Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default F#%k the ring magazine

Wow, they are such assholes. I can understand giving Mayweather a portion of the blame, but the magazine basically blames him for the whole reason Mayweather-Pacquiao fell apart when it was at most 50/50 if not more Pacquiao's fault that it didn't happen. They have poor excuses for why they believe Mayweather is at fault, and they are as a biased as Dan Rafael. As for who was scared of whom, can somebody refresh my memory on who fought Clottey and who is fighting Mosley? In hind sight its easy to say Mayweather has ducked everyone, but at the time he fought the right people at the right time, when they were considered among the most challenging options for him. Baldomir was considered the top welterweight when Mayweather fought him(and made the same offer Margarito did at the time of $8million minimum to fight). Oscar just destroyed Mayorga and Floyd moved up to face him. Hatton was the p4p best guy around those divisions when Floyd fought him, and yes Hatton was bigger than him.

I'm not trying to say Floyd has faced everyone or even has close to the resume Pacquiao, Ray Leonard, Hearns, Duran, etc. have, but he has foughten a lot of good fighters and shouldn't be considered a guy who ducks opposition. As is shown with this fight against Mosley, he is willing to fight anyone, sure it the right money needs to be involved, but Floyd isn't afraid to fight anyone in boxing. It just needs to make sense financially.
    Last edited by CutMeMick; 03-23-2010 at 04:43 AM.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fuck the ring magazine

Surprised as I thought they would side with Floyd with the Oscar connection to the mag.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Oscar connection is wholly overblown as anyone who actually reads the Ring should do.

What article are you referring to Taeth?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What issue is that Taeth I have a subscription to the ring and as far as articles regarding this topic it blames both Manny and PBF equally.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the one with Timothy Bradley on the cover.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyds never asked any of his other 40 odd opponents to take tests, and rightly so, he has no right to.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's just one writers opinion. Not the whole magazines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think the blame is with either fighter, they didn't want this fight to happen that quick, they needed more time for what everyone calls the biggest fight in a couple decades so maybe November or December if Pac agrees to testing.

Their is a precedent for this testing now but for the next six month's there is no point in mentioning it anymore so I'm all done even thinking about it after I hit the submit button on this post.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah that was just an opinion column that blamed it all on Mayweather, the actual "Death of a Superfight" article was much less biased.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    Floyds never asked any of his other 40 odd opponents to take tests, and rightly so, he has no right to.

How many of Pacquaio's previous opponents did he make pay 10 MILLION BUCKS for every pound they weighed in overweight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post

How many of Pacquaio's previous opponents did he make pay 10 MILLION BUCKS for every pound they weighed in overweight?
    Floyd disrespected the contracted weight limit of 144 lbs in his last fight vs a lightweight champion (Marquez). He choose to pay 600 grand to take away Marquez's lone advantage. This is precedent. This is what Floyd can do.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually either of them can demand whatever the fck they want because that's what being in America lets them do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    Actually either of them can demand whatever the fck they want because that's what being in America lets them do.
    Ha ha ha ha. Great point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Wow, they are such assholes. I can understand giving Mayweather a portion of the blame, but the magazine basically blames him for the whole reason Mayweather-Pacquiao fell apart when it was at most 50/50 if not more Pacquiao's fault that it didn't happen. They have poor excuses for why they believe Mayweather is at fault, and they are as a biased as Dan Rafael. As for who was scared of whom, can somebody refresh my memory on who fought Clottey and who is fighting Mosley? In hind sight its easy to say Mayweather has ducked everyone, but at the time he fought the right people at the right time, when they were considered among the most challenging options for him. Baldomir was considered the top welterweight when Mayweather fought him(and made the same offer Margarito did at the time of $8million minimum to fight). Oscar just destroyed Mayorga and Floyd moved up to face him. Hatton was the p4p best guy around those divisions when Floyd fought him, and yes Hatton was bigger than him.

I'm not trying to say Floyd has faced everyone or even has close to the resume Pacquiao, Ray Leonard, Hearns, Duran, etc. have, but he has foughten a lot of good fighters and shouldn't be considered a guy who ducks opposition. As is shown with this fight against Mosley, he is willing to fight anyone, sure it the right money needs to be involved, but Floyd isn't afraid to fight anyone in boxing. It just needs to make sense financially.
    THAT'S CALLED SUBJECTIVE JOURNALISM WHICH SHOULD BE PRACTICED BTW.
    For example, i won't complain that you're not even blaming both for all of this. Pac has reasons. In the em-pac1 didn't you know that they took his blood twice? The first blood transfusion suddenly went missing from the doctor's records so a week before the fight they took blood again from him the second time. Thus his reason why he felt weak during the fight and didn't seem to hurt EM at all! Add the fact the headbutt too. There is a video of that as a proof, right after the fight way back in 2005.
    Also if both had blood taken from them who do you think would benefit more? It's pbf since he weighs as a middleweight before fights. Pac's frame is welterweight at best.
    See? That's what happens when you believe a crackhead's delusions. And then you complain when a journalist doesn't favor your opinions. At least basing it on pac's arguments he has basis to back up his claims. That's the answer to your questions why pac backed off. Give me a concrete evidence on pbf sr.'s a-side meth claims and i'll wear a hello kitty avatar.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The first blood transfusion suddenly went missing from the doctor's records so a week before the fight they took blood again from him the second time. Thus his reason why he felt weak during the fight and didn't seem to hurt EM at all!

Knocking down JMM doesn't seem like something a weak fighter would be able to do. If something weakened Pac it was probably JMM's punches.

Thread Information