Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Larry Merchant

Why was it that during the post fight interview when asking about a Pac fight did it seem as if Merchant was getting upset with Floyd requesting the blood test from Pac. IMO if both fighters are subject to the same testing why is it a problem? Floyd is going through the same tests as PAC would. Floyd was getting all the criticism from the experts for ruining the first fight and I am assuming he will get the same if it falls through a second time. Why is it that no criticism falls on Pac. I didn't see Merchant asking Pac after the clotty fight why won't you just agree with the blood testing and make the fight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Larry Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by Caine3078 View Post
    Why was it that during the post fight interview when asking about a Pac fight did it seem as if Merchant was getting upset with Floyd requesting the blood test from Pac. IMO if both fighters are subject to the same testing why is it a problem? Floyd is going through the same tests as PAC would. Floyd was getting all the criticism from the experts for ruining the first fight and I am assuming he will get the same if it falls through a second time. Why is it that no criticism falls on Pac. I didn't see Merchant asking Pac after the clotty fight why won't you just agree with the blood testing and make the fight?

I don't think Merchant was getting upset. But you do bring up a good point about why wasn't Pacquiao asked about the drug test or what is it going to take to get the Mayweather fight. People have to start asking Pac the hard questions in all these interviews.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest Merchant is as big and whiny a Floyd hater as Miles.

I think the two of them are kindred spirits in many ways.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Caine3078 View Post
    Cus Floyd doesn't look like a 6 million dollar a year fighter to Larry.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's true he was frustrated and he was very dismissive of the drug tests in his post fight comments too.

What's more angering is that when Roach went on PTI, probably the biggest syndicated sports talk show in the country, he wasn't asked a single question about testing. When they talked about the fight breaking down they were apparently oblivious and put it on Mayweather wanting more money. This was before the Clottey fight and I was really disappointed in them as they are in better position then internet writers to ask tough questions instead they played softball.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roach probably stipulated that they could not ask questions about the drug testing before the interview.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really doubt that would fly with them where they are there to ask tough questions of people of greater stature then Roach. They could have worded it nice enough to get a response without putting him on the defensive, they were just oblivious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's merchants job, hbo like many other companies want to cash in on the event. Floyd was the one in front of him at the time. So he's the one that get's pressured to make it happen. They want the fight to happen like most level playing field or not. Floyd get's the blame one week, pac the next.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Larry "Vodka Breath" Merchant hates watching PBF fight. It completely kills any buzz he had before the fight started. The fights always go the distance so he has to piss for about 2 and a half hours and he can't stand it any longer when he interviews him.
    Larry is always looking down, thinking, "Damn I can't believe I pissed my pants." Well it is hard job when you have a "prostrate the size of a honeydew and a head full of bad memories."
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer View Post
    Larry "Vodka Breath" Merchant hates watching PBF fight. It completely kills any buzz he had before the fight started. The fights always go the distance so he has to piss for about 2 and a half hours and he can't stand it any longer when he interviews him.
    Larry is always looking down, thinking, "Damn I can't believe I pissed my pants." Well it is hard job when you have a "prostrate the size of a honeydew and a head full of bad memories."

He should buy a stadium pal

External Catheter, Leg Bag System

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I find it ironic as well how the public and so called experts put all the blame on Floyd and get all nicey with Pac when they interview him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wish people would just stop and realize that the blood thing was not the issue. Manny doesn't care about Floyd. Floyd only cares about Floyd.

The promoters are just trying to hype this fight for everything that it is worth. Pacquiao holds no grudges outside the ring. He is a fight, adn he knows that. He only fights the guys the promoters put in front of him.

Soon as I saw 1 thread not about Pac Mayweather I wanted to say something! But alas, It's ANOTHER blood test blah blah blah
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    It's merchants job, hbo like many other companies want to cash in on the event. Floyd was the one in front of him at the time. So he's the one that get's pressured to make it happen. They want the fight to happen like most level playing field or not. Floyd get's the blame one week, pac the next.

You say its Larrys job and I agree but you didn't see Larry asking Pac after the clottey fight why he wouldn't take the drug tests.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyFolds View Post
    I wish people would just stop and realize that the blood thing was not the issue. Manny doesn't care about Floyd. Floyd only cares about Floyd.

The promoters are just trying to hype this fight for everything that it is worth. Pacquiao holds no grudges outside the ring. He is a fight, adn he knows that. He only fights the guys the promoters put in front of him.

Soon as I saw 1 thread not about Pac Mayweather I wanted to say something! But alas, It's ANOTHER blood test blah blah blah

I don't know where you have been or what you have been following but the Blood Test ARE the issue. Pac said it himself.

Thread Information