edited by killersheep; 02-18-2010 at 04:37 PM.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: UN Climate cheif retires

MAN MADE Climate Change is a hoax

And once again who the fuck are we to say what temperature is the "ideal" one for the Earth and all of the plants and animals therein

Anyone ever wonder why a lot of these so called "Climate Experts" are ECONOMISTS and not oh I don't know SCIENTISTS

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post

And once again who the fuck are we to say what temperature is the "ideal" one for the Earth and all of the plants and animals therein

Anyone ever wonder why a lot of these so called "Climate Experts" are ECONOMISTS and not oh I don't know SCIENTISTS
    So you are happy he's retiring then?
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

El Kabong Guest

I'll be happy #1 when we get REAL science done and #2 when the "Global Warming Alarmists" get called out for being crooked cash mad hypocrits.

and #3 when Al Gore gets burned at the stake for being a lying thieving bastard!!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll be happy #1 when we get REAL science done and #2 when the "Global Warming Alarmists" get called out for being crooked cash mad hypocrits.

and #3 when Al Gore gets burned at the stake for being a lying thieving bastard!!!
    Let's be honest Lyle, you are never happy, aside when people die (i.e. Ted Kennedy). That's the only time I can remember you haven't been somewhere on the unhappy/outraged scale. You should really lighten up before you have a heart attack.

El Kabong Guest

I'm happy a lot.....I just choose to unload my unhappiness on here to purge it from my system.....thanks for listening

hahahaha

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why do I only hear these kinds of things from Americans? What is it with that place and screwed up viewpoints? I know the media is dumbed down and misleading over there, but what happened to the people with the ability to think critically about important issues?

Global warming is happening and it is affecting more and more people every day. To stick your fingers in your ears and scream "EVERYTHING IS OKAY!" is the height of madness. That is so obviously far from the truth. Burning so many harmful resources is bound to have harmful consequences and we will have to deal with the fallout. Clean energy is a good idea no matter what your political persuasion. Unfortunately the fuckhead coal and oil lobbyists don't want to change and ultimately they are trying to control public opinion with absurdist arguments from the stone age. People need to listen to the scientific consensus rather than a few corporatist rogues who couldn't give a shit about life a hundred years from now. After all, short term profit is the only reason for living, isn't it?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

Why do I only hear these kinds of things from Americans? What is it with that place and screwed up viewpoints? I know the media is dumbed down and misleading over there, but what happened to the people with the ability to think critically about important issues?

Global warming is happening and it is affecting more and more people every day. To stick your fingers in your ears and scream "EVERYTHING IS OKAY!" is the height of madness. That is so obviously far from the truth. Burning so many harmful resources is bound to have harmful consequences and we will have to deal with the fallout. Clean energy is a good idea no matter what your political persuasion. Unfortunately the fuckhead coal and oil lobbyists don't want to change and ultimately they are trying to control public opinion with absurdist arguments from the stone age. People need to listen to the scientific consensus rather than a few corporatist rogues who couldn't give a shit about life a hundred years from now. After all, short term profit is the only reason for living, isn't it?
    Every peer review scientific journal out there has come to the conclusion that climate change is real. Or should I say the credible and respected ones in the scientific community. If that's not scientific enough than I don't know what is not scientific enough. These are scholarly articles and properly researched, and not some misguided and warped data put out by the corporations.

Notice it's usually the right wingers, corporate associates and it's hoards believe that it is some liberal tree hugging agenda that is made up. But what do you expect from the idiots who believe that evolution never happened and that dinosaurs roamed the earth 6000 years ago?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post

Every peer review scientific journal out there has come to the conclusion that climate change is real. Or should I say the credible and respected ones in the scientific community. If that's not scientific enough than I don't know what is not scientific enough. These are scholarly articles and properly researched, and not some misguided and warped data put out by the corporations.

Notice it's usually the right wingers, corporate associates and it's hoards believe that it is some liberal tree hugging agenda that is made up. But what do you expect from the idiots who believe that evolution never happened and that dinosaurs roamed the earth 6000 years ago?
    Totally agree. It's backwards thinking and usually driven by the "me" politics of the the right and big business. As for the hordes of nutty Christians, they are a freaky and insane bunch too.

I was a bit too anti-American in my initial posting which was perhaps a bit much. There are obviously a lot of really cool Americans, but unfortunately the ones with the loudest voices seem to get heard more. The wacky brigade always seem to have their say whilst the sensible voices just seem to stay on mute.

El Kabong Guest

Only Americans huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKrw6ih8Gto

....I don't know many Americans with the title of LORD

Miles, it just amazes me that people are still beating the "Global Warming" drum after these people who have been doing this "science" ADMITTED that they lied....don't call me ignorant I'm not following people who ADMITTED skewing and therefore ruining their "science" and any credibility they ever had. Go ahead and live in your fantasy land miles because what supports your view was just made up, it's politics and money.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only Americans huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKrw6ih8Gto
    ....I don't know many Americans with the title of LORD

Miles, it just amazes me that people are still beating the "Global Warming" drum after these people who have been doing this "science" ADMITTED that they lied....don't call me ignorant I'm not following people who ADMITTED skewing and therefore ruining their "science" and any credibility they ever had. Go ahead and live in your fantasy land miles because what supports your view was just made up, it's politics and money.
    I don't know any normal people with the title "Lord" either.

You have your stance and you are sticking with it and that's fair enough, but the evidence overwhelmingly points towards the idea that the earth is heating up because of an acceleration in man made emmisions. I see no reason to disagree with the consensus of scientists who are able to read into these things far better than we are. It would be like a high school drop out trying to tell me that I am wrong about my research into second language aquisition. My evidence fits with the existing body of work and yet the little punk is right there trying to tell me that I am wrong. I would really have no reason to take that persons opinion very seriously. I'm not of the opinion that most academics are distorting their data for fun or financial reasons.

El Kabong Guest

the evidence overwhelmingly points towards the idea that the earth is heating up because of an acceleration in man made emmisions. .
    Oh really? And this is unbiased TRUE science that says this and not skewed data from some pencil necked geeks that want more government funding to line their pockets?

Guys like Al Gore have corrupted the field, I mean it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the "solutions" they have come up with are just insane.

OK instead of cars running on gas they will run on hydrogen...well that's all well and good for limiting CO2 emmissions but H2O is an even bigger greenhouse gas and not to mention if EVERYONE that had a car in let's say Atlanta switched to hydrogen powered cars then Atlanta would be almost uninhabitable due to the elevated humidity and I'm pretty sure they would have more mosquitoes because of that too. OK well let's take a look at their next fix for cars "electric cars"....where does that electricity come from In most cases it doesn't come from hydropower or wind or solar but from COAL based power plants and if we hook cars up to the grid it's going to INCREASE CO2 emmissions from those plants.

I think it's asinine these so called "solutions" these idiots have put out....I mean "Carbon Offsets"?!?!?! That's no different than when the Catholic Church allowed Royalty and the Wealthy to pay for their endulgences.....where's the outrage miles

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the evidence overwhelmingly points towards the idea that the earth is heating up because of an acceleration in man made emmisions. .
    Oh really? And this is unbiased TRUE science that says this and not skewed data from some pencil necked geeks that want more government funding to line their pockets?

Guys like Al Gore have corrupted the field, I mean it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the "solutions" they have come up with are just insane.

OK instead of cars running on gas they will run on hydrogen...well that's all well and good for limiting CO2 emmissions but H2O is an even bigger greenhouse gas and not to mention if EVERYONE that had a car in let's say Atlanta switched to hydrogen powered cars then Atlanta would be almost uninhabitable due to the elevated humidity and I'm pretty sure they would have more mosquitoes because of that too. OK well let's take a look at their next fix for cars "electric cars"....where does that electricity come from In most cases it doesn't come from hydropower or wind or solar but from COAL based power plants and if we hook cars up to the grid it's going to INCREASE CO2 emmissions from those plants.

I think it's asinine these so called "solutions" these idiots have put out....I mean "Carbon Offsets"?!?!?! That's no different than when the Catholic Church allowed Royalty and the Wealthy to pay for their endulgences.....where's the outrage miles

H2O is water.

Thread Information