Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Your take on Andre Dirrell

So I've wrestled with him a bit. ...and I was wondering what your takes were on him. This is how I see him at this point.

Andre Dirrell is an EXTREMELY gifted athlete. He has quick hands, decent power and good legs on him and uses great angles.

His inconsistency is what kind of kills me. He teeters in between two styles... One is all out running and another is engaging with technical brilliance... The thing is that it seems that the styles have had less to do with who's in the ring than with his mindset and focus.

People can say what they want about the shot landed by Abraham... Either way it was illigal and I think that the ref made a good decision on the DQ because he was down but in watching it over and over again in slow-mo, it looks like he makes an active decision to go down. He started to make an "it didn't hurt me expression" on his face for a split second before he went down. I probably would have done the same thing if I were him to seal the deal because Abraham was closing distance on him and getting tougher to keep at the end of a jab... but that's neither here nor there.

Although extememly skilled he's still a bit of a question mark in my mind and I can't really make my mind up on him.

Thoughts?
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Your take on Andre Dirrell

Dirrell has become my favorite of the Super 6. He is truly gifted, but also wild and vulnerable and will exchange when pressed.

He reminds me of Pascal in that you can see all that talent, but he has no issue with tossing it aside to get downright wild in there. It makes him an exciting fighter and it creates drama in his fights.

He also seems to have some power so when he exchanges he more often than not gets the better of them. He sent Abraham reeling quite a few times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Deanrw View Post
    Dirrell has become my favorite of the Super 6. He is truly gifted, but also wild and vulnerable and will exchange when pressed.

He reminds me of Pascal in that you can see all that talent, but he has no issue with tossing it aside to get downright wild in there. It makes him an exciting fighter and it creates drama in his fights.

He also seems to have some power so when he exchanges he more often than not gets the better of them. He sent Abraham reeling quite a few times.

I'd have to say Ward is my favorite in the Super Six. I love his movement and style. He doesn't mind taking it to the inside either. He doesn't make many mistakes. He has a good jab and power. Regardless of the headbuts he was making Kess look like an amatuer.(I'm a big Kessler fan so I was quite surprised)
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post

I'd have to say Ward is my favorite in the Super Six. I love his movement and style. He doesn't mind taking it to the inside either. He doesn't make many mistakes. He has a good jab and power. Regardless of the headbuts he was making Kess look like an amatuer.(I'm a big Kessler fan so I was quite surprised)
    I am not sure what it is, but I just cannot take to Ward at all. I think it is the Oakland officials or something. Maybe it was the Miranda fight. All I know is when he fights I want to see him get clocked good!LOL

He seems like a good guy and all, Maybe it is the fact all his fights are home fights for him or something. He seems to have it the easiest of the group for that reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not sure what it is, but I just cannot take to Ward at all. I think it is the Oakland officials or something. Maybe it was the Miranda fight. All I know is when he fights I want to see him get clocked good!LOL

He seems like a good guy and all, Maybe it is the fact all his fights are home fights for him or something. He seems to have it the easiest of the group for that reason.
    Yeah, I can see that. I loved the Miranda fight. What a beatdown. Bute sealed it, though. What a vicious uppercut!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Dirrell is a great fighter and he has a great future. I really dont think he'll win the super six tournament but he can never be slept on his skill level is far to good. He has some flaws but who doesn't now and day good fighters hand pick opponents he's fighting the real deal competition. these are no fights that have you feel funny like watching them hand picked million dollar fight from hbo.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pussy nuff said, although even worse he lost to Froch...
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Dirrell, I think he's the most charismatic member of the Super Six tourney by far and is a likeable guy.

For some reason he kind of reminds me as Rashaad Evan's kid brother, just a random thing.

I think you could make a case for him being the second best fighter in this tournament. He was unlucky not to get the decision against Froch, and he was beating Abraham handily until the foul, although Artur looked to be closing the gap on him a bit over the previous couple rounds, and maybe got a knockdown that wasn't called.

Either way I'd favour Dirrell to beat everybody now bar Ward, and even there I think he's the only fighter who can trouble Ward. I think Ward just wins this whole thing easy now, different class to the others, but Dirrell won't be easy.

I've got a feeling Dirrell has Ward in the next round? Which is unfair as he'll possibly fail to qualify, even though I think he probably deserved to win against Froch and could beat the others.

How many points did he get for the Abraham win? Does a DQ count as 2 or 3? I think it should be 3 as else a Kermit Cintron type who knew he couldn't make 12 rounds would throw a low blow and get disqualified to only give the other guy 2 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by terrorsid View Post
    I think Dirrell is a great fighter and he has a great future. I really dont think he'll win the super six tournament but he can never be slept on his skill level is far to good. He has some flaws but who doesn't now and day good fighters hand pick opponents he's fighting the real deal competition. these are no fights that have you feel funny like watching them hand picked million dollar fight from hbo.
    Oh I agree. He's crazy skilled... I'm just still on the fence about him as far as focus and mindset but people would have to be crazy to overlook what an amazing athlete he is. I mean, he could be a dark horse to win it but I lean towards Ward. Kess has showed that there's more chincks in the armor than I originally saw. Abraham just lets guys bank to many rounds early and depends to heavily on that one punch late. Against this level you can't depend on one punch though I still rate him extrmemly high in the S6 due to his defense and power. Froch is just to technically flawed for me and although he has pop and stamina... He's just very ordinary. Going off Green's last performance I don't rate him at all in this tourny... He's not taking on the Jaidon Codringtons of the world anymore.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dirrell: A talented boxer who's considering a side career in theater, preferably with Eschyles or Sophocles tragedies
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Dirrell too, but i'm not sure on his style. He has the ability to out box most guys, but i don't think he does it all the time. All the tools are there, he just doesn't use them all the time. I'm expecting him to do very well in the Super Six, i definitely think he moves on to the next round.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good fighter, great actor.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MMASUX View Post
    I like Dirrell too, but i'm not sure on his style. He has the ability to out box most guys, but i don't think he does it all the time. All the tools are there, he just doesn't use them all the time. I'm expecting him to do very well in the Super Six, i definitely think he moves on to the next round.
    I really hope he moves on to the next round. He's getting golden experience fighting the best of the best. This tourny is more important for the young guys IMO. Abraham, Kess and Froch have been world titlists and fought at the top level where as Ward and Dirrell were still faily green in the pro ranks coming in with decent but not top level experience.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really hope he moves on to the next round. He's getting golden experience fighting the best of the best. This tourny is more important for the young guys IMO. Abraham, Kess and Froch have been world titlists and fought at the top level where as Ward and Dirrell were still faily green in the pro ranks coming in with decent but not top level experience.
    You could argue the opposite. The established champions are looking for a way to define their careers and put themselves in the history books as some of the greatest super middleweights, whilst the younger guys and learn from this and come again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    You could argue the opposite. The established champions are looking for a way to define their careers and put themselves in the history books as some of the greatest super middleweights, whilst the younger guys and learn from this and come again.
    Indeed. I guess I'm looking at it as either win or lose, these kids are gonna come away knowing what to expect, look for, improve on ect.

It's true, though... I guess it depends what side of the pipe you're looking down.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information