Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default USADA Drug Testing of Floyd and Mosley

I have not seen the episode in HBO 24/7 that shows the drug testing process that was done on Floyd and Mosley. Its not aired here in our country. But according to some written articles on the web it appears that its too much, too invasive. Its the opposite of what Manny's critics have been saying that it takes only a short amount of time and its not invasive. 5 hours is not a short time and its definitely invasive. And the amount of blood taken is more than just a drop of blood, much more than what Oscar delo Hoya led you to believe. Remember Oscar saying that its just a small amount of blood which is not the case.

Again, I do not have the opportunity to watch it. But to those who do, what is your opinion? Was it invasive as some articles say? Was the blood taken really more than what we are led to believe?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: USADA Drug Testing of Floyd and Mosley

The stipulation that USADA would have to administer the testing was dropped after it was clear the waters were rough. The testing these two are doing is the most rigid testing regiment they have, not the typical testing, but the same one that it was so publicized that Michael Phelps and Usain Bolt enrolled themselves in.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The amount of blood is not much... these samplers they are getting, I had 23 taken in the same day at some point and the say after I was fresh as a rose and went to play basketball (I am not a good player but indeed) with friends and I didn'T feel dizzy or tired in any way. 23 samplers in one day is more or less 300-350 ml, not even half of what they take when you go for a blood donation. These little collecting they are having can't downplay their performances, especially as they are taken at a few days of interval, which gives more than enough time to the body to refill the machine.
    the USADA test is for the moment the most advanced and most reliable on the market, we'll probably have better in the future but this is far far better than the Nevada or California athletics commission tests if you want to make a full screening.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It took five hours because floyd didnt have the fluids to fill the urine sample. I thought he could have easily shorten that time by just drinking water, but he seemed as if he liked having the guys around him so he was sipping the water over the course of 5 five hours. He could have downed a 64 ounce glass and it would have came right out considering how much shape he in, the body would have broken down water into waste in no time...
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jerome01 View Post
    I have not seen the episode in HBO 24/7 that shows the drug testing process that was done on Floyd and Mosley. Its not aired here in our country. But according to some written articles on the web it appears that its too much, too invasive. Its the opposite of what Manny's critics have been saying that it takes only a short amount of time and its not invasive. 5 hours is not a short time and its definitely invasive. And the amount of blood taken is more than just a drop of blood, much more than what Oscar delo Hoya led you to believe. Remember Oscar saying that its just a small amount of blood which is not the case.

Again, I do not have the opportunity to watch it. But to those who do, what is your opinion? Was it invasive as some articles say? Was the blood taken really more than what we are led to believe?
    The blood taken really was minimal much less than fighters give already for their medical exam. This is same routine Olympic athletes go through. Can you post the articles that describe it as too invasive?

Both fighters agreed to the testing and neither has complained about it being too invasive so there you go.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMHO this should be standard. The articles pobably covered the fact that 5-6 hours were spent at Mayweather's house due to the fact they had to wait for him to finish willing the urine sample which he was not able to do on the first try due to dehydration from training... Had he filled it first try they would have been in and out inside of 30 minutes after taking blood which is just viles... There is a very small amount taken.

Why is it that our Olympic athletes are held to a higher standards than the "professional" counterparts are? Is not being a professional the highest level?

Fact is that it is not as invasive as one may think. The most invasive part is that they're random and could pop in while you're jerking off or something
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post
    IMHO this should be standard. The articles pobably covered the fact that 5-6 hours were spent at Mayweather's house due to the fact they had to wait for him to finish willing the urine sample which he was not able to do on the first try due to dehydration from training... Had he filled it first try they would have been in and out inside of 30 minutes after taking blood which is just viles... There is a very small amount taken.

Why is it that our Olympic athletes are held to a higher standards than the "professional" counterparts are? Is not being a professional the highest level?

Fact is that it is not as invasive as one may think. The most invasive part is that they're random and could pop in while you're jerking off or something
    "Hold up, hold up I'm almost decent, just........a..........there we go, I don't know if I can pee right now, give me a few minutes"
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Or while floyd is at the strip club getting lap dance....
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather View Post

If I was in the USADA I would intentionally make a "random" appearance while he was in the gentlemen's club. "Yeah it took us 5 hours and 751 dollar bills to get the sample."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather View Post

If I was in the USADA I would intentionally make a "random" appearance while he was in the gentlemen's club. "Yeah it took us 5 hours and 751 dollar bills to get the sample."
    If I was the USADA testers I'd be walking in on him taking shits and waking him up at 3:30 in the morning...

"Excuse me, Mr. Mayweather... Is this a bad time to swing by the "Bigboy Mansion"?
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok I did some research on the articles the OP talked about, I actually only found one by Avi "Shoefly" Korine. This article was also linked in a few Pinoy sports pages.

The Rumble - Sporting News - Boxing, MMA, Mixed Martial Arts News, Analysis, History, Results Rumors and More

Shoefly has 4 articles credited to him on this list

1. On this day: Hagler/Hearns.

2. Is testing too invasive? (featuring pictures of Mayweather and Pacquiao not Mosley)

3. Mosley/Mayweather undercard, where he talks about how garbage the undercard is even though he admits "In the opening bout Hector Salidivia faces Said Ouali. I don't know too much about this one." And additionally: "We've gotten used to disappointing undercards, and this one is no exception."

4. Funeka tests positive for Diuretic. Basically lifts a story from boxing scene and rewrites it.
    Last edited by killersheep; 04-15-2010 at 06:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley doesn't have a problem with it and the amount of blood is nothing, once your in their site you don't get out of it until the samples are collected, Floyd was playing around with the urine sample in 24/7

They talk about the testing around the 4:30 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EscUMPf0dzM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a necessity. Does anyone really thinkg the bad outweighs the good. Heck, the bad really isn't even bad. Boxing is a hurt sport. We can't even excuse a bit of invasiveness as the biggest reason we don't want real up to date PED testing. I think a little inconvenience is worth the surety. I mean lets be real. The bad is minimal. The blood drop is minute and the invasiveness is not even a complaint from either Mosley or Mayweather. The good is gargantuas. You will be taking action against an element of the possible brain damage, deaths, and cheats. Mosley even applauded the cause. Boxing has enough tragedies without PEDs. This is long overdue. PEDs are already a problem in boxing.
    Last edited by blegit; 04-15-2010 at 10:43 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The amount of blood they take is negligible. A healthy person regenerates the amount lost in less than half an hour. One famous UFC fighter has a blood test taken after every round of sparring when he's training for a fight to monitor lactic acid levels.

It depends on your definition of "inasive". If somebody following you round until you've got enough pee to fill a container is invasive then it's invasive. But if you've been accused of being a cheat and you want to clear your name to the world then it's fuck all.

Thread Information