Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Was the DQ justified?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Abraham - Justified DQ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Abraham - Justified DQ?

Hi All,

I have to admit that I haven't seen the fight. That said, I'm wondering if Cole was justified in calling this a DQ. If, in fact, it was a justifiable DQ, what the hell did Abraham do to get DQ'd?

Absolutely puzzling from what I've read so far. Very curious to read to some unbiased opinions from members in the know.

Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Abraham - Justified DQ?

Dirrell slipped, was on one knee and Abraham was standing over him, reared back and hit him with a hard flush right hook.

No brainer DQ. Cole sucks but even he couldn't screw that up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    Dirrell slipped, was on one knee and Abraham was standing over him, reared back and hit him with a hard flush right hook.

No brainer DQ. Cole sucks but even he couldn't screw that up.
    The only reason I was suspect about this is because Cole was the third man in the ring, and has made outlandish displays of ineptitude in the past.

But from what you say, that was completely uncalled for and Abraham deserved the DQ.

Can't wait to see the bout.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I mean its not like ten seconds passed or anything between the time that Dirrell slipped and the time that AA threw the punch but it was clearly late and Dirrell was clearly down. The controversy is more over whether Dirrell acted more hurt than he was than whether it was a good or bad call by Cole.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was a pretty clear cut DQ IMO. I mean he paused made sure Dirrell was down and then hit him.

Cole did miss a knockdown from each fighter. But the DQ was the correct call.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck yes it was justified. Anyone who says otherwise is a gibbering idiot or so ridiculously biased that their opinion is worthless. He hit an opponent when he was down and in a vulnerable position and clearly thought about it before hand. It wasn't like he was in the midst of punching when Dirrell went down, he saw he was down, thought about it, and them he hit him.

I'm a huge Abraham fan, or at least I was, but that was a chicken-shit move and he acted like a classless asshole afterwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whatever the outcome, Cole is an inept jackass and has no business officiating prize-fights. I can't stand Cole.

That said, AA sounds like a real TOOL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Hi All,

I have to admit that I haven't seen the fight. That said, I'm wondering if Cole was justified in calling this a DQ. If, in fact, it was a justifiable DQ, what the hell did Abraham do to get DQ'd?

Absolutely puzzling from what I've read so far. Very curious to read to some unbiased opinions from members in the know.

Thanks in advance
    Forget about Cole. His best judgement wouldn't even be quick enough to stop AA IF he wanted to punch dirrell a second or third time when dirrell is down. Not that I'm saying AA would do that. Just that I've long been doubting Cole's ability to be a boxing ref.

He was justified in calling a DQ (after like a whole minute has gone by). Abraham punched dirrell while he was down on his knees from a slip. It was clearly an illegal punch. AA could argue how dirrell is the best actor in the place tonight but it was clearly an illegal punch that deserves a DQ.

I'm a fan of AA. I even jumped off my seat when I thought he landed a clean punch that landed dirrell on the canvass. So I am a bit biased. But I would be the first to admit he deserved that DQ loss.

Edit: Btw, can you add an option where it says "It was justified - Cole is a moron." I'd definitely vote for that.
    Last edited by arcanum26; 03-28-2010 at 07:37 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DQ.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cole is definitely a moron. I can't believe he's still considered a legitimate ref after the JMM - Jaca fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Cole is definitely a moron. I can't believe he's still considered a legitimate ref after the JMM - Jaca fight.

With you with that one, brother. Cole is fool, and has no business officiating a fight. I wouldn't want this guy officiating amateur bouts, as I think he's dangerous for the sport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, seems unanimous. I would like to have a look myself, as I had a high opinion of AA. However, in light of this, my opinion of him has radically changed. That's a pretty turd-like thing to do to a defenseless fighter.

After all, these guys put their lives on the line every time the enter the ring.
    AA should be sanctioned and made to reflect on such un-sportsmanship conduct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    100% agree with you on this one. Cole just doesn't have the eye or the reflexes or the intuition of a decent boxing ref. He makes a lot of obvious mistakes that a lot of his peers wouldn't even make while in their sleep.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Well, seems unanimous. I would like to have a look myself, as I had a high opinion of AA. However, in light of this, my opinion of him has radically changed. That's a pretty turd-like thing to do to a defenseless fighter.

After all, these guys put their lives on the line every time the enter the ring.
    AA should be sanctioned and made to reflect on such un-sportsmanship conduct.
    Killer posted a link to a video of the end of the fight in the stickied thread. It won't be up for long, but I'd think you should be able to watch it right now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cole has made some bad mistakes in the past admittedly, but he was legit in this fight. The only thing I dont like was when he stopped Abraham when he had em in the corner.

Thread Information