Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: scots racist against english?

good to see the police spending there time on important issues

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's just typical of Britain today: some petty jobsworth idiot does something stupid and then the media hype it up to make people angry.

Anyway - Scots and English are the same race ...... but different nationalities.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i suppose buying a scotland shirt for the world cup would be a waste of money so they may as well get one of these

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    It's just typical of Britain today: some petty jobsworth idiot does something stupid and then the media hype it up to make people angry.

Anyway - Scots and English are the same race ...... but different nationalities.
    BINGO X , when will these thick bastards realise that Scots and English are the same race , the fucking race card is played far to easily to sell a story , the Scots can do whatever they like , who gives a fuck .
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a load of nonsense. If someone wants to make a stupid t-shirt backing against England then so be it. It's just what the Scots do. I have a Scotish friend who always backs against England, but that's just part and parcel of who he is. Why would you get irate about it? Nobody is getting hurt and it's just a sport at the end of the day. The police have no business getting involved in the first place, they would be much better suited trying to catch the hordes of drug dealers.

There is too much political correctness in the UK from what I read in the media and it seems you can't even make a tongue in cheek joke anymore without people getting up in arms and calling you sexist, racist or whatever the latest -ist word is this week. It's all a bit sad really.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    What a load of nonsense. If someone wants to make a stupid t-shirt backing against England then so be it. It's just what the Scots do. I have a Scotish friend who always backs against England, but that's just part and parcel of who he is. Why would you get irate about it? Nobody is getting hurt and it's just a sport at the end of the day. The police have no business getting involved in the first place, they would be much better suited trying to catch the hordes of drug dealers.

There is too much political correctness in the UK from what I read in the media and it seems you can't even make a tongue in cheek joke anymore without people getting up in arms and calling you sexist, racist or whatever the latest -ist word is this week. It's all a bit sad really.
    That's what I've read too. Is it true that you guys can't say Merry Christmas because it may offend other groups? I'm not a religious guy, hell I don't even believe in any religion but I do like the secular aspect of Christmas and just use it to greet people during that time of the year. I just find it odd since the UK is a majority Protestant nation.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post

That's what I've read too. Is it true that you guys can't say Merry Christmas because it may offend other groups? I'm not a religious guy, hell I don't even believe in any religion but I do like the secular aspect of Christmas and just use it to greet people during that time of the year. I just find it odd since the UK is a majority Protestant nation.
    TBH I really have no idea what is acceptable or not anymore. I've only spent a few weeks in the UK in the past seven plus years. I had heard about the Merry Christmas thing too, but surely people are still saying Merry Christmas. They do pretty much everywhere else in the world!

The UK seems to have turned a bit strange really having become a rather tedious and pointless nanny state where you cannot speak in fear of upsetting other people. Maybe that's an exaggeration, I don't know. I will be going home for a holiday in the summer, so I will be able to see for myself how bad it's become. Surely, it's just the media that makes it seem so ridiculous.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TBH I really have no idea what is acceptable or not anymore. I've only spent a few weeks in the UK in the past seven plus years. I had heard about the Merry Christmas thing too, but surely people are still saying Merry Christmas. They do pretty much everywhere else in the world!

The UK seems to have turned a bit strange really having become a rather tedious and pointless nanny state where you cannot speak in fear of upsetting other people. Maybe that's an exaggeration, I don't know. I will be going home for a holiday in the summer, so I will be able to see for myself how bad it's become. Surely, it's just the media that makes it seem so ridiculous.
    It's the media.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post

It's the media.
    Yep.
    I can say 'merry christmas' whenever i want.
    Merry Christmas!!
    Hold on...someones knocking at the door...
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

It's the media.
    Yep.
    I can say 'merry christmas' whenever i want.
    Merry Christmas!!
    Hold on...someones knocking at the door...

Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Absoloutely cringeworthy story

The scots dont like the english - someone in inner mongolia would be able to tell you that.

We are there as per usual and as per usual they arent. Thats more than enough satisfaction for me
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's the media.
    Political correctness is just so gay.

I only heard the expression "a person of colour" quite recently on TV and thought it quite bizarre. What's wrong with calling a dark skinned person "black"? Maybe I'm old fashioned, but a spade is a spade. Language is an odd thing and I just don't see the point in getting so worked up about it. Some words will insult, but it's down to the individual to decide how they express themselves. You can't be dictated from above on how to use language. If a man wants to wear a T-Shirt with "Bugger the Queen" on the front, I really don't see the problem. It could say "Bugger miles" and I would still say fair enough. Not that I want to be buggered mind.
    Last edited by Gandalf; 02-25-2010 at 12:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah all seems a bit pathetic to me!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's the media.
    Political correctness is just so gay.

I only heard the expression "a person of colour" quite recently on TV and thought it quite bizarre. What's wrong with calling a dark skinned person "black"? Maybe I'm old fashioned, but a spade is a spade. Language is an odd thing and I just don't see the point in getting so worked up about it. Some words will insult, but it's down to the individual to decide how they express themselves. You can't be dictated from above on how to use language. If a man wants to wear a T-Shirt with "Bugger the Queen" on the front, I really don't see the problem. It could say "Bugger miles" and I would still say fair enough. Not that I want to be buggered mind.
    I agree to an extent but some form of political correctness is required imo.
    For example Hatton the Hammer might believe that Bernard Manning telling a joke about a black man is ok because it's funny and harmless, wheras somebody else might take offence to it.

Choosing to take offence over something and being offended are two different things, and claiming to be offended when in effect you aren't, isn't right. But it's also not right to decide that something isn't offensive, just because you don't find it to be so.

Thread Information