Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: What's your bodyfat percentage

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your bodyfat percentage?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What's your bodyfat percentage?

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    Rowing machines are LEGIT, I couldn't believe how much they kicked my ass the first time I used them in high school. I wish my gym had one.
    Yeah I love mine. I have to row at a very slow pace though. My 5000 metre pieces are typically just under 2:30/500 pace whereas you see guys on youtube rowing at under 2:00/500 but it still gives the same workout benefits, I mean my heart gets up to 185 bpm peak which at 35 is probably my maximum possible heartrate.

Of course with my lungs the way they are my heart is at 120 bpm just by sitting on the machine but I can still feel the benefits.

I really want to knock about 10 bpm off my resting heart rate. I think my current resting rate is close to 90 bpm and if I could get it down to below 80 I'd feel so much less concerned about my future health problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    I've been working out for the last 5 weeks now in an attempt to get into good enough shape to move out of my fatties only shagging phase and get to nail plenty of average looking birds.

When I started my bodyfat percentage according to my Tanita scales was 20.8% and put me into the just overweight category.

5 short weeks later and it now reads 19.1% a pretty healthy reduction I think.

I've come down to 145.5 lbs from 148 too and my target is to drop below 140 for the first time in 12 years (cancer wastage not withstanding of course) and then start to bulk up with a bit of muscle building.

My long term goal is for my scales to read 15% bodyfat which would be pretty impressive for an almost 36 year old man I think.

I'd love to think I could get down to sub 10%, but that may be beyond me.

So for those who know it, what's yours?
    How tall are you? Why would you want to below 140 lbs unless you are a dwarf

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    I've been working out for the last 5 weeks now in an attempt to get into good enough shape to move out of my fatties only shagging phase and get to nail plenty of average looking birds.

When I started my bodyfat percentage according to my Tanita scales was 20.8% and put me into the just overweight category.

I've come down to 145.5 lbs from 148 too and my target is to drop below 140 for the first time in 12 years (cancer wastage not withstanding of course) and then start to bulk up with a bit of muscle building.

My long term goal is for my scales to read 15% bodyfat which would be pretty impressive for an almost 36 year old man I think.

Not a dwarf, a hobbit!

I'm 5 ft 7.5 in. I don't want to permanently be a 10 stone weakling but I'd like to lose the bodyfat I have. I am not overweight at all according to my BMI but I have little muscle and so the weight I do have is fat. I reckon I need to lose about 10 lbs of fat to look totally lean, which would be about right when you consider all the 5 ft 7 in boxers in the featherweight division.

Once I've lost the fat then I intend to switch my intentions to muscle building and I'll go on a bulking program, hoping to add 10 lbs of muscle.

So my longterm plan is to actually weigh the same as before I started 10 stone 7, but replace 10 lbs of fat with 10 lbs of muscle.

You can't burn fat and build muscle at the same so I want to lose the fat first, plus I find cardio more enjoyable than heavy weights session as I can do it sitting down!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not a dwarf, a hobbit!

I'm 5 ft 7.5 in. I don't want to permanently be a 10 stone weakling but I'd like to lose the bodyfat I have. I am not overweight at all according to my BMI but I have little muscle and so the weight I do have is fat. I reckon I need to lose about 10 lbs of fat to look totally lean, which would be about right when you consider all the 5 ft 7 in boxers in the featherweight division.

Once I've lost the fat then I intend to switch my intentions to muscle building and I'll go on a bulking program, hoping to add 10 lbs of muscle.

So my longterm plan is to actually weigh the same as before I started 10 stone 7, but replace 10 lbs of fat with 10 lbs of muscle.

You can't burn fat and build muscle at the same so I want to lose the fat first, plus I find cardio more enjoyable than heavy weights session as I can do it sitting down!

I am no expert but it surely would be a lot easier to bulk than strip, while you are bulking you can build the muscle rather than loose all the fat then try build the muscle with no fat at all. But each to there own, I was doing a lot of running recently 8 miles every other day but I have had a lot on recently and neglected it I need to get back into it, I am currently around 172 lbs around 5 10.5, I would like to be around 175 with a bit of size, at the moment I am a bit heavy round the gut and breast area.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not a dwarf, a hobbit!

I am no expert but it surely would be a lot easier to bulk than strip, while you are bulking you can build the muscle rather than loose all the fat then try build the muscle with no fat at all. But each to there own, I was doing a lot of running recently 8 miles every other day but I have had a lot on recently and neglected it I need to get back into it, I am currently around 172 lbs around 5 10.5, I would like to be around 175 with a bit of size, at the moment I am a bit heavy round the gut and breast area.
    The other issue is because I have chronic pulmonary fibrosis (lung damage) cardiovascular exercise is paramount. I really need to be working on my aerobic fitness first to get my heart rate down a bit. I am doing weights as well, but only a full body workout of 8 exercises, 2 sets for each twice a week. It's really light weight, just aiming to build reps from 10 to 15 for each exercise then move up the weight and start at 10 again.

I'm just not in the physical condition to really start pumping iron. I feel much better already though and have lost an inch off my waist and 2.5 lbs in 5 weeks which is pretty good going I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not a dwarf, a hobbit!

The other issue is because I have chronic pulmonary fibrosis (lung damage) cardiovascular exercise is paramount. I really need to be working on my aerobic fitness first to get my heart rate down a bit. I am doing weights as well, but only a full body workout of 8 exercises, 2 sets for each twice a week. It's really light weight, just aiming to build reps from 10 to 15 for each exercise then move up the weight and start at 10 again.

I'm just not in the physical condition to really start pumping iron. I feel much better already though and have lost an inch off my waist and 2.5 lbs in 5 weeks which is pretty good going I think.

It certainly is mate, inch off the waist is extremely impressive

Im just one of those guys who gains/loses weight really easily. Im a good 13 and a half stone at the mo (biggest ive ever been) and yes i am indeed some what of a fatty right now.

Given myself from saturday (may 1st) till the end of july to be back down to 168pounds and am convinced im gonna do it
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Re: What's your bodyfat percentage?

I'm aiming for 100% bodyfat.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    the Colonel Sanders is your friend. Not ideal for belly dancing as you might look like Jabba the Hutt a bit but if that is your goal, there is no mountains too high

Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    the Colonel Sanders is your friend. Not ideal for belly dancing as you might look like Jabba the Hutt a bit but if that is your goal, there is no mountains too high

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    No, that's not quite true, I just did a cm to inches conversion and I am actually 6'2. I am sorry for any damage caused by this misinformation. Particularly to Bruce Lee who has an idealised image of me. I may have broken his poor little heart.
    Well according to the calculators I can find online you're definitely not overweight.

6 ft 2 and 169 lbs gives you a BMI of 21.6 which is ideal.

That would give you a rough estimate bodyfat percentage of around 6%.

I imagine if you can't see a six pack then like me you must be a low muscle guy and therefore would bump it up to over 10%

Like Ice said less than ten percent and if you had any muscle you'd have a six pack for sure.

I think you need to do some weight training like me, as it sounds like you're pretty much fat, skin and bone like myself
    No, definitely not overweight. If anything a little bit too skinny. Certainly not very muscular.

Yeah, could defo use some weight training. My arms are very skinny. Might be a good idea to start doing a few situps every day too. I alway start exercise with good intentions but then I get lazy again. It's hard to stay focussed when it comes to health and I see why Ricky Hatton has all but given up on it in his quest for pleasure. I doubt I will ever end up like him though.
    Your probably skinny/fat then Miles, that means you don't weigh much. But your body fat percentage is high or higher than it should be for your weight. Or your not carrying much muscle.

Easiest way to cure this, is put on a bit of weight while doing weight training so basically bulking up. When you feel you've seen some good gains. Then do a cut thats what most people do mate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

didnt a prime lennox lewis once take the BMI test and it classed him as medically obese

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHomo View Post
    didnt a prime lennox lewis once take the BMI test and it classed him as medically obese
    Imagine Tua or Tyson the machine would probably blow up.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BMI is relativly useless except in cases of pretty bad obesity to be honest.

I'm 6 foot even, 13 stone and my body fat floats between 5-9%.

I'm 'overweight'

Conversaly you could get a 6 foot 12 stone guy with poor muscle mass and he would be an ideal weight -despite probably carrying too much fat.

Useless for athletes and the elderly amongst others.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

Well according to the calculators I can find online you're definitely not overweight.

6 ft 2 and 169 lbs gives you a BMI of 21.6 which is ideal.

That would give you a rough estimate bodyfat percentage of around 6%.

I imagine if you can't see a six pack then like me you must be a low muscle guy and therefore would bump it up to over 10%

Like Ice said less than ten percent and if you had any muscle you'd have a six pack for sure.

I think you need to do some weight training like me, as it sounds like you're pretty much fat, skin and bone like myself
    No, definitely not overweight. If anything a little bit too skinny. Certainly not very muscular.

Yeah, could defo use some weight training. My arms are very skinny. Might be a good idea to start doing a few situps every day too. I alway start exercise with good intentions but then I get lazy again. It's hard to stay focussed when it comes to health and I see why Ricky Hatton has all but given up on it in his quest for pleasure. I doubt I will ever end up like him though.
    Your probably skinny/fat then Miles, that means you don't weigh much. But your body fat percentage is high or higher than it should be for your weight. Or your not carrying much muscle.

Easiest way to cure this, is put on a bit of weight while doing weight training so basically bulking up. When you feel you've seen some good gains. Then do a cut thats what most people do mate.
    What do you mean when you say do a cut, Ice?

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

What do you mean when you say do a cut, Ice?
    Tone up medium weight with dumbbells ETC, do more cardio, eat healthly/dieting ETC.

Thread Information