Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Graham Earl on another planet!?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is Graham Earl on another planet!?

Did anybody else hear sky sports news before ? Saying he would love another fight with Katsidis and that they could turn their fights into a great trilogy. He wouldnt even go one round with Katsidis if they were to ever fight again haha.

He also tips Katsidis to beat Mitchell in a close fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Graham Earl on another planet!?

Poor bloke has had one to many shots to the head, the closer the fight gets the more I fancy Katsidis, I have said Mitchell from the start but I have doubts. I am leaning towards Kats.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think if Mitchell can keep his composure and not get drawn into a violent scrap from the off he has a good chance. He needs to win rounds by not being overwelamed by the pressure Katsidis will apply, and i think the later the fight draws on the more chance Mitchell has. I hope he wins this fight, I know its going to be a cracker and hes earnt the right to be fighting the best. Come on Mitchell, lets have him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

horrible watching earl do an interview. The beatings over the years have taken its toll and his eyes just give the impression that he isnt all there!

And yes the rematch thing was truly cringeworthy
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

didnt he have a nose piercing too hahaha ?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I remember him doing an interview after the Khan fight, still on queer street going on about how it was a premature stoppage. Piss funny. He might have even been sat on a stretcher come to think of it.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Katsidis fight ended his career - that was a truly terrible beating inflicted on him. Its obviously done lasting damage, judging by these comments.

Though I agree with him regarding Katsidis winning the fight against Mitchell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I haven't watched Mitchell fight whatsoever. Anybody have the dig on how this guy fights? What are his strengths/weaknesses?

I have watched plenty of Katsidis! Just good ol' battle axe fighting. Like he's chopping away at a stump for as many rounds as it takes.

Kind of random.. did anyone hear Katsidis' corner in the Juan Diaz fight telling him he was ahead on the cards, and to fight carefully in about the 10th-11th frame? I hope he gets a new head trainer. That guy must have been delusional watching that fight... much like when he told Kats to go after Casamayor in the later rounds when he was 5-6 rounds up on the cards.
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyFolds View Post
    I haven't watched Mitchell fight whatsoever. Anybody have the dig on how this guy fights? What are his strengths/weaknesses?

Up until the Prescott fight my opinion of Kevin has been that he has always had a shakey defense.. but after that fight I was glad to say his defense looked miles better, but that said Prescott is a very wild puncher so.. we're yet to see how he holds up against a more technical puncher.
    Last edited by DatsiK; 05-13-2010 at 06:21 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Graham Earl certainly is on another planet no doubt. I'm sure he's not the first boxer to think that he can make a comeback, when he clearly shouldn't do. You only have to look as recent as Michael Brodie. He got blasted out of there by Anthony Crolla no problems whatsoever, and it was a shame to see......

On a side note, Micthell is in for a very tough time against Katsidis. Despite Kats being the brawler, he can adapt in a decent manner as he did against Amonsot and he is, for me, a very accurate puncher when he throws the bombs....

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel sorry for Earl, hope he does not make a comeback and stays retired.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHammer View Post
    horrible watching earl do an interview. The beatings over the years have taken its toll and his eyes just give the impression that he isnt all there!

And yes the rematch thing was truly cringeworthy

Earl has always had a vacant look about him.
    Balls

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have watched plenty of Katsidis! Just good ol' battle axe fighting. Like he's chopping away at a stump for as many rounds as it takes.

Kind of random.. did anyone hear Katsidis' corner in the Juan Diaz fight telling him he was ahead on the cards, and to fight carefully in about the 10th-11th frame? I hope he gets a new head trainer. That guy must have been delusional watching that fight... much like when he told Kats to go after Casamayor in the later rounds when he was 5-6 rounds up on the cards.
    I think the best fights for you to watch on Kevin Mitchell is definatly the Prescott fight. He showed a very mature performance in this one, as we all know Prescott can bang and Mitchell game in with a solid game plan and stuck to it by boxing his way to a clear decision. He showed that he has worked a lot on his defence and was putting together some very good combinations, I was very impressed with Mitchell in this fight and he showed that he could progress well onto the world stage. His next fight he won in the 2nd round and looked very much in command of the fight, showed us hes definatly ready for the likes of Katsidis.

The fight I believe showed us that Mitchell has great heart and knows how to dig deep was the one with Carl Johannesen. I think from seeing that fight we know Mitchell definatly has the ability to fight a war if needs be, and the fight with Katsidis has the chance to turn into a war at any time. I think the experience of a fight like the Johanneson one and showing that he has the ability to stick and move in a clean boxing display against Prescott shows me that Mitchell definatly has it in him to be a champion.

This will be a great test and risk for Mitchell, and with all the set backs hes had in his career through injury and Frank Warren not getting the best match ups for him I definatly believe its his time to step up in gear towards the big names of the weight class. I have full faith Mitchell will pull through this in a very special fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight with johannsen was a classic

Easily the best tear up mitchells been in so far
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post

I think the best fights for you to watch on Kevin Mitchell is definatly the Prescott fight. He showed a very mature performance in this one, as we all know Prescott can bang and Mitchell game in with a solid game plan and stuck to it by boxing his way to a clear decision. He showed that he has worked a lot on his defence and was putting together some very good combinations, I was very impressed with Mitchell in this fight and he showed that he could progress well onto the world stage. His next fight he won in the 2nd round and looked very much in command of the fight, showed us hes definatly ready for the likes of Katsidis.

The fight I believe showed us that Mitchell has great heart and knows how to dig deep was the one with Carl Johannesen. I think from seeing that fight we know Mitchell definatly has the ability to fight a war if needs be, and the fight with Katsidis has the chance to turn into a war at any time. I think the experience of a fight like the Johanneson one and showing that he has the ability to stick and move in a clean boxing display against Prescott shows me that Mitchell definatly has it in him to be a champion.

This will be a great test and risk for Mitchell, and with all the set backs hes had in his career through injury and Frank Warren not getting the best match ups for him I definatly believe its his time to step up in gear towards the big names of the weight class. I have full faith Mitchell will pull through this in a very special fight.
    If he wants a war with Katsidis he will be murdered, his team was on the verge of throwing the towel in against Johannson, I hope Mitchell wins but I think it is way to early to say this kid is world class he only beat a limited Prescott.

Thread Information