Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default People who use the Race Card and Race Baiters

Lmao at this white boy. Waaaaaaaaa, the highest paid boxer in the world is Black and he won't bow down to white people, waaaaaaaa, he just keeps making more money than the last 10 generations of my cracker trailer trash family combined, waaaaaaaa, moderators please help me. Lmao, judging by the amount of posts from you its clear you're a loser like your peckerwood dad, lmao!!!!!!
    This quote was directed towards Lyle, it's been deleted now by the Mods and it's not the 1st time it's been directed towards him. But it just got me thinking that some people in this world are just race baiters or people who use the race card when they can't argue intelligently or just throw it out there.

Yes there is racism in this world, but call it when the situation commands it and not when someone sees a different viewpoint and doesn't agree with you.

Take for instance I've been called a bigot because I do not favor Amir Khan and think he's a fraud and ducking some guys, but of course there are some people out there that states that I don't like Khan because he's a Muslim and South Asian. Has nothing to do with it. Or Khan has been quoted in the paper as saying if he was white he would be a superstar, both clear cut examples of race baiting and using the race card. Or take Lyle for instance in his political views, he's been called a racist because he tends to be conservative in a few views of his, which I don't see anything racist about it.

But anyways race baiters and people who use the race card are just pathetic imo.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: People who use the Race Card and Race Baiters

The race card: When your arguments fail and that you want to use the ultimate sensitive thing in a despair attempt to make your interlocutor look bad or as the bad guy.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One thing I hate is when black people are racist towards white people and think its ok due to our ancestors treating them like shit....but one white guy says the N word and all hell is about to break loose. A very big double standard. Thats why I dont mind watching Dave Chapelle and Chris Rock coz they really bag the shit out of anyone and everyone. Some people just think they are a losing an argument and throw in the race card for the sake of it.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey View Post
    One thing I hate is when black people are racist towards white people and think its ok due to our ancestors treating them like shit....but one white guy says the N word and all hell is about to break loose. A very big double standard. Thats why I dont mind watching Dave Chapelle and Chris Rock coz they really bag the shit out of anyone and everyone. Some people just think they are a losing an argument and throw in the race card for the sake of it.
    Yeah it's a very very very very big comedy card in tonnes of movies and tv shows... The white guy will come and the tough black guy will be like, "What the f'k you want white boy"....

If it was "What the f'k you want black boy" the tv show would have that episode banned...

Like, I think racism isn't about this sort of language anymore.... The real racism is the people who actually really dislike other people just because of their colour...
    The time has to come sometime when we can refer to people as whatever colour and it can be relevant to a discussion, without it having to mean someone is being racist.... When you can start laughing at yourself, you know you have evolved... Some people say, when people start believing racist jokes are okay, then that means things are REALLLLLLLY bad... Personally I think when everyone starts beleiveing racist jokes are okay, it means that we've gone above the nasty hatred or whatever was behind that stuff 40, 50 years ago....

I think it's really crazy the amount of offence people take to things when they are meant as a joke and there was never any bad intent behind what was said... I think that just keeps issues raw long long after they need to be...

I say, it's all about the intent, and your intended audience, and what sort of reaction you are trying to get...

A white guy who is very much good friends with a black person could make racist jokes and they could have a good laugh.. Because they know their audience, and they only have good intentions...

I think we're moving past the days of being like "OMG you made a black joke, you're racist"... But I think still just common sense is needed..... And people need to learn to laugh at themselves and not take shit to seriously, especially when people mean no harm...
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

America just has such double standards though

If Chris Rock is allowed to spend 30minutes of a show bagging "crackers" then surely when the shoes on the other foot and a white comedian gives some back in return their shouldnt be any uproar??

Britain has had its "racist" comics aplenty over the years from mike reid to chubby brown. But when you actually get down to the nitty gritty its a joke no more, no less
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can agree with some of what you are saying but I have noticed a lot of people now act like racism doesn't exist at all, but it does. You also find a lot of people suffering with victim syndrome. I mean On some occasions the racism is blatant but still denied, the post on here about the BNP where the politician ask some Asian lads which one of you is a robber people ignored that and instead commented on the Asian lad spitting. Racism is worse than spit!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHammer View Post

America just has such double standards though

If Chris Rock is allowed to spend 30minutes of a show bagging "crackers" then surely when the shoes on the other foot and a white comedian gives some back in return their shouldnt be any uproar??

Britain has had its "racist" comics aplenty over the years from mike reid to chubby brown. But when you actually get down to the nitty gritty its a joke no more, no less
    I agree with that. In comedy I think anything should be allowed, no matter how distasteful it might be. There shouldn't be double standards though, if a black man can mock white people then white people should be free to mock black people. As long as it isn't being said hatefully then I don't see the problem.

People who play the race card on boxing forums are a sad bunch though. I've been accused of being racist twice all because I dislike Amir Khan. It's nonsense, I never raise the issue of race so I have no idea how it gets construed as racism. That guy who was baiting Lyle is a silly so and so. What is he hoping to achieve by posting like that?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a 2 way street. We need to look both ways before crossing.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    It's a 2 way street. We need to look both ways before crossing.
    I had a race car, d .
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah i agree with most of this, but it also annoys me when people act like racism doesn't exist just because they're not racists themselves.

Chris Rock can get away with what he does now, but in the future i imagine his style of comedy could be frowned upon much like Chubby Brown's and Bernard Manning's. The reason Rock is getting away with it is down to history really. There's a history of black people being treated badly by white people, so it's almost like we're in a period where it's acceptable for a black man to generalise about a white man. In a way, we're lucky that guys like Rock and other black comedians joke about what's happened, but i imagine in the future that it won't be acceptable.

All in all, i don't think racism even in comedy routines/jokes is acceptable as it promotes casual racism, which to you, may not seem so bad but actually it's quite dangerous.

I hear people every day using casual racism, but if you asked them about it they'd tell you they're not racists until they're blue in the face. Stuff like 'Fucking Paki's', said casually in reaction to a story on the news etc. It rubs off on other people and over time it becomes dangerous.

So yeah, whilst i agree with many of the sentiments in this thread, i also get equally annoyed at people who think it doesn't really exist and people who can't see the problem because they're not a racist themselves.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Yeah i agree with most of this, but it also annoys me when people act like racism doesn't exist just because they're not racists themselves.

Chris Rock can get away with what he does now, but in the future i imagine his style of comedy could be frowned upon much like Chubby Brown's and Bernard Manning's. The reason Rock is getting away with it is down to history really. There's a history of black people being treated badly by white people, so it's almost like we're in a period where it's acceptable for a black man to generalise about a white man. In a way, we're lucky that guys like Rock and other black comedians joke about what's happened, but i imagine in the future that it won't be acceptable.

All in all, i don't think racism even in comedy routines/jokes is acceptable as it promotes casual racism, which to you, may not seem so bad but actually it's quite dangerous.

I hear people every day using casual racism, but if you asked them about it they'd tell you they're not racists until they're blue in the face. Stuff like 'Fucking Paki's', said casually in reaction to a story on the news etc. It rubs off on other people and over time it becomes dangerous.

So yeah, whilst i agree with many of the sentiments in this thread, i also get equally annoyed at people who think it doesn't really exist and people who can't see the problem because they're not a racist themselves.

Is that pretty much you saying that day to day racism doesnt actually occur and that the only time someone can here something which can be classed as racism is at a comedy club??

If so you`ve obviously never been to a pub in your entire life

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is that pretty much you saying that day to day racism doesnt actually occur and that the only time someone can here something which can be classed as racism is at a comedy club??

No. How did you get that from that?

I'm saying that casual racism in comedy shows, tv shows, and even films is more dangerous because it reaches a much wider audience than a pub for example.

I don't go to the pub often because i can't be arsed listening to uneducated halfwits talk about the countires in the shit because of the Darkies' and the Pole's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm saying that casual racism in comedy shows, tv shows, and even films is more dangerous because it reaches a much wider audience than a pub for example.

I don't go to the pub often because i can't be arsed listening to uneducated halfwits talk about the countires in the shit because of the Darkies' and the Pole's.
    So does seeing a naked lady on tv make me want to disrespect women?, does watching an episode of the bill where the baddys a black chap make me hate black people?

Surely the moment you reach 17/18 you learn to take most things displayed in modern media with a pinch of salt?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So does seeing a naked lady on tv make me want to disrespect women?, does watching an episode of the bill where the baddys a black chap make me hate black people?

Surely the moment you reach 17/18 you learn to take most things displayed in modern media with a pinch of salt?
    Fuck yes. You're post history probably backs this up.

Seriously no it probably doesn't, but i reckon when you see her, if your mates were there, you'd say something along the lines of 'i'd smash that'. Half joking. Actually, you probably wouldn't be joking. That comment in itself is pretty disrespectful to some women - none that you've got any chance with mind

That's the problem, i don't think people do take what they read in the papers with a pinch of salt.

ICB Guest

I actually don't mind racism jokes if its about white's/black's ETC. And i actually enjoy old series like Love Thy Neighbour, Till Death Do Us Part, ETC.

Thread Information