Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Any word on James Kirkland?

I know that GBP promised he would be out and fighting by early 2011 at the latest, has anyone heard anything about this recently?
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Any word on James Kirkland?

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    I know that GBP promised he would be out and fighting by early 2011 at the latest, has anyone heard anything about this recently?
    No, but just for the record, he's an idiot.

People ruin perfectly good shots at living a comfortable life and providing for their family cuz they're friggin dumb.

...posession of a fire arm. Why? Tell me why a felon is carrying a gun around... F**king idiot.

He lost 2.5 years cuz of armed robbery and now 18 months to serve. He's a good boxer but a shitty criminal. The good ones don't get caught... They at least keep their noses clean while they're on proby.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His most recent words....."Can I have your commissary"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

has he managed to keep a hold of his bar of soap??
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

James Kirkland is the Gilbert Arenas of boxing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Golden boy is having second thoughts on him from rumors I have been told...Until he has his release date and know he is settled they are being very cautious....GBP is very image conscious...They do not want to be attached to a fighter who acts like a thug...They will not throw money after him just for him to blow it either....If I am not mistaken Kirkland is a 2 time loser....And while Texas is not a 3 strike state they are harsh....Next time he gets caught doing something stupid like this he will be gone a long long time...So untilo he has done something to help improve his rep...GBP while still promoting him are not pushing him too hard either
    Last edited by DaxxKahn; 04-09-2010 at 07:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He'll be out in June. I talked to his people last week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post

People ruin perfectly good shots at living a comfortable life and providing for their family cuz they're friggin dumb.

...posession of a fire arm. Why? Tell me why a felon is carrying a gun around... F**king idiot.

He lost 2.5 years cuz of armed robbery and now 18 months to serve. He's a good boxer but a shitty criminal. The good ones don't get caught... They at least keep their noses clean while they're on proby.
    Probably the same mentality of pro football players who feel ppl are 'after them' and feel the need to arm themselves for protection. Personally, I think the thinking stems from how they grew up, but there's no excuse for millionaire athletes. You can do 2 simple things to severely reduce the possibility of being shot to death:
    1. Move
    2. Stop hanging out at the club
    Do you think Tom Brady is packing? Or Payton Manning? Why is there such a discrepancy between black and white players? It's the mentality. Nobody is coming after you if you live in the 'burbs. Thugs don't like to travel.

Now I don't know about Kirkland because he was still coming up. Maybe he was still in the hood. But at least have the common sense to be licensed for carrying a firearm and if you can't legally carry one, have at least one homie who can. If I made it big, I swear you couldn't catch me doing anything illegal. I would drop every single person out of my life who might cause me trouble. If I went to prison, rest assured I was framed. James seemed like a really nice guy who did something stupid, but he compounded it with more stupid.

Considering GBP East is headed up by an ex-con they can't be too concerned about image.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post

Probably the same mentality of pro football players who feel ppl are 'after them' and feel the need to arm themselves for protection. Personally, I think the thinking stems from how they grew up, but there's no excuse for millionaire athletes. You can do 2 simple things to severely reduce the possibility of being shot to death:
    1. Move
    Do you think Tom Brady is packing? Or Payton Manning? Why is there such a discrepancy between black and white players? It's the mentality. Nobody is coming after you if you live in the 'burbs. Thugs don't like to travel.

Now I don't know about Kirkland because he was still coming up. Maybe he was still in the hood. But at least have the common sense to be licensed for carrying a firearm and if you can't legally carry one, have at least one homie who can. If I made it big, I swear you couldn't catch me doing anything illegal. I would drop every single person out of my life who might cause me trouble. If I went to prison, rest assured I was framed. James seemed like a really nice guy who did something stupid, but he compounded it with more stupid.

Considering GBP East is headed up by an ex-con they can't be too concerned about image.
    Agreed
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post

1. Move

That ex con has accomplished what exactly since then? He is not an up coming fighter whop can't manage to not carry a gun...and it was pretty publicized

Thread Information