Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I don't see Floyd-Pac being competitive after that performance

pacman has taken on much harder punchers than mayweather. I still like pacman to beat pbf. people underestimate pacman. I did unitl he destroyed cotto and battered clottey for 12 rounds. those two fights really told me a lot about his power and speed. But, it will never happen with floyds unrealistic and childish demands.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mickel View Post
    pacman has taken on much harder punchers than mayweather. I still like pacman to beat pbf. people underestimate pacman. I did unitl he destroyed cotto and battered clottey for 12 rounds. those two fights really told me a lot about his power and speed. But, it will never happen with floyds unrealistic and childish demands.
    Pacquiao took on Cotto who is a harder puncher then Floyd in terms of one shot maybe. But Mayweather would hit Pacquiao a lot more often then Cotto would and would make him miss more.

As little as Clottey hit Pacquiao to still bust his face up like that Mayweather who is faster with better technique and puts his punches together better I'd be worried how Pacquiao's face would look after the fight.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by markb018 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    Pacquiao thru 400 or so more punches against Clottey than both Mayweather and Mosley did together. There was often 15 and 20 seconds that when by with only a faint or two. Mayweather didn't run in this one. If Mosley had less respect for Mayweather and let his hand go by just 3 or four more punches it could have been more competitive. It was like the guy had his hands tied I couldn't believe it.
    It wouldnt have been more competitive if Mosley let his hands go. Shane would have been stopped if he did that. Shane didnt throw cause when he did he was getting rocked
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Shane didn't throw because he was gassed. If Pacquiao had hurt Mayweather in the second he would've been all over him. Shane looked happy to be there at points in the fight.
    It reminded me of the Clottey performance in that regard.

You have to wonder. Shane's been caught using steroids and then lied about knowing he used them. Now, in the only fight in his career he had to take Olympic Style Drug Tests and he had stamina problems? A little fishy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    You have to wonder. Shane's been caught using steroids and then lied about knowing he used them. Now, in the only fight in his career he had to take Olympic Style Drug Tests and he had stamina problems? A little fishy.
    this is the can of worms we're all anticipating to be opened because of the PED issue.

olympic style testing + losing = stopped taking for the fight or really just lost to a better fighter?

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    Pacquiao thru 400 or so more punches against Clottey than both Mayweather and Mosley did together. There was often 15 and 20 seconds that when by with only a faint or two. Mayweather didn't run in this one. If Mosley had less respect for Mayweather and let his hand go by just 3 or four more punches it could have been more competitive. It was like the guy had his hands tied I couldn't believe it.
    It wouldnt have been more competitive if Mosley let his hands go. Shane would have been stopped if he did that. Shane didnt throw cause when he did he was getting rocked
    Shane didn't throw because he was gassed. If Pacquiao had hurt Mayweather in the second he would've been all over him. Shane looked happy to be there at points in the fight.

I hate to say it but i also said that during the fight, it does look a bit fishy to me aswell. Shane Mosley has always had great stamina, especially in the 2nd part of a fight. Now the only fight where we know he was 100 percent legit clean, he's tired after 2 rounds ? that is very suspect.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by erik_corrales View Post
    this is the can of worms we're all anticipating to be opened because of the PED issue.

olympic style testing + losing = stopped taking for the fight or really just lost to a better fighter?
    Yes Floyd Mayweather Jr is the better fighter obviously, but that has nothing to do with Shane Mosley looking winded only after 2 rounds. He only landed 4 clean right hands in the 2nd round, it wasn't like he threw 100 punches and went all out.

It is very strange he run out of steam, so easily in the only fight where we know he was clean. And i don't think its age either, he showed plenty of stamina vs Mayorga, Margarito. He even come on strong late vs Miguel Cotto.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

I hate to say it but i also said that during the fight, it does look a bit fishy to me aswell. Shane Mosley has always had great stamina, especially in the 2nd part of a fight. Now the only fight where we know he was 100 percent legit clean, he's tired after 2 rounds ? that is very suspect.
    I've been thinking the same damn thing fellas but didn't wanna mention anything for fear of being vilified..... I don't see how he couldn't have atleast had more for atleast a few more rounds, but two was a bit of a poor show really. Unless, like Pac vs Clottey, Mosley was afraid to shoot just because he was being hit on the counter almost every time, by harder shots than he expected.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post

I've been thinking the same damn thing fellas but didn't wanna mention anything for fear of being vilified..... I don't see how he couldn't have atleast had more for atleast a few more rounds, but two was a bit of a poor show really. Unless, like Pac vs Clottey, Mosley was afraid to shoot just because he was being hit on the counter almost every time, by harder shots than he expected.
    Go right ahead and say what you think, who the hell cares who disagree's. If thats what you believe then go ahead and say it, and you don't have that many people disagreeing. I agree with you and so does Rat, i think it is very strange.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Go right ahead and say what you think, who the hell cares who disagree's. If thats what you believe then go ahead and say it, and you don't have that many people disagreeing. I agree with you and so does Rat, i think it is very strange.
    Your right, I should be open. Strange indeed i think. I actually had a conversation with a guy about three weeks back with regards the fact that it would be really noticeable if Mosley has been on something the whole time and this time not due to the testing. I think personally it was noticeable that Shane was out of it. Everything he was throwing at Margarito, almost the kitchen sink, if he'd have thrown that at Floyd in Round 2 Mr Money could have been toast. Just weird how after the 2nd i only remember him throwin a few punches a round with any sort of conviction what so ever.

Edit: Before anyone comes swinging in here using floyds balls as a vine, Mr Mayweather was very impressive indeed.
    Last edited by TheMacMagician; 05-03-2010 at 04:34 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erik_corrales View Post

Very, very good point.

I think he was simply outclassed, but it does make you think..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Oggie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    so many opinions... so many biases...

surely there's one thing we can agree on.

since floyd only signs up for fights he knows he's going to win...
    (just look to his record for proof.)
    and...since floyd won't sign to fight pac...
    we can safely assume that floyd knows something we don't:
    that he would lose to him.

agreed?
    Flawless logic there.
    Maybe he's confused as to which one is Mayweather and which one is Pacquiao.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah it can be shady.

thing is, mosley wasn't really "gassed out" gassed out. he was still bullying mayweather, except he couldn't throw his punches. he was being so careful after what happened in the 2nd round, he got tense. He wanted to throw the jab but he couldn't cause he was 2nd guessing himself. but he was wrestling mayweather most of the fight. its not like he was all sluggish and slow(although he did lose a lot of pop starting around the 6th round). he just abandoned all hope after learning that mayweather was gaining control. that's what made him look aged. kind of like a de la hoya in front of pac. or maybe even a pavlik out there with b hop, later rounds of diaz - marquez?

i don't know, that's how i see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your right, I should be open. Strange indeed i think. I actually had a conversation with a guy about three weeks back with regards the fact that it would be really noticeable if Mosley has been on something the whole time and this time not due to the testing. I think personally it was noticeable that Shane was out of it. Everything he was throwing at Margarito, almost the kitchen sink, if he'd have thrown that at Floyd in Round 2 Mr Money could have been toast. Just weird how after the 2nd i only remember him throwin a few punches a round with any sort of conviction what so ever.

Edit: Before anyone comes swinging in here using floyds balls as a vine, Mr Mayweather was very impressive indeed.
    Shane has never had stamina problems because when he was younger he ran cross country and competed in weightlifting. Then had a long amateur career. He put in the time and effort to be great.

Now what makes more sense is that he was coming off the longest period of inactiivty in his whole career, he was already training for berto then started training for floyd, and he's 38 these ingredients are a great recipe for looking exhausted in a mega fight. Yes he looked great 15 months ago against Margarito but 15 months is a very long time...
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

performance ENHANCING drugs not life giving energizer bunny drugs.

he over trained or grew old overnight or pbf took the life out of him.

you guys are giving peds godlike powers. its just drugs which gives you a little edge.

Thread Information