Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Froch too lazy!

Needs to learn how to up the work rate when needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch too lazy!

Quote Originally Posted by andykopgod View Post
    I thought that at first but Kessler fought a great fight and the body shots did the damage for me, Kessler and his team new Froch comes on strong in the final third and took that away from him read this what Bunce heard Froch say in the corner after 9....

Steve Bunce to ekstrabladet.dk: "I was right under Froch's corner doing commentary for BBC. Around the 8th or 9th round I heard Froch tell his trainer: He kills me with those bodyshots. He fucking kills me with those bodyshots."

Bunce continues to say: "You could hear the desperation in Froch's voice.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I got the impression that he was fighting lazy too, but it just seems like his style if he could keep his hands up and apply more preasure he would be a better fighter imo.
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch has that style which seems lazy but he has a high work rate like the Pascal fight. technically he can be poor but lazy is wrong and to fight hard against Kessler in the 12th shows he can work hard.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch met a guy who could take his power shots , and Kessler had a higher work rate ,
    Froch does not have the speed and reflexes for the hands down style , well at least not at this level.
    But the fact is Froch is one paced , and not so difficult to hit ,Bute would KO him in my opinion and would also beat anyone else in the super six.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When Froch is on the outside he's actually quite hard to hit with his side on stance, when he's not punching and waiting for openings. I can't stand the guy but he does have some under appreciated skill to find openings on the counter as he can find openings against faster fighters like Kessler and Taylor. When he initiates the exchanges he squares up sometimes and would've been more open to Kessler's slightly sharper punching (hess ain't as crisp as he used to be a few uears back).

Saying that I agree with Skel that Kess fought a good fight by targeting the area which a side on fighter gives you which is the left side of the body. While head punches seem more eye catching Kess' early right hands were causing just as much damage and prob outlanding Froch's head shots 4 to 1.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't say he was lazy. Forch was sitting back waiting to counter with powershots. He never thought Kesslar would go after the body. Kesslar has a good strategy. All the way or all the way out. Being Froch was looking to land heavy and he wasn't moving his feet, it allowed Kessler to dictate the distance between the two fighters. Stay on the outside and take the lead by picking at the body or jump in and land your shots then get deep so Froch couldnt get any leverage on his shots. You could see Froch's frustration after kess got inside and Froch would go for a tap near the back if the head occasionally.
    Froch started to follow kesslar out and kesslar didnt do himself any favors by moving straight back. If he circled out and used more lateral movement, it have been a nightmare for Froch. Kinda like a dirrell that evaded you but if you caught him, he wasnt afraid to bang with you and take your shots.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Froch met a guy who could take his power shots , and Kessler had a higher work rate ,
    Froch does not have the speed and reflexes for the hands down style , well at least not at this level.
    But the fact is Froch is one paced , and not so difficult to hit ,Bute would KO him in my opinion and would also beat anyone else in the super six.
    IMO Ward outboxes Bute, but hell i think Ward wins the tourney

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    I thought that at first but Kessler fought a great fight and the body shots did the damage for me, Kessler and his team new Froch comes on strong in the final third and took that away from him read this what Bunce heard Froch say in the corner after 9....

Steve Bunce to ekstrabladet.dk: "I was right under Froch's corner doing commentary for BBC. Around the 8th or 9th round I heard Froch tell his trainer: He kills me with those bodyshots. He fucking kills me with those bodyshots."

I can't imagine Carl saying that at all to be honest, plus I'm sure the tv crew would have pointed that out.

I have no doubt fat Bunce claimed it though, the guy wil say anything to make a story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dont think froch is lazy, he is so super confident he prob thought he had the fight in the bag

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post

I can't imagine Carl saying that at all to be honest, plus I'm sure the tv crew would have pointed that out.

I have no doubt fat Bunce claimed it though, the guy wil say anything to make a story.
    Well Bilbo i listened to the 5 LIVE commentary and Bunce was part of the team , he called it as it happened , Froch did say it.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch is having really tough fights against top fighters one after the other. This will mean he will be leaving the game very soon. The schedule is too gruelling.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information