Thread: Dana White Sides With Manny Pacquiao in Floyd-Manny Drug Testing Issue

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Dana White Sides With Manny Pacquiao in Floyd-Manny Drug Testing Issue

Not that this guy's opinion means jack concerning boxing, just stumbled across the article:

UFC’s Dana White sides with Manny Pacquiao over Mayweather drug testing demands | Bayanihan Tayo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dana White Sides With Manny Pacquiao in Floyd-Manny Drug Testing Issue

Dana couldn't give a shit if fighters are using drugs, just look at his cash cow Brock Lesner....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dana White Sides With Manny Pacquiao in Floyd-Manny Drug Testing Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Dana couldn't give a shit if fighters are using drugs, just look at his cash cow Brock Lesner....

Are you seriously implying that Brock Lesnar's physical attributes have NOT been achieved, purely, by hard work?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And the sky is blue. Of course Dana White is going against Floyd in every matter. They have a longstanding feud and lets just say the UFC isn't exactly anti-steroid. Sean Sherk tested positive for a steroid, was suspended by the commission, sentence reduced in half, and then rewarded by the UFC first fight back from cheating with an immediate title shot against BJ Penn. And lets not even start on their poster boy, Brock Lesnar. The UFC wants no improvement in PED testing. Thats why he calls the Nevada Commission the best. Yeah, because those "announced" urine tests sure got Brock worried. That statement alone discredited Dana but it sure gave me laugh.
    Last edited by blegit; 05-27-2010 at 12:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wasn't Floyd rumoured to be joining UFC when he 'retired'?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by koppas View Post
    Don't know where you heard that rumor but Floyd and Dana have long fought via the media. But even if they saw eye to eye Floyd wouldn't let the UFC use him for 100k a fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by blegit View Post
    Don't know where you heard that rumor but Floyd and Dana have long fought via the media. But even if they saw eye to eye Floyd wouldn't let the UFC use him for 100k a fight.
    ESPN News Wire - ESPN

Was definitely rumours going around a couple of years ago that he was thinking of crossing over.

Obviously was never gonna happen but still...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by blegit View Post
    ESPN News Wire - ESPN

Was definitely rumours going around a couple of years ago that he was thinking of crossing over.

Obviously was never gonna happen but still...
    did you even read the article? only thing it said was Floyd was thinking of working with Mark Cuban (a noted friend of Mayweather's) to possibly promote mma fights and maybe fight on a Cuban HDfights card

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    [
    did you even read the article? only thing it said was Floyd was thinking of working with Mark Cuban (a noted friend of Mayweather's) to possibly promote mma fights and maybe fight on a Cuban HDfights card
    Yes.

I was trying to find an article which supported the rumours about UFC but all I could find was that article about Floyd wanting to get into MMA.

Sorry.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dana, stay in the UFC and let the big boys try to salvage the image of their sport by themselves, I don't like Floyd neither but I really don't see how the USDA testing style could be any better for the boxing's image.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    [
    Yes.

I was trying to find an article which supported the rumours about UFC but all I could find was that article about Floyd wanting to get into MMA.

Sorry.
    You stated that there were rumors about Mayweather joining UFC after he retires from boxing. I seen none of that in this article or when I did a search. No big deal. I know there were rumors about Mayweather in MMA and I remember Dana White putting Floyd down and trying to provoke him into a UFC match. But Floyd is not going to get horribly underpaid by some guy he doesn't even like.
    Last edited by blegit; 05-27-2010 at 03:59 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There were rumors not to long ago. Most of them were proliferated by fighthype and I think mmajunkie.com. But there was definitely an article on some bogus he will fight for the UFC rumor.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This doesn't validate the rumors (obviously) but it clearly is in response to when they were being floated around the internet. I couldn't find it but we had a big thread on here about it.

Thoughts on the "Floyd in MMA" scuttlebutt - Bad Left Hook

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

About the only thing silly-er than us talking about the stupid crap floyd says is discussing the even more retarded stuff dana white says.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dana White was on FoxNews a few mornings back promoting the new UFC video game.

Of course he said that boxing in big trouble because of UFC.

Thread Information