Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Graham Earl on another planet!?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Graham Earl on another planet!?

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyFolds View Post
    I haven't watched Mitchell fight whatsoever. Anybody have the dig on how this guy fights? What are his strengths/weaknesses?

I have watched plenty of Katsidis! Just good ol' battle axe fighting. Like he's chopping away at a stump for as many rounds as it takes.

Kind of random.. did anyone hear Katsidis' corner in the Juan Diaz fight telling him he was ahead on the cards, and to fight carefully in about the 10th-11th frame? I hope he gets a new head trainer. That guy must have been delusional watching that fight... much like when he told Kats to go after Casamayor in the later rounds when he was 5-6 rounds up on the cards.
    I think the best fights for you to watch on Kevin Mitchell is definatly the Prescott fight. He showed a very mature performance in this one, as we all know Prescott can bang and Mitchell game in with a solid game plan and stuck to it by boxing his way to a clear decision. He showed that he has worked a lot on his defence and was putting together some very good combinations, I was very impressed with Mitchell in this fight and he showed that he could progress well onto the world stage. His next fight he won in the 2nd round and looked very much in command of the fight, showed us hes definatly ready for the likes of Katsidis.

The fight I believe showed us that Mitchell has great heart and knows how to dig deep was the one with Carl Johannesen. I think from seeing that fight we know Mitchell definatly has the ability to fight a war if needs be, and the fight with Katsidis has the chance to turn into a war at any time. I think the experience of a fight like the Johanneson one and showing that he has the ability to stick and move in a clean boxing display against Prescott shows me that Mitchell definatly has it in him to be a champion.

This will be a great test and risk for Mitchell, and with all the set backs hes had in his career through injury and Frank Warren not getting the best match ups for him I definatly believe its his time to step up in gear towards the big names of the weight class. I have full faith Mitchell will pull through this in a very special fight.
    If he wants a war with Katsidis he will be murdered, his team was on the verge of throwing the towel in against Johannson, I hope Mitchell wins but I think it is way to early to say this kid is world class he only beat a limited Prescott.
    Cant argue with that but worryingly i feel its inevitable that at some stage mitchells gonna attempt to let his hands go

Mitchell can box this geezer into submission im convinced by that,but he has got to be patient and on his toes the entire night
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHammer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyFolds View Post
    I haven't watched Mitchell fight whatsoever. Anybody have the dig on how this guy fights? What are his strengths/weaknesses?

I have watched plenty of Katsidis! Just good ol' battle axe fighting. Like he's chopping away at a stump for as many rounds as it takes.

Kind of random.. did anyone hear Katsidis' corner in the Juan Diaz fight telling him he was ahead on the cards, and to fight carefully in about the 10th-11th frame? I hope he gets a new head trainer. That guy must have been delusional watching that fight... much like when he told Kats to go after Casamayor in the later rounds when he was 5-6 rounds up on the cards.
    I think the best fights for you to watch on Kevin Mitchell is definatly the Prescott fight. He showed a very mature performance in this one, as we all know Prescott can bang and Mitchell game in with a solid game plan and stuck to it by boxing his way to a clear decision. He showed that he has worked a lot on his defence and was putting together some very good combinations, I was very impressed with Mitchell in this fight and he showed that he could progress well onto the world stage. His next fight he won in the 2nd round and looked very much in command of the fight, showed us hes definatly ready for the likes of Katsidis.

The fight I believe showed us that Mitchell has great heart and knows how to dig deep was the one with Carl Johannesen. I think from seeing that fight we know Mitchell definatly has the ability to fight a war if needs be, and the fight with Katsidis has the chance to turn into a war at any time. I think the experience of a fight like the Johanneson one and showing that he has the ability to stick and move in a clean boxing display against Prescott shows me that Mitchell definatly has it in him to be a champion.

This will be a great test and risk for Mitchell, and with all the set backs hes had in his career through injury and Frank Warren not getting the best match ups for him I definatly believe its his time to step up in gear towards the big names of the weight class. I have full faith Mitchell will pull through this in a very special fight.
    If he wants a war with Katsidis he will be murdered, his team was on the verge of throwing the towel in against Johannson, I hope Mitchell wins but I think it is way to early to say this kid is world class he only beat a limited Prescott.
    Cant argue with that but worryingly i feel its inevitable that at some stage mitchells gonna attempt to let his hands go

Mitchell can box this geezer into submission im convinced by that,but he has got to be patient and on his toes the entire night
    I think the experience of what he has learnt from the Prescott fight and obviously rising to the big occassion well make this a great night for Mitchell in a highly entertaining fight. My pick is that Mitchell stops him late as long as he doesnt get too involvled early in the fight. I think his boxing ability and his natural power will grind a late stoppage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've never really been sold on Kevin Mitchell. The more people talk and I hear about this fight the more I lean towards Katsidis. I remember Kevin Mitchell v Carl Johanneson an awesome domestic fight a couple of years back. The big shots Johanneson was landing on Kevin and I remember vividly how bad his defense was, he was so open all night. A figher like Katsidis can and will take advantage of his leaky defense and Katsidis has world class power and has mixed with world class fighters. Only problem I see is if the wars are catching up on Katsidis and Warren had that in mind when making this fight.
    Back by popular demand!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did anybody else hear sky sports news before ? Saying he would love another fight with Katsidis and that they could turn their fights into a great trilogy. He wouldnt even go one round with Katsidis if they were to ever fight again haha.

He also tips Katsidis to beat Mitchell in a close fight
    Lol he's deluded.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Rascal View Post
    I've never really been sold on Kevin Mitchell. The more people talk and I hear about this fight the more I lean towards Katsidis. I remember Kevin Mitchell v Carl Johanneson an awesome domestic fight a couple of years back. The big shots Johanneson was landing on Kevin and I remember vividly how bad his defense was, he was so open all night. A figher like Katsidis can and will take advantage of his leaky defense and Katsidis has world class power and has mixed with world class fighters. Only problem I see is if the wars are catching up on Katsidis and Warren had that in mind when making this fight.
    Agreed if Mitchell carried on fighting like he did against carl he would have had a short career, but the Prescott fight showed he can box and will pick his shots and win.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information