Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Snooker hits a new low..

Telling you now Higgins v Davis was bent not in a million years does Higgins get beat by 52 year old Davis the first to 13. Check this out in the NOTW

How world snooker champion John Higgins plots to betray his fans for cash | News Of The World

They are all at it greedy fuckers!!!

That Maguire is the worst for it, he has thrown so many matches it is unreal.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Snooker hits a new low..

Well they caught him hook line and sinker but I hate the newspapers more than I hate sporting cheats so I hope he manages to get away with it.

Personally though, although it is clearly wrong I don't think it's that big a deal. I mean he's proposing to drop a few frames to allow people to rig the betting, and gambling is hardly an honourable pursuit.

He doesn't need the money clearly, so I imagine maybe it's an adreneline thing, the kind of reason why people gamble in the first place. He takes a huge risk in return for the potential of massive reward, isn't that the essence of what gambling is all about?

All of the 'good honest punters' who need to be protected from his cheating would do exactly the same thing in his shoes and that's the great irony for me.

Higgins was a mug though, he should have known not to trust a man with a voice like Jig Saw. That was always going to end badly.
    Last edited by Kev; 05-02-2010 at 01:41 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Well they caught him hook line and sinker but I hate the newspapers more than I hate sporting cheats so I hope he manages to get away with it.

Personally though, although it is clearly wrong I don't think it's that big a deal. I mean he's proposing to drop a few frames to allow people to rig the betting, and gambling is hardly an honourable pursuit.

He doesn't need the money clearly, so I imagine maybe it's an adreneline thing, the kind of reason why people gamble in the first place. He takes a huge risk in return for the potential of massive reward, isn't that the essence of what gambling is all about?

All of the 'good honest punters' who need to be protected from his cheating would do exactly the same thing in his shoes and that's the great irony for me.
    Nothing wrong with it you serious?

Makes my blood boil mate, this is just the tip of the Iceberg, he is bent as fuck he threw the game in the world champs against Steve Davis as well without a shadow of a doubt, his manager who is also a member of the board of the outfit that runs world snooker arranged this!!!!!

He will get a 6 year ban for this and his career will be over which it should be the greedy cunt.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Corruption is ALWAYS a bad thing for everybody, fans, the whole game. HE doesn't need money? You're seriously underestimating the human greed dear Hobbit, probably that it's due to your naive and kind nature (like any hobbits) but even a man with a lot of money is often willing to do the shittiest of things in order to get a bit more. This guy deserves a terrible ban and an accusation for corruption, I am not a fan of Pool/Snooker at all but it doesn't change the gravity of what has just been done.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post

Nothing wrong with it you serious?

Makes my blood boil mate, this is just the tip of the Iceberg, he is bent as fuck he threw the game in the world champs against Steve Davis as well without a shadow of a doubt, his manager who is also a member of the board of the outfit that runs world snooker arranged this!!!!!

He will get a 6 year ban for this and his career will be over which it should be the greedy cunt.
    Yeah I expect his career will indeed probably be over. I just think it's probably not as cut and ry as it seems though. What I mean is a lot of snooker guys seem to be doing this and just to label them all as bent and crooked as if it's individuals with no morals is probably not accurate.

I expect he had reasons beyond just wanting the money.

Just off the top of my head I'm guessing that the kind of people who can pay 300,000 Euro's to fix a few frames of snooker must be pretty powerful and influential men. They obviously have a lot of clout and influence behind them and getting in with them probably benefits Higgins and the like a lot more than just this money.

I guess these are the type of groups that can set up events, put sponsership into the game, build it overseas etc, generally the people you want in with if you want to play a significant role in the development of the sport which is also your livlihood. That would also explain why that snooker official guy is involved as well.

The thing is EVERY sport, EVERY institution, EVERY small workplace is corrupt to some degree. People conspire together ways to make the system benefit them, we all do it, even those of us at the bottom, with the exception of Missy and Miles of course.

What I'm saying is that as much as we disapprove, probably many of us would end up doing the same thing under the same situation.

Snooker is a funny sport. I know Barry Hearn is trying to regenerate it but it's being dying for years. Apart from the annual World Championships people don't care about it and I doubt there is much money for the rest of the season, certainly not the kind that Higgins, McGuire, Lee et al can make through getting in these syndicate crowds.

He'll pay for it I'm sure, and no doubt he's let himself and his family down, but ultimately he's just taking a risk to secure himself and his family financially.

Right now the spotlight is on snooker because of the championships, for the other 11 months of the year the world at large doesn't care, and I imagine it's pretty easy to justify in your head how throwing a frame here and there in a few less important tournaments in exchange for getting enough money to secure yourself is not going to harm anybody.

Like I say, Missy and Miles will say it's because I have the morals of Dorian Gray, but the reality is that things are always shades of grey
    Last edited by Kev; 05-02-2010 at 02:05 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Corruption is ALWAYS a bad thing for everybody, fans, the whole game. HE doesn't need money? You're seriously underestimating the human greed dear Hobbit, probably that it's due to your naive and kind nature (like any hobbits) but even a man with a lot of money is often willing to do the shittiest of things in order to get a bit more. This guy deserves a terrible ban and an accusation for corruption, I am not a fan of Pool/Snooker at all but it doesn't change the gravity of what has just been done.

I'm far from naive, I actually thing Paul said it right when he wrote to the Romans, 'There is none that do good, no not one' and in Genesis '...the thoughts of mens hearts was only evil continually...'.

I'm just not suprised at all. For us it may be a great sport and an institution, but work within it year in and year out and you'll just see it as a business or workplace like any other.

And like in any business, people find ways to skim a bit extra off the top. I'm not justifying it, not al at all, I'm just saying an awful lot of people do it.

He obviously had his reasons, and weighed up the risks, and it backfired on him.

I expect he will lose his MBE/OBE thingy as well.

It's a shame really when no actual harm was done, only in the minds of those who seek to keep the purity of sport untainted.

If he hadn't been exposed nobody would ever have known or cared.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is using the old "i was afraid for my life so just went along with it" excuse

Fair play to the lad i'd use that one too.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Munkymagic View Post
    He is using the old "i was afraid for my life so just went along with it" excuse

Did you hear the voice of the guy who was negotiating the deal? That was Jigsaw from Saw, I'd be scared too.

He just played along to avoid ending up in a Hostel style torture situation in an Eastern European warehouse.

He's legit, I believe him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did you hear the voice of the guy who was negotiating the deal? That was Jigsaw from Saw, I'd be scared too.

He just played along to avoid ending up in a Hostel style torture situation in an Eastern European warehouse.

lol

Worst excuse ever the Russian Mafia haha, daft cunt, so why were you there in the first place and how come your bent manager had three of four meetings with these people in Scotland regarding throwing frames prior to travelling to Ukraine? Am sooory if he was so scared fair enough agree to it and that be it but the way he was suggesting ways to launder the money is a fucking joke yes John looked like he wanted to be out of there asap..

I agree that video could easily be edited, but his manager is bent as they come he has all the Scottish players under his wing and the worst one was Maguire and Burnett about 18 months ago who happen to be best mates and practise partners when there was lots of money for 9-3 to Maguire and the Bookmakers contacted the Snooker Authorites about this all bets for the match were suspended, and there is an ongoing enquiry regarding this, the funny thing was Burnett has the easiest black to make it 8-4 but the fact that he over missed it by so much made even more blatant it was fixed!!! Here is the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv_W0OziQa8

Love Maguires face he has just won the match but it looks like he has just found out his wife has died or something similar lol I think he is thinking what a tosser why the fuck did he miss that by so much!

Al so News of the world are saying they are revealing more next week with the Higgins affair.
    Last edited by skel1983; 05-04-2010 at 02:21 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Telling you now Higgins v Davis was bent not in a million years does Higgins get beat by 52 year old Davis the first to 13. Check this out in the NOTW

How world snooker champion John Higgins plots to betray his fans for cash | News Of The World

The thing is there is a big difference between losing a frame in a match and throwing a match, especially in this tournament. They would have to pay Higgins over £1m to throw that game, because he is the best player in the world on his day and could've won the tournament and afortune in prize money and other benefits. I also do believe that Higgins is desperate to win. He may throw a frame, but I can't believe he would throw a match in the world championship
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post

The thing is there is a big difference between losing a frame in a match and throwing a match, especially in this tournament. They would have to pay Higgins over £1m to throw that game, because he is the best player in the world on his day and could've won the tournament and afortune in prize money and other benefits. I also do believe that Higgins is desperate to win. He may throw a frame, but I can't believe he would throw a match in the world championship
    Mate Davis was 18/1 to win that match £1 million quid is small compared what these people can make at them prices, I am not saying 100% he threw it, but the shots he was missing were very fishy add to that Davis hasn't really beat anyone of singnificance in the last 9 years he has made 3 century breaks in 4 years, looks dodgy to me especially first to 13, Davis was amazing in the first session after that he was shocking and an out of sorts Robertson raped him in the next round pretty easily.

Hard to say really but Higgins is what 35 years old? He is not got many years left as a top player earning decent money, maybe he was seeing this as a little retirement thing, no doubt he has been getting encouraged by that cunt of a manager who is bent as they come.. Who knows though in reality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol

I think they audioed the voice mate but if they didnt i also would give higgins a friggin medal for not shitting my pants the moment he started talking

What annoys me about this is, is that john higgins didnt do this to cheat the sport and mug the fans off. He did it for his familys well being and it should be the muppets with no lives that set him up that face the ultimate penalty
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHammer View Post

lol

I think they audioed the voice mate but if they didnt i also would give higgins a friggin medal for not shitting my pants the moment he started talking

What annoys me about this is, is that john higgins didnt do this to cheat the sport and mug the fans off. He did it for his familys well being and it should be the muppets with no lives that set him up that face the ultimate penalty

wtf? 5 million he made already not good enough? Jesus christ you for real? He did it in pure greed the fat cunt, do you realise the knock on effect this will have on the sport sponsorship will be pulled tv deals gone, players lives ruined and careers possibly down the swanny, not saying this will happen but Snooker is already on the way out this could put a nail in the coffin.

You say he was looking out for his family? They guy is world number one and worth 5 million quid he is a fat greedy cunt who has fucked the sport over royally. This is one instance that was caught on camera how many other matches or frames has he thrown? He should be banned for life imo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol

wtf? 5 million he made already not good enough? Jesus christ you for real? He did it in pure greed the fat cunt, do you realise the knock on effect this will have on the sport sponsorship will be pulled tv deals gone, players lives ruined and careers possibly down the swanny, not saying this will happen but Snooker is already on the way out this could put a nail in the coffin.

You say he was looking out for his family? They guy is world number one and worth 5 million quid he is a fat greedy cunt who has fucked the sport over royally. This is one instance that was caught on camera how many other matches or frames has he thrown? He should be banned for life imo
    It really wont mate

Higgins is hardly a character that the sport has to mantain. If this was o`sullivan id probably be in agreement.......but higgins??

no chance
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol

It really wont mate

Higgins is hardly a character that the sport has to mantain. If this was o`sullivan id probably be in agreement.......but higgins??

no chance
    Higgins aint a character, hahahaha he is the World Number 1 hahahaha 3 time world champ, it was front news of the national paper.

This is very very serious snooker is on it's arse as it is thats why Barry hearn was brought in, Snooker could be finished if BBC pulled the plug it's gave over.

Thread Information