Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default If Khan had a solid chin ?

How far do you think he could go ?

It seems these days his chin is the only thing letting him down and he has everything else going for him in terms of skill.
    Back by popular demand!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Khan had a solid chin ?

It's a big 'If', but if he had a solid chin, I could see him being a multi weight world champion. I still think he has a lot of improving to do and needs more big fight experience, but he has improved massively under Roach (especially his defence) and he looks very impressive imo
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His chin might not be as bad at 140. Not saying it will be good, but it might not be 100% glass.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest, I'm not the biggest Khan fan atall, but I wonder whether it could have been a bit more down to the fact he was making it down to Lightweight, making him more vulnerable to a punch. Looking at him last night, I just wonder how he was making that kind of weight. There is no way he makes Lightweight again thats for sure IMO. He looks to be big enough or have the capacity to move to atleast Light Middle.

Maybe the chin issue can be a non issue with his improved conditioning and less struggle to make weight. I don't know, just a thought. Maybe some of the fighters on here could give a better opinion / observation. YoungBlood?? Anyone?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post
    To be honest, I'm not the biggest Khan fan atall, but I wonder whether it could have been a bit more down to the fact he was making it down to Lightweight, making him more vulnerable to a punch. Looking at him last night, I just wonder how he was making that kind of weight. There is no way he makes Lightweight again thats for sure IMO. He looks to be big enough or have the capacity to move to atleast Light Middle.

Maybe the chin issue can be a non issue with his improved conditioning and less struggle to make weight. I don't know, just a thought. Maybe some of the fighters on here could give a better opinion / observation. YoungBlood?? Anyone?
    it'll have been that 1% bodyfat. Takes it out of you
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post

Quote of the century.

"I have had a brilliant training camp. I have worked harder than ever, and feel fitter and stronger than ever before. My body fat is down to one and a half per cent, I have been working on lots of things".

Back by popular demand!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if he had a solid chin i reckon he could go all the way - no doubt about it. probably have potential to be one of the all time british greats

thank god he hasn't ;-)
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Rascal View Post

Quote of the century.

"I have had a brilliant training camp. I have worked harder than ever, and feel fitter and stronger than ever before. My body fat is down to one and a half per cent, I have been working on lots of things".

Haha, i didn't know he'd said that. Surely that can't be healthy anyway. His body would be eating itself everytime he exercised if his fat was that low, wouldn't it? Ha

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Rascal View Post

Quote of the century.

Oh dear... I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he's probably had it tested via biometric impedience (little pulse sent round your body) which isn't accurate at the best of times. Stick some Calipers on the boy and I don't see him getting below 7%

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's not get it twisted - In terms of skill, he is probably the best thing to come out of the U.K in absolute years.

As far as boxing ability, speed, power goes, he shits on the likes of Hatton, Calzaghe, Eubank, Benn etc.

It's just a shame he is such a nob, has no chin (which is kinda cool considering he is a nob) and his team insists on keeping him away from legit competition. If he is serious about what he said post-fight last night, people will have no choice but to at least respect him for getting in with the best opposition at 140.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As long as he keeps avoiding anyone with any power he'll do great... the bad news for him and his fans is America isn't as gullable as the UK in regards to standard of opponent.

but yeah if he had a good chin he would be something special... it would be great if it was a weight issue or even him maturing and getting stronger around the whiskers but untill he fights someone with power we'll never know.

i think he's a dick with some of the shit he comes out with but we need kids like him in the sport... people rating him and people not is all good for boxing IMO.

i will continue to enjoy him proving me wrong or watching him getting sparked out... whatever its win win for me...

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he had a chin he'd be a longtime P4P fighter without doubt.

Most top guys out there only have a punchers chance againt him. Unfortunately for Khan they don't have to punch hard or land a perfect shot to take him
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope he comes stateside more often.Respectfully I think it'll boost his level of competition.Sounds HBO has a keen interest,I thought Bob Papa was in semi fluffer mode lastnight.But even though Paulie can hardly break wind,let alone hit with power...Khan totally shut him down and looked sharp.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Funniest thing about watching him get knocked out is what the announcer says. He mentions that Khan has this new trainer now, and almost immediately as he says that Khan is stunned and later flattened. All I could think of basically is "Well .. he's fired."
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You just can't escape that chin though. Like you see in the video that Saddo posted, it didn't even seem like Khan took particularly hard blows against Prescott. But Prescott was able to match him in terms of reach and size. Since then Khan has been kept away from any opponents that might challenge him in those respects. You just had to look at Paulie to see how small he was. And of course you then factor in the KO ratios of recent opponents except Barrera.

I keep repeating this, but when are we going to see him in with a puncher? He's called out an injured Maidana in a post fight interview. Cool. Why not just fight Prescott again in a homecoming bout? How can you have a loss like that and just ignore it like it never happened? Khan should really think about doing that next.

Thread Information