Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Israel offered to sell nuclear weaponry to the Apartheid South African regime

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Israel offered to sell nuclear weaponry to the Apartheid South African regime

Revealed: how Israel offered to sell South Africa nuclear weapons | World news | The Guardian

This pretty clearly destroys the idea of Israel as a responsible nuclear power. Considering how dangerous they claimed Iran to be with them, the fact that they offered to sell them to one of the most oppressive regimes of the last 50 years speaks volumes. Also before you go 'oh it was 1975, they've changed', the man directly responsible for the attempted sale, Shimon Peres, is now their President.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Israel offered to sell nuclear weaponry to the Apartheid South African regime

Yes, unbelievable, but I am not all that surprised. We've all known Israel was a nuclear power, but to be trying to sell them to other dodgy regimes is less than cool. Will there be any consequences? There never has before so I won't build up my hopes.

I find the hypocrisy regarding the US approach to Iran and Israel outrageous at the best of times, but I'm curious to see how they try and twist this one. This only further enhances my view that Israel is a terrorist state and to think the Americans ply them with billions of dollars a year to stay onside. Iran doesn't treat its people well, but in terms of peace in the region Israel concerns me so much more.

I really wish nations would get real with Israel. It is an extremist state that is heading towards its own apartheid and pays no heed to international protocol or law.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Israel offered to sell nuclear weaponry to the Apartheid South African regime

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Revealed: how Israel offered to sell South Africa nuclear weapons | World news | The Guardian

This pretty clearly destroys the idea of Israel as a responsible nuclear power. Considering how dangerous they claimed Iran to be with them, the fact that they offered to sell them to one of the most oppressive regimes of the last 50 years speaks volumes. Also before you go 'oh it was 1975, they've changed', the man directly responsible for the attempted sale, Shimon Peres, is now their President.
    When you do see how they do gained the nuclear stuff with dangerous way to handle the fissile material, you can clearly see that they are absolutely not more responsible than Iran or any other regimes. They just play the good guy card, the oppressed ones but the ethics of their actions during the past 40 years is FARRRRRR from being spotless.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Israel is a complete sham of a country propagated only by hypocrisy and malevolence. I hate to say it but the more I learn about it's past and it's future, the more I hope it burns to the ground.

Horrible thing to say, I know.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is so much guilt on both sides (israel-palestine) its but impossible to envisage an actual end to the resoloution.

The gaza strip is just about the most hostile place in the world and people are dying all the time. Bush should become an ambassador and sort the mess out!!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Israel were South Africa's biggest arms suppliers throughout the apartheid regime anyway. And they supplied all their "riot control" equipment too. Two horrible minging apartheid regimes that worked well with each other.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHammer View Post
    There is so much guilt on both sides (israel-palestine) its but impossible to envisage an actual end to the resoloution.

The gaza strip is just about the most hostile place in the world and people are dying all the time. Bush should become an ambassador and sort the mess out!!
    Israrel are the big responsibles of the whole mess and extremist religious freaks from the islam wing got born under their guidance, wouldn't have they stole everything, blasting houses, stealing their drinkable water, radicalism in Gaza would have never reach the peak we know today.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHammer View Post

Israrel are the big responsibles of the whole mess and extremist religious freaks from the islam wing got born under their guidance, wouldn't have they stole everything, blasting houses, stealing their drinkable water, radicalism in Gaza would have never reach the peak we know today.
    Exactly. It is a disgrace how the politicians of our nations have tried to hide the Israeli issue under a rug for all these years or else give it no proper consideration. But people aren't blind and with alternative media out there willing to offer genuine insight into the type of behaviour Israel has been getting up to, some of the sheen is at least beginning to wear off somewhat. I'm not hopeful of any real change in the near future though as the pro Israeli lobbyists still have their claws well into the system. I really am beginning to look at someone like Obama as a mouthpiece of the lobbyists and nothing more. Not just about Israeli but all things. I mean what a crappy healthcare reform bill and now this latest godawful attempt at financial reform? Please, he is selling out ordinary Americans every single time. The Palestinians are being sold out too and it's nothing new.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Within the last week here in Australia one diplomat from the Israeli embassy has been (tokenly dismissed and sent home).

They forged and stamped 3 Australian passports for an Israeli execution squad to get into Palestine to hit one of their leaders (which they accomplished).

It makes a joke out of the Thread a few weeks back "Is Israel a terrorist state"?
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post

Within the last week here in Australia one diplomat from the Israeli embassy has been (tokenly dismissed and sent home).

They forged and stamped 3 Australian passports for an Israeli execution squad to get into Palestine to hit one of their leaders (which they accomplished).

It makes a joke out of the Thread a few weeks back "Is Israel a terrorist state"?
    It was a thread with an inflammatory title, but the basic gist of it is being given more momentum with every passing week. The thread showed that some are really quite ignorant to the threat and danger that Israel poses (not only to the world, but the citizens within) and that's what happens when the media reports only one way, but there does seem to be a slight pendulum shift.

Thread Information