I'm sure some of those over the Atlantic will know of this story, but I have only just read about it. So, basically a bunch of American kids decided to wear clothing with the US flag on a Mexican holiday at their school. It just so happens that there are a lot of Mexican kids at the school too, so in order not to cause offence the kids were asked to take off their bandanas and turn their t-shirts inside out. They refused and subsequently got sent home.

Now is it only me that thinks that this is one serious overreaction? I mean, these kids are American and it is their own country right? Surely it's not an offence to anyone to wear your own national colours? It's like me trying to order all the Koreans to take down their national flags because it's St Georges day and they shouldn't offend me. It seems a bit ludicrous to me. If I want to be around only Mexican colours surely I should go back to Mexico? Those kids did nothing wrong in my eyes and they should not have been punished.

What are your thoughts on this? The link is kindly provided below.

Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees - NBCBAYAREA- msnbc.com