Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Froch is THE worst boxer I have EVER seen

Exaggerating? Maybe...I have watched guys like Mayorga, Carlos Maussa..honestly, I think he's slightly better than Maussa.

This guy was so woeful against Kessler, I ask myself every time I watch him how he ever won a world title?? (I have some idea's why which I'm gonna mention)

Kessler was nowhere near his best and still thoroughly beat Froch..I can't see how anybody could have even thought about giving the fight to Froch? He had a few good rounds towards the end of the fight but I didn't think the judge was too far off calling it a 117-111.

If Froch would have got the nod in Nottingham, I would have called that a blatant robbery.

I've seen people throw shots with better technique in the their first day at a boxing gym. How many times did this idiot throw a shot which missed completely and squared him up leaving him way out of position?

In fact he nearly got knocked out when this happened once I think it was the 5th or 8th (I mix up when Kessler slipped down)

How about the time when he missed and did a complete 360? Awful!!

He has piss poor hand speed, piss poor defence, piss poor technique and piss poor reflexes

How has someone so bad been undefeated for so long and even won a world title?

Well he's lucky for being blessed with certain attributes..

The main ones are his stupidly long arms which sometimes allows him to get away with having zero defence and also gives him that "ball and chain" power like Hearns had.

Secondly, he has good stamina. He should be saying "Thank Fuck" every single day for his stamina or he'd have been exposed a long time ago.

Thirdly, a fair chin. I say fair because he can be knocked out. Just you watch. Kessler wobbled and punished him for his recklessness. Direll also wobbled him with a shot he didn't see because of his lack of defence. Taylor dropped him too.

By and large though, he takes big shots well. When he doesn't see them though, which is often due to being so wild, he is vulnerable.

Anyway, rant over but the reason this guy get's to me so much is that his ego is out of control. Pure delusion. I've never seen anything like it...Hatton, Audley and Calzaghe have nothing on this guy!

No doubt some of you will stick up for old Frochy, but please, tell me honestly what it is about this guy that is going over my head apart from the fact his recklessness leads to tons of leather being smashed upon his stupid his face? (Which is fairly entertaining, yes)

ICB Guest

Default Re: Froch is THE worst boxer I have EVER seen

I don't like Carl Froch inside or outside the ring really, but i have to give him credit. For being a so called crap boxer he's done pretty well. That just goes to show how much dedication he has and how strong his will is.

Beating some very good fighters like Jermain Taylor, Jean Pascal, i don't count the Andre Dirrell fight as a win. But still Andre Dirrell was so negative even though i thought he won, he hardly looked like a winner falling to the ground about 10 times.

Also Carl Froch done alot better against Mikkel Kessler, than i thought he could. I had it 115-113 for Mikkel Kessler, both men fought there hearts out, and it was a great fight.

I don't think Carl Froch has anything to be ashamed of, and i actually don't think he looks that bad, when he puts his hands up and uses his underrated jab.

But i don't get why he doesn't do that more often, he is nowhere near the worst boxer of all time. If he was that bad he wouldn't of beaten elite fighters, and won a world title.

Whether you love him or hate, he always lets it all hang out. He's entertaining and he isn't scared of anyone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've said it in previous posts. I really have no idea what people see in the guy but outside of his last fight he's beaten the guys they've put in front of him so i do give him credit for that. Another prop i'll give him is that every fight i've seen him in lately has been pretty exciting. I don't see how in hell he's going to compete with abraham and if he ever had to face ward well..........
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why would you want to 'rant' about someone who makes fights exciting?
    Na seriously, you should just learn to like him for what he is. Clumsy but cocky. You gotta love that!

His fight with Abraham will be an absolute classic
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's definately not a great boxer but he makes up for this with stamina,heart,strength and sheer grit and determination. He must have something about him cause he's beat some good fighters. I appreciate him for what he is. Not everyone can fight like mayweather,pacman. I think he can beat Abraham, ward takes him too school tho.

Job buscuit ( I've already told u once,leave me be, let me roam the fields of barley as a free man)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ah, he's not THAT bad... But pretty close. I have NO idea why people rate him so highly. Honestly though, what does that say about Kessler, that he was in such a close fight with him. I only had it two(maybe three) points Kessler's way.

Kessler's hands were at his chest and he was getting hit WITH A FUCKING UP-JAB from Froch's waist.

I've always thought Froch lacked in most areas but found ways to win which you have to admire. I don't rate his win over Taylor that highly due to him getting beat post to pillar before Taylor ran out of gas... But that's part of boxing and he got the KO win. I give him credit for clawing a win out of a loss.

His foot placement and balance are horrid... The way he leaves himself after punches... He fights that way against Abraham and he's gonna get knocked the fuck out. TBH, the more I think about it, the more I see Abraham stopping him.

Froch does tend to make fights exciting being he's so goddamn flawed.
    Last edited by PRIDE OF BOSTON; 04-29-2010 at 08:35 PM.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    I don't like Carl Froch inside or outside the ring really, but i have to give him credit. For being a so called crap boxer he's done pretty well. That just goes to show how much dedication he has and how strong his will is.

Agreed.

Whenever these "FIGHTER X is only good because of NATURAL TRAIT X" discussions come up, and who deserves what, I always think about Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven: "Deserves got nothin' to do with it." Its all about winning. If you can win a fight (or a championship) swinging wildly like Mayorga or with piss poor boxing skills like Froch, than more power to you. I'm not and never will be a Froch fan, but you gotta take your hat off to him.

Would Julio Cesar Chavez have become a legend if it wasn't for his chin? Or Muhammad Ali if it wasn't for his speed and reflexes? Ect ect.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That being said, I can't wait to see an angry, motivated King Arthur beat the hell out of him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to say in some parts I totally agree man, Froch has a couple the very very worst attributes I've seen in a boxer. Worst footwork, gets so square and is always always off babalance when he fights someone that has a sniff of movement to their game, and most annoying to watch is the worst uppercut technique in the world bar none, almost like a move out of Street Fighter that you can see coming from the cheap seats. Aside from that, like ICB says, his desire, will and supreme conditioning are second to none. I'm sure there are plenty of boxers out there that could learn heaps from training sessions with Carl no doubt, dudes like Arreola and Chambers could be fighting a weight division lower than customary no problem if they were to follow Froch's suit.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's a flawed boxer, but leaves it in the ring with some notable wins as other people have mentioned. He has Heart, chin, stamina, and he has been in some exciting fights as well. I really don't mind him. Not to mentioned he doesn't duck anyone.

It's too bad with the natural attributes he has he couldn't be a more sound and technical boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    He's a flawed boxer, but leaves it in the ring with some notable wins as other people have mentioned. He has Heart, chin, stamina, and he has been in some exciting fights as well. I really don't mind him. Not to mentioned he doesn't duck anyone.

It's too bad with the natural attributes he has he couldn't be a more sound and technical boxer.
    You know, in a weird way I can see it being part of his draw. I don't like Froch but like watching his fights due to his awkward, unpolished style making a more exciting bout. Froch's fights always seem pretty exciting, bar Dirrell... and that's not Froch's fault. He always shows up to fight... albeit in a really shitty manner
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has just done what came natural to him in the ring and it's worked out pretty well for him. Styles make fights and his style has certainly made some for good scraps at top level Kessler, Dirrell, Pascal, Taylor were all good to great to watch.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe wasn't all that technically brilliant himself.

But it works for him.

And to a lesser degree it works for Froch as well.

Both of them have a lot of grit.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with the slant you are taking,. Funny one of mine sparred with Him for the last Fight, I wasnt there. He reported back, He is better than He looks .
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would love to see froch vs bika, that would be a great scrap IMO

job biscuit (ready to rock and roll)

Thread Information