Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ruiz: "Haye is a credit to British Boxing. Worthy champ"

Couldn't decide which of the numerous Haye threads to post it in so figured I'd create another!

For the record I have no doubt Haye will fight the Klits, he really does want to be unified champ. Very honest interview from Haye, admits to his flaws. Big props to Ruiz too, very gracious in defeat. He also says Haye is the quickeest he has ever fought...

Ruiz: "Haye is a Credit to British Boxing, Worthy Champ" - Boxing News
    "He was convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard"

- Mike Tyson Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ruiz: "Haye is a credit to British Boxing. Worthy champ"

Haye is the best thing to happen to Heavyweight boxing in many a year for me. He has the speed of a middleweight and hits like a fukking truck. He completey dismantled Ruiz in clinical fashion. And for me, what was most impressive is that there is still alot he can improve upon. He isnt the finished article, but the few slight pieces that are missing are easily rectified.
    Some people say boxing is a matter of life or death, it's not, it's far more important than that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow!! Faster than RJJ?? I doubt that but Hayes 3 and 4 punch combos were very quick and to say he had no sparring his timing was brilliant. Only thing that really stood out from his lack of sparring was his head movement, it was clear he hadn't been practicing his head movement vs a live opponent, so i can only see big improvement in his next performance, though it was a good performance anyway considering the disadvantage.

I'm really happy at the minute with what Haye has brought back to the glamour division, people are talking about the division whether they like Haye or not and he is in talks with HBO this week and is more than likely going to sign a contract with them so he may have to start fighting in the U.S. although I really hope he does fight at Wembley against one of the Klits soon I just see it being in America.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Couldn't decide which of the numerous Haye threads to post it in so figured I'd create another!

For the record I have no doubt Haye will fight the Klits, he really does want to be unified champ. Very honest interview from Haye, admits to his flaws. Big props to Ruiz too, very gracious in defeat. He also says Haye is the quickeest he has ever fought...

Hmm Ruiz must be suffering head injuries, the quickest he has fought was without a doubt roy jones. I saw the highlights and Haye has no where near the speed of Roy.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post

Hmm Ruiz must be suffering head injuries, the quickest he has fought was without a doubt roy jones. I saw the highlights and Haye has no where near the speed of Roy.
    To be fair Roy is the fastest fighter p4p the sport has EVER seen, and i'm just assuming that Ruiz was just accepting that everyone would realise he was talking as though Roy wasn't included in that theory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't used to like Ruiz, but he regularly proves he's a quality humble gent... Does not pretend he's a greater champ than he is and is humble with winning or losing...

Haye needs to step up now and silence all the critics.. Then take a bite of humble pie in his victory so that he can get a bit of respect outside the ring as well...
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I must say I thought that Haye's entrance was probably the 'coolest' entrance I have ever seen. I dont mean the most spectacular ala Jones Jnr or Naz in their prime, there was no razzzle dazzle as he made his walk to the ring, just pure 'coolness' of the highest order. He reminded me of Eric Cantona after he scored that chip against Sunderland. He just had that awe, that air of coolness personified. He just looked around with his head held high, giving it the old, yeah, I'm the fukkng Daddy, everyone look at me.

Haye could have drank boiling hot water and pissed ice-cubes he was that cool. This type of charisma has been missing from the Heavyweight division for years. And it's badly needed in a division renown for being dull at best.
    Some people say boxing is a matter of life or death, it's not, it's far more important than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe Ruiz has gotten so much slower in the years since losing to Roy that Haye seemed faster to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I'm sure he must of meant after Roy he's the fastest he's faced. Definately the quickest with power tho

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fact Haye is now seriously being spoken about in the same breath as Jones says it all, he looked very, very good on Sat night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye doesnt have Roy's speed, but Roy was never a Heavyweight. Haye is lightening quick, and although certainly not one of the modern era's breed of superheavyweights, still is big enough to jusitfy his inclusion within the division. There is no coincidence that all of Haye's opponents at heavyweight have been caught completely out of the blue by his speed and hurt early on, usually within the first couple of punches thrown. His speed will cause serious issues for the big guys, and his punches carry some fierce snap. If his chin holds out, Haye is one seriously dangerous argument to contend with. I just hope he doesnt let it all go to his head like he did with Thompson, and slip up again. Hopefully he has learnt his lesson, because in this division, he will get hurt if he is not 100% focused.
    Last edited by Jimmy G-Force; 04-05-2010 at 02:36 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy G-Force View Post
    Haye doesnt have Roy's speed, but Roy was never a Heavyweight. Haye is lightening quick, and although certainly not one of the modern era's breed of superheavyweights, still is big enough to jusitfy his inclusion within the division. There is no coincidence that all of Haye's opponents at heavyweight have been caught completely out of the blue by his speed and hurt early on, usually within the first couple of punches thrown. His speed will cause serious issues for the big guys, and his punches carry some fierce snap. If his chin hold out, Haye is one seriously dangerous argument to contend with. I just hope he doesnt let it all go to his head like he did with Thompson, and slip up again. Hopefully he has learnt his lesson, because in this division, he will get hurt if he is not 100% focused.
    Thats my worry, he doesn't get caught up in "Hatton Mania" as it should now be known. When a fighter gets caught up in his own abilities after being put on a throne by fans.

With that poor defence, the jab/ straight right combo from either Klitscho would be quick enough to get through and hurt him.

He seems a far more focused boxer now than years ago so I'm sure he can take the pressure and not lose the plot in the ring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm sure haye will keep his feet on the ground.he seems too have a very solid team around him.I'm very impressed with Adam booth he seems a very straight up type of person and very tactically astute

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by paddy448 View Post
    I'm sure haye will keep his feet on the ground.he seems too have a very solid team around him.I'm very impressed with Adam booth he seems a very straight up type of person and very tactically astute
    Although he oozes campness, in a Glee kind of way. Anyone else think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    Wow!! Faster than RJJ?? I doubt that but Hayes 3 and 4 punch combos were very quick and to say he had no sparring his timing was brilliant. Only thing that really stood out from his lack of sparring was his head movement, it was clear he hadn't been practicing his head movement vs a live opponent, so i can only see big improvement in his next performance, though it was a good performance anyway considering the disadvantage.

I'm really happy at the minute with what Haye has brought back to the glamour division, people are talking about the division whether they like Haye or not and he is in talks with HBO this week and is more than likely going to sign a contract with them so he may have to start fighting in the U.S. although I really hope he does fight at Wembley against one of the Klits soon I just see it being in America.
    He isn't faster than Roy, watch both fight and its very clear. But he threw more combinations and he has a longer reach and Ruiz is 6 years older.

Thread Information