Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default SaddoBoxing Rates the Fight: Haye-vs-Ruiz

Again....
    If you can try to vote based on the fight itself rather than the how the fight met up with your expectations of how you thought it might go.

This isn't something I will pursue fanatically but i would encourage anyone else who is interested to go ahead and do the same thing for any recent fights that they might be interested in.

Lastly, the poll WILL be public... That way, if one hasn't voted, one can assume one hasn't seen the fight

Nice. So let’s begin.

David Haye vs John Ruiz

How did you rate the Fight?
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: SaddoBoxing Rates the Fight: Haye-vs-Ruiz

I voted good fight.
    Looked better on TV than it did in the arena, but any fight with 4 knockdowns deserves the "good fight" tag. To be honest a lot of respect has to go to Ruiz for taking the punishment he did. Just check out the flurry he took after about a minute of the 5th round, truely unbelievable as the right hand of Haye would have knocked out a horse.
    24 Beers in a slab, 24 hours in the day.......go figure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good Fight. I for one don't like Haye I thought he was a complete hype job, but he did prove me wrong. Granted he did beat a 38 year old decent fighter who does have a good jaw.He did control every second of the round, he used his boxing abilities to really get away from that rough inside crap that Ruiz like to throw at you and he eventually stopped him. The only bad thing I seen was he was entirely to patient. Sure people always say The knockout will come don't rush it but Ruiz was really like a deer in head light's in the second round. His legs were rubbery and I think any solid combination would have put him down alot sooner than that one in round 5.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Aw sheet!

I forgot to make this poll public

Thanks though guys
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I finally ended up seeing it and compared to the hold fest and slow pace/Hay being measured, that I expected it was highly entertaining.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Jimboogie you are an idiot how hard is to tick the public box

I voted for an entertaining and pretty decent fight. A bit onesided, but I guess that is credit to David Haye.

I still don't like him and want to see him fail but I acknowledge that this is 100 percent due to small man complex and ugly man jealousy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I havent seen the whole fight but I voted good because I have seen most parts and highlights and like someone said earlier, a fight with 4 KDs and ends in TKO cant be all bad.

I am not a huge fan of Haye because of the trash talk and the fact that he didnt back it up when the chips were down. He backed out of the fights with Klitchkos and than fights a boring match against Valuev after all the crap he talked about bringing life to division.

But I have to say his last few interviews he seemed to be more respectable and I could see myself liking him if he fights like he did against ruiz and tunes down the trash talk.......
    PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals
    The only Acceptable Gun Control Law: Always use two hands when firing.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    I havent seen the whole fight but I voted good because I have seen most parts and highlights and like someone said earlier, a fight with 4 KDs and ends in TKO cant be all bad.

I am not a huge fan of Haye because of the trash talk and the fact that he didnt back it up when the chips were down. He backed out of the fights with Klitchkos and than fights a boring match against Valuev after all the crap he talked about bringing life to division.

But I have to say his last few interviews he seemed to be more respectable and I could see myself liking him if he fights like he did against ruiz and tunes down the trash talk.......
    Hey Hunter.... As much as i appreciate your vote. The whole point was to vote AFTER watching the fight

Go and watch the fight in full
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

very entertaining fight. The spectacle was always gonna be bigger than the actual event itself as the fight nationally had been all over the tv and papers days before

Upon watching the 1st 15seconds you had that dreaded fear you`d once again dished out a fair few quid to watch something that ends quicker than a big H lovemaking exercise

But thankfully ruiz got out of the round and was actually able to get back into the fight (had him winning round 4 anyway)
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post

Hey Hunter.... As much as i appreciate your vote. The whole point was to vote AFTER watching the fight

Go and watch the fight in full
    What good would the results be if you have to watch the whole fight before voting?

To clarify my vote was based upon watching rounds 1-3 and 7-9 in their entirety and highlights of the knockdowns in the 5th and 6th rounds. I will go back and watch 4-6 in their entirety and modify my vote as required....
    PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals
    The only Acceptable Gun Control Law: Always use two hands when firing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I voted OK....I was more or less entertained at the fact I was imagining Haye fighting a worth while fighter and with the performance he gave thinking how he would get sparked....

In truth it really shows the sad sad sad state of the HW division when David Haye is the 3rd best man there. (at least if u use titles as a judge)...

If I were to judge the HW division over the last 50 years this era and a portion of the 80's is the only times I see Haye as a HW champion...Abt the same time belts were being traded between Thomas, Berbick, Tucker, Page etc...post Holmes pre Tyson....

In the 90's Holyfield, Bowe, Lewis, would have eaten him up...IMO a prime Briggs, McCall, Mercer all beat him up....

In the 60's and 70's he woul;d have been David Who?

Thread Information