Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Baseball 2010

The best prospect in baseball.

Its probably a bit early, season's about a month away, but the Braves are having their first preseason game today and have unleashed Jason Heyward.

The Braves have a real good staff, although no Javy Vazquez which is a bit shit, and should have a much better lineup as we have no fucking piece of shit Jeff Francouer at all this year and no Kelly Johnson and no Garrett Anderson and Heyward is likely to be starting from day one. If Troy Glaus can stay healthy and hit 25 HR's or so we should be real good. We have a much better bench this year too. I think we can compete with the Phillies in the East.

And I've never played fantasy baseball and since we've had some saddo leagues on here for other sports I figured I'd see if there's any interest in the next couple weeks.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Baseball 2010

The Braves always have a decent squad even when they are full of rookies (big credit to Bobby Cox). I think Heyward is a ROY contender, he's HUGE and I've heard he can rake like no other. I think as a rookie he'll fade a bit during the long season (if he's in the majors because there is a chance he won't be, however slight that may be).

I'm both excited and a little apprehensive about my BoSox this season, we have grade A pitching, grade A defense, but we're missing offense and I don't want to lose a whole bunch of 2-1 ball games. I'm hoping like hell we'll pick up Adrian Gonzales. I do figure Big Papi will have a much better season this year as will DiceK

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    The Braves always have a decent squad even when they are full of rookies (big credit to Bobby Cox). I think Heyward is a ROY contender, he's HUGE and I've heard he can rake like no other. I think as a rookie he'll fade a bit during the long season (if he's in the majors because there is a chance he won't be, however slight that may be).

I'm both excited and a little apprehensive about my BoSox this season, we have grade A pitching, grade A defense, but we're missing offense and I don't want to lose a whole bunch of 2-1 ball games. I'm hoping like hell we'll pick up Adrian Gonzales. I do figure Big Papi will have a much better season this year as will DiceK
    A southern boy cheering for the R-Sox? You must have seen the correct light baseball like, Lyle
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

El Kabong Guest

Here's some history, #1 All of my family loves the Red Sox #2 The Braves originally played in Boston (then Milwalkee and then Atlanta) #3 I still hate THE Yankees (yankees in general).....so nothing has changed.

I played ice hockey and lacrosse as well, it didn't change my Southern status.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah but you're from North Carolina, since when does that make you southern

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Here's some history, #1 All of my family loves the Red Sox #2 The Braves originally played in Boston (then Milwalkee and then Atlanta) #3 I still hate THE Yankees (yankees in general).....so nothing has changed.

I played ice hockey and lacrosse as well, it didn't change my Southern status.
    Oh I won't argue a Red Sox fan, you can bet on it, especially as you're sane enough to hate the Yankees as any baseball fan should (especially a Red Sox fan)
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

El Kabong Guest

And Nameless I've actually lived the dream and gone to Fenway for a few games.

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    Yeah but you're from North Carolina, since when does that make you southern
    We're well below the Mason-Dixon line which is actually right above Maryland and some people in Maryland actually consider themselves Southern, though I disagree.

We're South of Richmond, VA and above Florida so yeah I'd say North Carolina is Southern enough....although we weren't chomping at the bit to get into the Civil War but in the end we actually supplied the most troops to the CSA though.
    Last edited by El Kabong; 03-03-2010 at 10:59 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ortiz needs to get back on his special supplements to regain his form and Dice-K needs to learn how to use those special supplements like his Major League counterparts in order to last 1 full season and be productive.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Braves are gonna be fucking unstoppable this year. Unstoppable. We've got Heyward, and Yunel Escobar, and Tommy Hanson, and Jair Jurrgens and Melky Cabrera. Melky Cabrera! We're gonna win the Series in Bobby Cox' last year and then he's gonna be like well I want to come back I still have passion for the game and were gonna be like LOL sorry bro.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How great is this vid and story? I don't follow baseball or even know much about it, but I laughed my ass off watching this just now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vUhSYLRw14

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Ortiz needs to get back on his special supplements to regain his form and Dice-K needs to learn how to use those special supplements like his Major League counterparts in order to last 1 full season and be productive.
    #1 No one ever said what Ortiz was on even when Ortiz asked what he tested positive for. So it could be like when Roy Jones Jr "Tested Positive" and was really just taking "Ripped Fuel"

#2 Dice-K has had successful seasons, he's won in the playoffs and the Sox have won a World Series with his help. Sure he still walks too many guys and isn't an "aggressive" pitcher but he's good especially where they have him in the rotation #4....best #4 pitcher I know of

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If we do fantasy it can't be ESPN, well it can but my account for the basketball freezes everytime I go to the screen on my phone and on my computer, but now that I think about it, baseball works just fine so does my other account, IDK what the deal is

Heyward looks pretty good he has 'the look' that baseball players need to have.

Hopefully the Giants can generate runs this year. Hopefully Jeremy Affeldt can return to his form from last year and hopefully Brian Wilson has totally figured things out on the back end. We have the best rotation in the NL imo and if it weren't for Vazquez joining the Yankees I'd say it was the best in the whole league. As for Dice-K being the best 4 starter, well that's not true. Maybe on name value only, but Our offense is improved even if we didn't get that linep changer in the offseason, we got a lot of good run producing guys.

We have a lot of momentum to build on. Opening day! I can't wait, this season is the best in a while for Giants fans and once the NFL goes on strike baseball will return to being at the top of the sports food chain in America.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Atlanta Braves - Braves Baseball Clubhouse - ESPN

Most exciting year to be a Braves fan in a while. The only thing I'm slightly worried about is the hype is out of control but dude looks like as close to a sure thing as there can be. Its not just that he's big and strong, can hit it a mile, can run and throw, he's got amazing plate discipline, he's had I believe at least one walk every spring training game, he just doesn't swing at bad pitches.

Lineup I would go with

1)Nate McClouth CF-not really a leadoff guy but meh, we don't really have one
    2)Jason Heyward RF-maybe too far up in the lineup considering he can drive in runs but he just gets on base so much
    3)Chipper Jones 3B
    4)Troy Glaus 1B
    5)Brian McCann C
    6)Yunel Escobar SS
    7)Martin Prado 2B
    Matt Diaz/Melky Cabrera LF

Staff
    Tommy Hanson
    Jair Jurrgens
    Tim Hudson
    Kenshin Kawakami
    Derek Lowe

Peter Moylan, Kris Medlen, Eric O'Flaherty, Jesse Chavez, Matt Dunn, Takashi Saito, Billy Wagner

I'm thinking playoffs. I know no one cares.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    If we do fantasy it can't be ESPN, well it can but my account for the basketball freezes everytime I go to the screen on my phone and on my computer, but now that I think about it, baseball works just fine so does my other account, IDK what the deal is

Heyward looks pretty good he has 'the look' that baseball players need to have.

Hopefully the Giants can generate runs this year. Hopefully Jeremy Affeldt can return to his form from last year and hopefully Brian Wilson has totally figured things out on the back end. We have the best rotation in the NL imo and if it weren't for Vazquez joining the Yankees I'd say it was the best in the whole league. As for Dice-K being the best 4 starter, well that's not true. Maybe on name value only, but Our offense is improved even if we didn't get that linep changer in the offseason, we got a lot of good run producing guys.

We have a lot of momentum to build on. Opening day! I can't wait, this season is the best in a while for Giants fans and once the NFL goes on strike baseball will return to being at the top of the sports food chain in America.
    The West still comes through Los Angeles. They just have the better team. Manny and Furcal are both free agents. Both should have monster years. Either and Kemp have both gotten better year by year. Kemp is a stud. Loney to me has underachieved. But the talent is there. Blake and Belliard provide good veteran leadership. And the pitching is lead by the fantastic due of Kershaw and Billngsley. Kuroda is underrated. Padilla is a better fit in the National league instead of the American league. And McDonald has the stuff to dominate. The bullpen is very solid. No doubt the West belongs to LA

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    Atlanta Braves - Braves Baseball Clubhouse - ESPN

Most exciting year to be a Braves fan in a while. The only thing I'm slightly worried about is the hype is out of control but dude looks like as close to a sure thing as there can be. Its not just that he's big and strong, can hit it a mile, can run and throw, he's got amazing plate discipline, he's had I believe at least one walk every spring training game, he just doesn't swing at bad pitches.

Lineup I would go with

1)Nate McClouth CF-not really a leadoff guy but meh, we don't really have one
    2)Jason Heyward RF-maybe too far up in the lineup considering he can drive in runs but he just gets on base so much
    3)Chipper Jones 3B
    4)Troy Glaus 1B
    5)Brian McCann C
    6)Yunel Escobar SS
    7)Martin Prado 2B
    Matt Diaz/Melky Cabrera LF

Staff
    Tommy Hanson
    Jair Jurrgens
    Tim Hudson
    Kenshin Kawakami
    Derek Lowe

Peter Moylan, Kris Medlen, Eric O'Flaherty, Jesse Chavez, Matt Dunn, Takashi Saito, Billy Wagner

I'm thinking playoffs. I know no one cares.
    Hate to disagree with you but if I was the Braves this is what I'd roll out

1. McLouth
    2. Escobar
    3. McCann
    4. Chipper
    5. Heyward
    6. Glaus
    7. LF
    8. Prado
    9. P

That puts more average/OBP/speed at 1-2 and protects Heyward by placing him between some big PROVEN bats Chipper and Glaus.

My BoSox are going to put this on the field

1. Ellsbury
    2. Pedroia
    3. Drew
    4. Martinez
    5. Youkilis
    6. Ortiz
    7. Beltre
    8. Cameron
    9. Scutaro

SP
    1. Beckett
    2. Lester
    3. Lackey
    4. Matsuzaka
    5. Wakefield
    6/Spot Starter: Buchholz
    Last edited by El Kabong; 03-09-2010 at 10:58 AM.

Thread Information