Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default David Haye another Amir Con? Manufactured "champ?"

David Haye in my opinion is another Amir Khan or should I say Con?

Just like Con boy he picks up an alphabet strap by fighting the worst champion in the division in Con boy's case it was Kotelnik, in Haye's case Valuev. Valuev retained his belt via controversial decision against Holyfield and Kotelnik via controversial decision against Maidana. Just like Con boy he is also the holder of the WBA belt. Arguably the worst major organization out there with super champions and interim champions. And he also defended his strap against a weak mandatory, in Con boy's case Salita and Haye's case Ruiz (now all of a sudden people are acting like Ruiz was elite.)

Haye and Con boy also ducked the real champ of the division and the elite contenders. Con boy ducks Maidana, an somewhat elite contender with dangerous power, and Tim Bradley considered by many to be the man of the 140 pounders. Haye ducks an elite contender in Vitali (with the WBC strap) and punked out against the champ/man of the HW division, Wladimir.

Haye just like con boy gets hyped up, so called savior of the HW division and will supposedly beat the Klit Bros easily.

Both Con boy and Haye are what boxing fans like me would like to called manufactured "champs." And please stop calling Haye the HW champ, he's not, that's like calling Con boy 140 pound champ, he's not. Last I checked Wladimir is still the man at HW and Bradley is the man at 140. Having a trinket don't mean shit in today's boxing.

What I just typed out is the truth. Ain't no exaggerating anything.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Haye another Amir Con? Manufactured "champ?"

Like most boxing fans I wanted to like Haye, because he's EXCITING (when he choses to be), he hits hard and he has some charisma.

But I think its pretty evident that he's a master at self promotion, and for all his trash talk, I don't think he wants to be in the same ring as either Klitchsko brother.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post

Just like Con boy he picks up an alphabet strap by fighting the worst champion in the division in Con boy's case it was Kotelnik, in Haye's case Valuev. Valuev retained his belt via controversial decision against Holyfield and Kotelnik via controversial decision against Maidana. Just like Con boy he is also the holder of the WBA belt. Arguably the worst major organization out there with super champions and interim champions. And he also defended his strap against a weak mandatory, in Con boy's case Salita and Haye's case Ruiz (now all of a sudden people are acting like Ruiz was elite.)

Haye and Con boy also ducked the real champ of the division and the elite contenders. Con boy ducks Maidana, an somewhat elite contender with dangerous power, and Tim Bradley considered by many to be the man of the 140 pounders. Haye ducks an elite contender in Vitali (with the WBC strap) and punked out against the champ/man of the HW division, Wladimir.

Haye just like con boy gets hyped up, so called savior of the HW division and will supposedly beat the Klit Bros easily.

Both Con boy and Haye are what boxing fans like me would like to called manufactured "champs." And please stop calling Haye the HW champ, he's not, that's like calling Con boy 140 pound champ, he's not. Last I checked Wladimir is still the man at HW and Bradley is the man at 140.

Well actually its an opinion, but i respect you for your opinion. But i would just like to point out a few things, David Haye has took on some dangerous opponents at Cruiserweight like Jean Marc Mormeck, Giacobbe Fragomeni.

David Haye only took 3 fights to win a world title at Heavyweight, i think thats impressive considering he has to grow into the division. Being a former Cruiserweight, it takes awhile for your body to adjust moving up, so much in weight like David Haye did.

David Haye had to take the John Ruiz, that isn't his fault so you can't blame him for that.

I think its too early to start hating on David Haye, he hasn't been a Heavyweight long enough yet. lets see what he does in the next 12 months first.

Lastly David Haye is exciting and he is a character. Which the Heavyweight division hasn't got, clearly at the moment. I think people who root for him, are hoping he can put some life back in the division.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both Con boy and Haye are what boxing fans like me would like to called manufactured "champs." And please stop calling Haye the HW champ, he's not, that's like calling Con boy 140 pound champ, he's not. Last I checked Wladimir is still the man at HW and Bradley is the man at 140. Having a trinket don't mean shit in today's boxing.

Your timing with this topic just come off as sour grapes for me.
    Haye wins a fight and now you feel the need to start a little Haye hating eh?

Champs, manufactured or not are still champs. If it was so easy then everyone would do it now wouldn't they? Ah right, but they can't.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaspy3 View Post

Champs, manufactured or not are still champs. If it was so easy then everyone would do it now wouldn't they? Ah right, but they can't.

And what I said is the truth isn't it? Didn't he punked out against Wlad and Vitali? Was Valuev not the worst titleholder at HW? Was Ruiz not a weak mandatory? Which part did I exaggerate or lie?

And ICB, his record at cruiserweight means didlely squat at HW. He's going to have to prove himself at HW

El Kabong Guest

First off, the guy has done just a tiny bit better than I thought he would do. He's never going to be as good as he proclaims he will be, he's not coming close to acheiving what Holyfield did, inspite of whatever poor state the division is in and the even poorer state the WBA portion of the division is in.

Secondly and most importantly, anyone fighting for the WBA title and in their "little league" (because none of the top 10 WBA contenders fight in the "real division") I have serious doubts about.

I have 0 worries about a fight vs Wladimir. Wlad is too much on his game right now and won't lose for a loooong time. Vitali may be on the edge, he certainly isn't as sharp as he used to be, I would be happy if the Sosnowski fight was his last

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And what I said is the truth isn't it? Didn't he punked out against Wlad and Vitali? Was Valuev not the worst titleholder at HW? Was Ruiz not a weak mandatory? Which part did I exaggerate or lie?

And ICB, his record at cruiserweight means didlely squat at HW. He's going to have to prove himself at HW
    It does mean he hasnt cherry picked his opponents like Khan otherwise he would never had unified the cruiserweight division!Khan hasnt done anything close to what Haye has achieved! Its a joke to even think of this. Plus you never specified if you were only talking about his HW campaign!
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It makes no sense to say that Haye needs to prove himself at HW, if everytime he has a HW fight someone going to come along and say that the win doesnt mean anything, and he is a manufactured champ.

And the issue about pulling out of the fights with the Klitschkos is debatable. Other people have already debated this and I dont want to touch it, because it will not get us anywhere. But to say that Haye "punked out" is to stating your opinion, not necessarily fact.

The only real proof will come when the fight with a Klitschko happens. So why cant people just be patient and let it happen? Just because it didnt happen does not mean that it will not happen. (ie Mayweather Pacqiauo)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

Well actually its an opinion, but i respect you for your opinion. But i would just like to point out a few things, David Haye has took on some dangerous opponents at Cruiserweight like Jean Marc Mormeck, Giacobbe Fragomeni.

David Haye only took 3 fights to win a world title at Heavyweight, i think thats impressive considering he has to grow into the division. Being a former Cruiserweight, it takes awhile for your body to adjust moving up, so much in weight like David Haye did.

David Haye had to take the John Ruiz, that isn't his fault so you can't blame him for that.

I think its too early to start hating on David Haye, he hasn't been a Heavyweight long enough yet. lets see what he does in the next 12 months first.

Lastly David Haye is exciting and he is a character. Which the Heavyweight division hasn't got, clearly at the moment. I think people who root for him, are hoping he can put some life back in the division.

This accurately portrays my thoughts on the matter. ^

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye is a legitimate fighter and proved he was the best at Cruiser-weight. He may not beat the Klit brothers but he has beat the other rivals and at least making it interesting for the time being. He is not a manufactured fighter, in fact he is getting better and more experienced. I would have a couple more defenses and then take the Klits.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bradley and Wlad are manufactured champs too.

Pac was the last MAN at 140. To get a NEW man the one and two have to fight. That's not happened. Therefore Bradley is just a toilet belt holder like Khan.

Wlad became THE man beating a replacement in Chagaev. The only reason Chagaev was worthy for a THE MAN fight is Wlad can't fight Vitali. Is there anyone on earth that rates Chagaev above Vitali? I don't think so. Wlad is about as phony a THE MAN champ as there has ever been
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

El Kabong Guest

I think there are dangerous fights for him in this division outside of the Klitschko brothers. But given the performances vs Valuev and Ruiz I am in no way worried about a fight vs Wladimir. For someone thought of as "quick and powerful" he throws long wide punches one at a time and that is just a style begging to be exploited by a solid jab and good defense.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It makes no sense to say that Haye needs to prove himself at HW, if everytime he has a HW fight someone going to come along and say that the win doesnt mean anything, and he is a manufactured champ.

And the issue about pulling out of the fights with the Klitschkos is debatable. Other people have already debated this and I dont want to touch it, because it will not get us anywhere. But to say that Haye "punked out" is to stating your opinion, not necessarily fact.

The only real proof will come when the fight with a Klitschko happens. So why cant people just be patient and let it happen? Just because it didnt happen does not mean that it will not happen. (ie Mayweather Pacqiauo)
    Wait a minute. The people on this board are saying that Haye is the savior of the HW division and that he easily and definitely beats the Klitschkos easy. So he doesn't need to prove himself by taking on the Klitschkos?
    Most people here are saying he's the HW champ? So shouldn't the HW champ prove it in the ring against the Klitschko who have dominated the division for a while now?

@Fenster
    Pac may be the last man at 140 and we all know he's not fighting there again, but it is generally recognized that Bradley is the defacto "man" at 140 right now, the guy to beat. Surely you're not suggesting that Con boy is more legitimate than Bradley at 140?

And Haye at the HW division just like Khan at 140 is a manufactured champ. People should Stop bringing up his cruiserweight reign, it means didley squat at HW. By that logic we might as well used Pac's reign at 130 to say that he's accomplished a lot at Welterweight.

Mark my words, Haye will be fighting a Eddie Chambers, Adamek, guys that are iffy at HW. He's going to avoid the Klits for the next 2 years and hopes that they either lose, become shot, or in serious decline to take them on. He for sure ain't taking on a Arreola either or even a Povetkin.

BTW, it's kind of funny that many on this board has been calling either Pac or Mayweather as cherry picking fighters that don't take real challenges, but for Haye everything's a-okay with the Klitschko debacle and his little foray into the HW division fighting guys like Barret, Ruiz, etc.
    Last edited by generalbulldog; 04-04-2010 at 05:54 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    I think there are dangerous fights for him in this division outside of the Klitschko brothers. But given the performances vs Valuev and Ruiz I am in no way worried about a fight vs Wladimir. For someone thought of as "quick and powerful" he throws long wide punches one at a time and that is just a style begging to be exploited by a solid jab and good defense.
    Well Lyle remember the last man Wlad fought with GENUINE power and hand speed?? It was Corey Sanders (the same man who couldn't stop British CW Johnny Nelson) and what happened there?? Wlad got the shite knocked out of him. Now to me Wlad is the one begging to be exploited by Hayes strengths. And if you think Haye will fight either Klitschko in the manner of any of his other HW fights then your totally delusional. We all know boxing is a game of tactics and skill and at the moment Haye is quickly developing in both skill and ability to follow a tactical game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

manufactured champ.WTF ur gonna have to explain this term to me bulldog.ur normally a decent poster.u say like he haye was just givin the titles. u still have to go thru he'll in training and get in and win the belt. David haye has done this , and been nothing other than impressive on route to the heavy weight title. I just see this thread as pure hate. It really is silly

Thread Information