Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Police brutality or not?

This video has become a very big deal around here in the last few days and it has turned into a police scandal. It shows some Victoria, BC (where I live) cops roughing up some guys pretty good. The kicks seem pretty egregious, but honestly I'd rather be kicked than tased. Not that either is something I intend to experience any time soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5I7IBd_MmM

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Police brutality or not?

That second guy appeared to be passive and responding to the police quite reasonably and then that officer kicked and gave him the knee a number of times. That is police brutality and that officer should be forced to look for a new career.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate police officers who take things too far. When I was about 18 I spent the night in a cell for calling a police officer a wanker. I didn't threaten him or do anything more, I simply called him a wanker and he told me to repeat it. So I did. Handcuffed in seconds and a night in a cell. These officers would have kicked me to bits as well. It's just not called for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lolkicks.

Honestly those kicks were more taps, but that cop is thick in the head for doing it so unnecessarily especially with all the cameras/people around.

The guys that got kicked have a pretty good basis to make some money from a settlement.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Police brutality. The guy at around the 30 sec mark was fully complying and didn't deserve to get rough up like that.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TO this point: Full brutality. the guy complies and doesn't act in a belligerent way!
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was not brutal enough, officer would explain that in court as reasonable force. Hell if they can get off for the Rodney King beating they can get away with anything.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think it is brutality....When the cop went to handcuff him he should have laid down and put his hands behind his back with no hesitation. Dont try and ask the cop why you are being handcuffed.

I have a few friends that are cops in the city of chicago and their jobs are not easy.......When you have a couple situations where you go to arrest someone and they jack you in the face and break your nose or give you a nice shiner and try and take your gun or their friend jumps on your back, you tend to go the route of manhandling them and get them cuffed ASAP.

Keep in mind people getting handcuffed in most situations did something wrong or put themselves in a situation where they looked suspicious and shouldnt expect to be handled like a baby.

Back in the 50s, 60s, 70s, that kick would have been replaced with a nightstick.....

People are too politically correct these days.....
    Last edited by Hunter; 03-27-2010 at 06:14 PM.
    PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals
    The only Acceptable Gun Control Law: Always use two hands when firing.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    I dont think it is brutality....When the cop went to handcuff him he should have laid down and put his hands behind his back with no hesitation. Dont try and ask the cop why you are being handcuffed.

I have a few friends that are cops in the city of chicago and their jobs are not easy.......When you have a couple situations where you go to arrest someone and they jack you in the face and break your nose or give you a nice shiner and try and take your gun or their friend jumps on your back, you tend to go the route of manhandling them and get them cuffed ASAP.

Keep in mind people getting handcuffed in most situations did something wrong or put themselves in a situation where they looked suspicious and shouldnt expect to be handled like a baby.

Back in the 50s, 60s, 70s, that kick would have been replaced with a nightstick.....

What does being kicked in the back and sides whilst you are down on the floor have to with political correctness? I understand that the police don't have an easy job, but to suggest it is about political correctness is bullshit.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From the looks of it that was absolutely 100% needless violence. Wankers.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

What does being kicked in the back and sides whilst you are down on the floor have to with political correctness? I understand that the police don't have an easy job, but to suggest it is about political correctness is bullshit.
    The fact the criminals have to be treated with kid gloves for me is political correctness and is bullshit. I am tired of hearing stories about criminals who are sueing because they were treated too rough by the police.....If you dont like it dont put yourself in the situation. If you smart off to the cops and they slam you a little harder onto the hood who gives a crap. You asked for it....if you dont comply immediately and they kick you in the ribs, good for the cops...

The guy in the video did not go down right away, he looked like he was trying to plead his case/ask questions about getting handcuffed.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fact the criminals have to be treated with kid gloves for me is political correctness and is bullshit.

he looked like he was trying to plead his case/ask questions about getting handcuffed.

So should we just fuk off " innocent until proven guilty then?

That would eventually create Anarchy.

These cops broke their own law, it would be smart if it was upheld at their expense.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post

The fact the criminals have to be treated with kid gloves for me is political correctness and is bullshit.

he looked like he was trying to plead his case/ask questions about getting handcuffed.

So should we just fuk off " innocent until proven guilty then?

That would eventually create Anarchy.

These cops broke their own law, it would be smart if it was upheld at their expense.
    Are you writing this from a prison cell?

When a cop slaps cuffs on you it is not a guilty verdict, it is to get a situation under control.

the guy put himself in a bad situation and got a little bruised up, he will live and be fine. Maybe he will learn a lesson.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Police works for the people. Not the other way around.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A lot of cops are just dicks, those cops especially the dude in the yellow jacket seemed to be that way. With that said, I've seen worse with my own eyes. It's just the job it conditions some of them to have that alpha-male complex when dealing with a situation. It's a reality, bullshit but when we hire a whole force there are bound to be these people, it reflects bad on better cops.

Thread Information