Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Another thing effecting training :@

Well another thing effecting my training im getting sick now. Just back from a 2mile run and i cant undnerstand this muscles in my ankles are really sore doing roadwork it seems like after around 0.9/1.2mile they start really hurting
    • Soleus
      Extensor digitorum longus
    seem to be the ones that giving me bother. I cant say its because im not sed to running as i have been in athletics for around 3years sprinting.anythoughts and hho wi can improve the muscles make them stronger as im guessing this is what the problem is (There weak) I just cant understand why as there used 3times a week.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Another thing effecting training :@

Footwear?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

adidas climacools canny new thats first thing i thought

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could be caused by tight fascia, try a foot roll (you can use dumbells) on the arch to release it, if it's tender then that's a sign that it's either knotted, inflamed or both - either way rolling and icing will probably help as would trying to relieve any knots on your posterior lower limb muscles.

Try foam rolling.

Have you had somebody assess your gate? you could be over or under pronating or something.

This may sound slightly stupid - I had a personal training client, he was an older guy and was trying to get his fitness back (he was a football referee, full pitch 90 minutes). He was complaining to me of tenderness in the arch of his feet and instability in his ankle. He worked as a security guard to he spent a lot of his day on his feet obviously during football he had appropriate footwear but I learned that he had started wearing new work shoes - they were a really loose fit on him.

Basically from what I guessed the stabalising muscles around the ankle joint (that insert into the fascia under his foot) were getting overworked because of the instability loose shoes were causing (especially seeing as he was walking up stairs a lot at work - plantar flexion from the soleuos on an unstable surface) I gave him some exercises to strengthen the joint but what really sorted it (once I'd cottoned on he'd changed his work shoes) was getting smaller shoes and ensure that they were laced up properly...

It's unlikely, because you're younger but try making sure that your training and everyday foot wear is tight enough.
    Last edited by AdamGB; 03-17-2010 at 11:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cheers Adam yeah its not as bad. I have made sure i have tightend the space in my foot. Tied the laces correct ect. Also been doing alot of Stretching mobility movments before and after this has helped alot. Im guessing its just because im not used to the Agro on my feet as i was running max 200m Anyway i hope the problem goes away with the constent training ect.

Thanks again Adam.

Thread Information