I stated a long time ago that Pavlik wasn't half the fighter most people on believed him to be, or Margarito for that matter, and I was worried nobody would be good enough with movement to prove my point, but now three times this has happened, Hopkins-Pavlik, Margarito-Mosley, and now Martinez-Pavlik. I only bring this up because I have always been confused by this sites love of these fighters, they have height they fairly well schooled, but they have nothing special. Now I watched Caballero and I admit, he has some slick moves, but he lacks the speed to be competitive with guys who are great with movement and counter punching. I don't think its just a matter of styles as much as they are only good against guys who stand and trade with them. Minus the heigh even Pacquiao who uses speed, power, and output does much worse against boxers than he does against guys who stand and trade.

Anyways... to the point I am making, is that I am curious why people find these guys who do stop people, but do ordinary things(besides PAcquiao), throw strong but slow punches, so interesting? What do they do that's exciting? I would rather watch guys like Mayweather, Pacquiao, Cotto, etc. who have it all. Why watch somebody who is mediocre(at the top level) get by on stamina and height as opposed to watching a guy who is agile and quick, which IMO creates excitement of itself.

On a different note why can't any of these tall, lanky guys cut off the ring? Margarito is horrible at it, as is Pavlik. You would think they would get sparring partners that would force them to do a better job of this. I get the impression they probably practice in 16x16 against d level talent.